If you’re a poker fan and fancy upping the ante up against Lock Stock’s infamous card sharp Nick Moran, here is your chance. Moran, the newly appointed face of Ladbrokes Poker, will be online this Thursday 20th May 2010 playing live in against anyone who wants to participate in ‘The Short List Freeroll’ – the first of a series of online poker tournaments at ladbrokespoker.com.*
From 8:00pm onwards you will have the opportunity to bluff, raise, re-raise and check your way to victory against Moran and the Ladbrokespoker.com community, and it doesn’t matter if you are a novice or a self proclaimed expert, all are welcome!
The Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels star has partnered with the brand www.ladbrokespoker.com to offer players an exciting new way to learn the game in a fun and safe environment. With the help of the poker professional Jon Kalmar (aka skalie), Moran hosts weekly installments of Ladbrokes Poker School which offers players tips taking you from novice to expert in every aspect of the game. Via a series of online videos, articles and podcasts, the Lock Stock star will covers all things from ‘getting started’ to ‘advanced poker strategy and bankroll management’. In order to get involved in the action, simply follow the below guidelines:
· Launch Ladbrokes Poker software by clicking on the Ladbrokespoker.com desktop icon.
· Log in using your username and password
· On the left hand side of the poker lobby you will see ‘Choose Your Game’. Select ‘Tournaments’.
· Click on ‘Special’ (This will now open the special tournament lobby where you will see a list of tournaments you can join).
· You can filter tournaments by Name by clicking on ‘Name’ at the top of the lobby, or by tournament start time by clicking on ‘Status’.
· Scroll down to find the ShortList Tournament and double click to join.
· The password for ShortList freeroll is “shortlist”
· Your registration should now be complete and confirmed by the software. Before the tournament start time, ensure you have launched and are logged on to the poker software. The poker table will automatically appear and you will be taken to your seat, ready to play
(Ladbrokes Poker Press Release)