Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumWerewolf Village

The Matrix Werewolf - Game Thread

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 976 to 1,050 of 1114
    I may grow old, but I refuse to grow up.
    Here comes Gator with the dad jokes.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    I didn't follow the game very much and certainly not after I died but I can't even blame the late-game villagers here at all, wolves simply outclassed us. I was honestly surprised they managed to lynch one wolf.

Easily the worst D1 for the village in a long long long time (V/V/V/V wagons) and we were basically never winning after that.
    Playing big pots at small stakes.
    I have NO IDEA why Ong was a wagon, let alone lynched by core villagers who know him very well.

As deadline approached I was intending to vote literally anyone but him, but I was busy at work and I don't think it would have mattered.
    congrats wolves. i liked the endgame strategy.

gator i was never going to bold you even if i thought you were lock wolf. i decided to accept jkds' read no matter what because i knew i would never hear the end of it if you died and flipped villager.

i dont see any way we could have gotten around smf. it's funny how this game can be a lesson in why lynching low activity villagers in the early game may be better than trying to hit wolves. im not sure ive ever seen the village win when a low activity villager is in endgame.

boog/philly, thanks for the w/w dueling. those aren't often figured out, so i liked having done it. i doubt my attempts to say i wasn't locked onto that position tricked anybody.
    People should leave me alive. If I'm a villager, I'm useful, and if I'm a wolf, I kill my team.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Yeah I think future day ones should be 95% wolf hunting, then a late CFD on the lowest poster.
    ongies gonna ong
    Or kill drew before he gets modkilled.

How many times you been modkilled now drew? I'm at one.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib View Post
    I didn't follow the game very much and certainly not after I died but I can't even blame the late-game villagers here at all, wolves simply outclassed us. I was honestly surprised they managed to lynch one wolf.

Easily the worst D1 for the village in a long long long time (V/V/V/V wagons) and we were basically never winning after that.
    i dont disagree that it was a bad d1, but we could have won lots even with that. even with jkds' death, exchange bid for smf and make wuf not give a fuck that people would insult him to no end if he got a vilgator lynched again after jkds was empatically emphatic to not lynch him, and the village wins >50%
    boog/philly, thanks for the w/w dueling. those aren't often figured out, so i liked having done it. i doubt my attempts to say i wasn't locked onto that position tricked anybody.
    Yeah, that was a fun thing to try. Glad I got to experiment with it a bit.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    bigred modkilled me.

bigred!

He's probably been modkilled the most.
    ongies gonna ong
    Wuf claiming he'd've lynched Gator in some world.
    Also I can't read gator for shit. Thanks for pissing on that bonfire gator.
    ongies gonna ong
    Hey dont blame me for not lynching gator! I wanted him vigged...yup. Totally wanted him vigged. Thats why i said not to ever lynch him. You guys didnt see that? Oh man, what a huge miscommunication on my part. My b, I'll be clearer next time.
    I have NO IDEA why Ong was a wagon, let alone lynched by core villagers who know him very well.

As deadline approached I was intending to vote literally anyone but him, but I was busy at work and I don't think it would have mattered.
    ong was on a different game than normal. turns out that different game is also a villager game. also that different game looks VERY wolfy when related to how it looks on other people. when other people play as "without conviction" as ong did relative to normal, they're usually wolves. but when ong does it, he's on a vgame that he plays once every two years or something.
    Gator be too smooth with his "Jkds might be pocketing me" bullshit. I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE YOU DIRTY WOLF
    Also, I dont understand any of the arguments that were put up for lynching me. All i can honestly gather is that I was playing different, but I felt like my reads were valid and role indicative reads.

Although, the only person who really thought i was villa was a wolf...so idk. I refuse to be bottled into one particular posting style tho, and some days I want to have fun and post gifs while getting reads.
    Quote Originally Posted by BooG690 View Post
    Wuf claiming he'd've lynched Gator in some world.
    in the first year that i played, i would have. back then idgaf what people thought of me.

the back and forth gator and i had near end of d2 when he kept blatantly disregarding a straightforward point i was making was enough to call him wolf even if jkds was not. granted his d3 play was solid.
    Oh yeah

GRATS WOLVES, GOOD WIN.

GRATS RASCAL, GOOD MODDING. Final day thing was weird, but i get it.
    ong was on a different game than normal. turns out that different game is also a villager game. also that different game looks VERY wolfy when related to how it looks on other people. when other people play as "without conviction" as ong did relative to normal, they're usually wolves. but when ong does it, he's on a vgame that he plays once every two years or something.
    Of course I was "on a different game". It is a different game.

