Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

50nl, villain repping nothing in 3b pot

Default 50nl, villain repping nothing in 3b pot

I only had about 20 hands on villain and his stats were probably around 30/25. About 8 hands ago I 3bet his btn open and he folded. Since then I haven't played a hand.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) ($52.25)
    UTG ($41.30)
    MP ($63.90)
    Button ($50)
    SB ($50.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q
    UTG bets $1.50, 1 fold, Button calls $1.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $6.25, 1 fold, Button calls $4.75

Flop: ($14.25) A, 5, 3 (2 players)
    Hero bets $7, Button raises to $14, Hero calls $7

Turn: ($42.25) 8 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets $29.75 (All-In), Hero ...
    His minraise doesn't look like a random stab where he is going to give up on later streets if he has air. I would fold the flop without more reads but as played call the turn.
    Bleh, I dont think their is enough info on villain to warrant the flop call. If your gonna call flop, I think you need to have a plan ahead of time for what you will do on different turns. If you thought he was bluff raising the flop, then this turn changes nothing.
    Your flop bet, said "Hey, steal this pot from me." So he did. BTW, your 3-bet preflop told him your range (AK, QQ+). If he has an ace, you having AA is unlikely with an Ace on the flop. You should either c/f an Ace flop or make a real bet like $11. The only hand that bets $7 on that flop and has anything is AA. You can't rep an Ace with that bet unless you're repping 2 Aces.
    juan, I don't think villains at this level are bluffing A-high boards enough in 3-bet pots and he is UTG...whereas his button range has a lot more bluffs and flush draws, I think you're going to see AJ+/55 here a lot.
    Last edited by baudib; 03-16-2010 at 03:04 AM.
    Playing big pots at small stakes.
    Easy flop fold
    Quote Originally Posted by Numbr2intheWorld View Post
    Easy flop fold
    I agree with this
    prepare for a hijack but it's a very similar situation so i thought it's best to keep it in same thread as it might help OP.

Villain is new to the site so i only have a few hundred hands on him but he seems aggro. 23/19/14% 3-bet/20/%4-bet and low fold to 3-bet 66%. Big difference here is that I have position. We can be sure he's 4-betting AK/AA/QQ because i've been aggro as well.

Boss Media (IPN) No-Limit Hold'em, €6.00 BB (3 handed) - BossMedia Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (€734)
    Hero (BB) (€1578.72)
    Button (€759.05)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K
    1 fold, SB bets €18, Hero raises to €60, SB calls €60

Flop: (€120) 6, A, Q (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets €72, SB raises to €156, Hero ?
    Family Cruise IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by tstrout View Post
    Your flop bet, said "Hey, steal this pot from me." So he did. BTW, your 3-bet preflop told him your range (AK, QQ+). If he has an ace, you having AA is unlikely with an Ace on the flop. You should either c/f an Ace flop or make a real bet like $11. The only hand that bets $7 on that flop and has anything is AA. You can't rep an Ace with that bet unless you're repping 2 Aces.
    I thought 1/2 pot cbets were acceptable in 3b pots since I can still get stacks in by the river. I would have bet the same with AA/AK/AQ. I also didn't really want to check because my hand is then pretty face up to a lot of people

Quote Originally Posted by baudib View Post
    juan, I don't think villains at this level are bluffing A-high boards enough in 3-bet pots and he is UTG...whereas his button range has a lot more bluffs and flush draws, I think you're going to see AJ+/55 here a lot.
    UTG folded. If it were UTG I for sure would have folded flop. I sort of assumed if BTN was trapping preflop with AK he wouldn't have called my squeeze. Do people actually call squeezes with 55/33 or minraise the flop with AQ?
    Last edited by fjuanl; 03-16-2010 at 06:52 PM.
    you're right, my bad, i still think it's Ax a lot but he'll have really really stupid hands here sometimes.
    Playing big pots at small stakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by fjuanl View Post
    I thought 1/2 pot cbets were acceptable in 3b pots since I can still get stacks in by the river. I would have bet the same with AA/AK/AQ. I also didn't really want to check because my hand is then pretty face up to a lot of people
    You are right. 1/2 cbet is my standard in 3 bet pots
    yeah +1 on the flop c-betting size being fine. We're not looking to protect since draws are less likely in RR pots on this kind of board (if it was 8910 it would be different) so i think we should be betting roughly half pottish with our entire range in these spots.
    Family Cruise IMO