I mean it's d1. I wasn't playing any "differently", you just convinced yourself I was.

The without conviction thing is just utter bollocks. I didn't have any conviction because the wolves were playing well and I had nothing solid to hold on to. But you didn't think about that, you assume lack of convcition means wolfy, rather than just being a villager who isn't really very confident in his reads. When did I ever show a lack of conviction as a wolf?
    ongies gonna ong
    I think Boog actually posts better as a wolf somehow. Philly was great and Gator lived up to his gold standard.

I don't know that any villagers played well. I totally get Hoopy vigging Gabe, I'd probably have done the same. Incidentally, I tracked Rilla n1.
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post

I mean it's d1. I wasn't playing any "differently", you just convinced yourself I was.

The without conviction thing is just utter bollocks. I didn't have any conviction because the wolves were playing well and I had nothing solid to hold on to. But you didn't think about that, you assume lack of convcition means wolfy, rather than just being a villager who isn't really very confident in his reads. When did I ever show a lack of conviction as a wolf?
    this was a pretty bizarro game where I knew you were a villager and no one else believed it. It seemed obvious to me that you were posting things you actually believed and weren't trying to drive some agenda or get cleared.
    in the first year that i played, i would have. back then idgaf what people thought of me.

the back and forth gator and i had near end of d2 when he kept blatantly disregarding a straightforward point i was making was enough to call him wolf even if jkds was not. granted his d3 play was solid.
    I was thisssssss close to hard defending gator there, because I didnt understand what you were even talking about. It seemed like you took what he said "I think jkds might be pocketing me", and then nailed that thought to him for all eternity and not ever considering that the read could change. The whole exchange baffled me, and I could only assume it was some weird wolf argument cuz it was so out there.

You probably did find legit tone/sentence structure/etc stuff from the argument tho. So kudos there
    I think Boog actually posts better as a wolf somehow. Philly was great and Gator lived up to his gold standard.
    I feel more comfortable in wolves' clothes. Obviously detrimental in endgame, though.

Also, does anyone have better hindsight than Wuf?
    I feel more comfortable in wolves' clothes. Obviously detrimental in endgame, though.

yeah it's like somehow you don't have anything to say as a villager.
    The vanilla claim was hard proof I was a villager.

ong always takes a fakeclaim there. Always. wuf was just too stubborn. I get that, I can be stubborn at the best of times. But that was definitely stubborness at eod.
    ongies gonna ong
    I thought the planned Boog/Philly wall of fighting was near the end was neat.
    yeah it's like somehow you don't have anything to say as a villager.
    I'm oddly more afraid getting lynched as a villager than I am as a wolf.
    this was a pretty bizarro game where I knew you were a villager and no one else believed it. It seemed obvious to me that you were posting things you actually believed and weren't trying to drive some agenda or get cleared.
    Yeah it was weird, the only reason I had to be nervous about you was that I wasn't nervous about you.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDS View Post
    Also, I dont understand any of the arguments that were put up for lynching me. All i can honestly gather is that I was playing different, but I felt like my reads were valid and role indicative reads.

Although, the only person who really thought i was villa was a wolf...so idk. I refuse to be bottled into one particular posting style tho, and some days I want to have fun and post gifs while getting reads.
    it was partly that you weren't doing as much to figure things out as you usually do. that's okay, but it's a culture shock to see since your rep as a villager is to wake up after d1 and construct some quality theories. the "lots of posting but little grand investigation" style you adopted looked more like a response to try to up your wolf game.

also i feel like you disregarded some of my points the way that wolves tend to do when they know they're caught.

there were some other things. an example is at the point you called me "honorary wolf" even while you were bolded on me. since "honorary wolf" is by definition a description of somebody playing as a villager, when i see that you were bolded on me while you said that, i don't see much else other than that you're just a frustrated wolf.

ive seen you play like that only once before on d1, a long time ago. i wasn't imagining things. rilla and gabe weren't either.
    Oh yeah

GRATS WOLVES, GOOD WIN.

GRATS RASCAL, GOOD MODDING. Final day thing was weird, but i get it.
    Thanks.

I agree with you on the way today had to play out, but based on the wincons I got from the wiki neither side had met their wincon yet. Next time, I'll look better at the wincons to make sure that kind of situation doesn't happen. Blame it on me being a noob mod.
    it was partly that you weren't doing as much to figure things out as you usually do. that's okay, but it's a culture shock to see since your rep as a villager is to wake up after d1 and construct some quality theories. the "lots of posting but little grand investigation" style you adopted looked more like a response to try to up your wolf game.
    ^^This makes a ton more sense. I was stuck in defend-myself mode since day 1 though and was pretty detached from the game afterwards. I let gut rule and that...ended badly.

also i feel like you disregarded some of my points the way that wolves tend to do when they know they're caught.
    I sorta get this one.

there were some other things. an example is at the point you called me "honorary wolf" even while you were bolded on me. since "honorary wolf" is by definition a description of somebody playing as a villager, when i see that you were bolded on me while you said that, i don't see much else other than that you're just a frustrated wolf.
    Ha, that didnt even cross my mind. I was just trying to discredit your argument since I knew I was a villa
    Thanks Rascal, cool flavor too.

hindsight is a wonderful thing.
    A haiku

I wanna be clear:
    I do not poop beds. Never have.
    Thank you very much.
    I was thisssssss close to hard defending gator there, because I didnt understand what you were even talking about. It seemed like you took what he said "I think jkds might be pocketing me", and then nailed that thought to him for all eternity and not ever considering that the read could change. The whole exchange baffled me, and I could only assume it was some weird wolf argument cuz it was so out there.

You probably did find legit tone/sentence structure/etc stuff from the argument tho. So kudos there
    i can see how it would look that way given that you knew you weren't pocketing gator the whole time. from my perspective his transition was striking because it wasn't really even a transition. he said twice over about 24 hour period that you pocketed him, then when i used it to point out an issue with what he was doing, he said you didn't pocket him in the first place. no explanation, just a complete reversal and blowing off. so yeah that got me going.
    The vanilla claim was hard proof I was a villager.

ong always takes a fakeclaim there. Always. wuf was just too stubborn. I get that, I can be stubborn at the best of times. But that was definitely stubborness at eod.
    well, see, i figured as a wolf you would have thought it through some and realized that the wolves should almost never fake claim in this format.
    A haiku

I wanna be clear:
    I don't poop beds. Never have.
    Thank you very much.
    FYP
    I'm not getting nearly enough props, here.

I was wrong on SMF at the end, but I was trying to clear all the lynched villagers before they were lynched.

well, see, i figured as a wolf you would have thought it through some and realized that the wolves should almost never fake claim in this format.
    I think this game would have been an excellent opportunity to fake claim on D1 or D2. At that time, the only villa PR role known was the vig because of the 2 N1 kills. A wolf could have claimed one of the unused PR roles and would not have been concerned about being counter claimed. Once wuf was cleared as the Innocent Child, then any fake claim could be countered from that point on.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilrascal View Post
    I think this game would have been an excellent opportunity to fake claim on D1 or D2. At that time, the only villa PR role known was the vig because of the 2 N1 kills. A wolf could have claimed one of the unused PR roles and would not have been concerned about being counter claimed. Once wuf was cleared as the Innocent Child, then any fake claim could be countered from that point on.
    doesn't the faking wolf still get lynched before endgame since he doesn't get nommed?
    thanks for modding rascal. good times
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    I'm not getting nearly enough props, here.

I was wrong on SMF at the end, but I was trying to clear all the lynched villagers before they were lynched.

you were a voice of reason. a shining example for all. the steady hand of a seasoned marksman. lover of good taste. the fudge on an icecream sundae. the guy in traffic who waves you in. an umbrella repelling the rabid thoughts of wolfy downpour. a paragon of virtue, of whom all our moms can be proud.
    There's a town tell in there somewhere.
    ongies gonna ong
    anyhoo, im happy this game is over.

it will be my last for a long while. i need the time and stress-energy that comes with this game for other things. it's been fun. don't forget how to ramrod villagers without me.
    i would possibly be down for some turbos though. something that lasts a couple hours on the weekend or something.
    doesn't the faking wolf still get lynched before endgame since he doesn't get nommed?
    Yes, but it buys him at least a day.
    Yes, but it buys him at least a day.
    does that help?

i think it comes at the expense of the times the cfd happens (often) and the wolf skates past the lynch and enters the coveted sweet spot where the village becomes reluctant to revisit his lynch.

a faking wolf always dies.
    Yes but a faking wolf dies happy because he's having fun.

Claiming vanilla on d1 is such a yawnfest for a wolf who got himself into trouble.
    ongies gonna ong
    does that help?

i think it comes at the expense of the times the cfd happens (often) and the wolf skates past the lynch and enters the coveted sweet spot where the village becomes reluctant to revisit his lynch.

In this case, the fake could last a couple of days, which in a game this size is a huge swing. As a wolf, I would probably do it, but only to save myself from a lynch.
    Yes but a faking wolf dies happy because he's having fun.

Claiming vanilla on d1 is such a yawnfest for a wolf who got himself into trouble.
    And this ^^^^

of whom all our moms can be proud.
    Number of games I've won as a living villager at LYLO still 0.

You might think it was straightforward, but I still don't know what point you were trying to make there. I am almost 99% certain I would have reacted the same was as a villager.
    Poker is easy, it's winning at poker that's hard.
    Also I can't read gator for shit. Thanks for pissing on that bonfire gator.
    Glad I could be there for ya buddy. In all honesty for a while there I had rolled wolf so often I forgot what it was like to be a villager. These last few games helped get my villager "feel" back and I was looking forward to seeing if I could maintain that feel as a wolf. I guess the answer is yes.
    Thanks.

I agree with you on the way today had to play out, but based on the wincons I got from the wiki neither side had met their wincon yet. Next time, I'll look better at the wincons to make sure that kind of situation doesn't happen. Blame it on me being a noob mod.
    I don't blame it on you being a noob as you could probably tell in my clarification posts in the wolf den. It would be almost impossible for you to know if or when vig would take his two shots. If he doesn't shoot the last night we start the day with 5 instead of 4.
    hoopy did us all a favour there by shooting smf.

That would've been a tedious day, watching him get strung up.
    ongies gonna ong
    you were a voice of reason. a shining example for all. the steady hand of a seasoned marksman. lover of good taste. the fudge on an icecream sundae. the guy in traffic who waves you in. an umbrella repelling the rabid thoughts of wolfy downpour. a paragon of virtue, of whom all our moms can be proud.
    You missed one - he was also my bitch
    does that help?

I agree with this and am never a fan of fake claiming. Unless of course you can make up an awesome role and run with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorJH View Post
    Glad I could be there for ya buddy. In all honesty for a while there I had rolled wolf so often I forgot what it was like to be a villager. These last few games helped get my villager "feel" back and I was looking forward to seeing if I could maintain that feel as a wolf. I guess the answer is yes.
    There was a point where you agreed with me on one point in one post, then disagreed with me on another point in the next post. That was the point where I put you as villager.

There were really subtle slips that you made, but they were only noticeable because were had roles spoiled in the dead thread.

You're not perfect, I'm pleased to say, but you're certainly out of my reach. I think I'm just gonna vig you n1 when I'm vig. And baudib. I'm shooting him too. Only with baudib, it's not because he's good, it's because it would be funny.
    Last edited by OngBonga; 12-03-2015 at 11:09 PM.
    ongies gonna ong
    I'm auto shooting the lowest content poster if I'm ever a villager special.
    There was a point where you agreed with me on one point in one post, then disagreed with me on another point in the next post. That was the point where I put you as villager.

There were really subtle slips that you made, but they were only noticeable because were had roles spoiled in the dead thread.

You're not perfect, I'm pleased to say, but you're certainly out of my reach. I think I'm just gonna vig you n1 when I'm vig. And baudib. I'm shooting him too. Only with baudib, it's not because he's good, it's because it would be funny.

Btw, my favorite post in the dead thread by far - "Wait, isn't gator like 60? He'll have a pager."
    Btw Rascal (and all). I am 53 years young.
    holy shit gator's 80?
    You might think it was straightforward, but I still don't know what point you were trying to make there. I am almost 99% certain I would have reacted the same was as a villager.
    THAT'S YOUR WOLFMIND SPEAKING!
    THAT'S YOUR WOLFMIND SPEAKING!

Nahhh, You're just smarter than I am.

Btw, I thought you played REALLY solid the last day and was truly worried that you would figure this shit out.
    thanks. that means a lot
    Btw Rascal (and all). I am 53 years young.

I've finally met a ww player that's not as young (i.e., older) than me, though not by much.
    holy shit rascal's 90?
    Hrm, I could mod a turbo at some point. The other half has to work weekends sometimes, that'd be a good way to kill time.
    Thanks Rascal, cool flavor too.
    thanks for modding rascal. good times
    Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. The Matrix flavor idea came to me from the "Pick your poison" format and I just ran with it.

I'm glad I finally modded a game. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.
    yeah modding is oftentimes better than playing.
    Complete game by the wolves, really great to see.

On the other hand, almost no wolf hunting by the village this game.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>