Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

The Wire

Default The Wire

Any fans of the Wire on here? What do you guys think of the latest season?

The Wire is probably my favorite show on TV, but tbh I think it's been a little weak this year, with the exception of the episode where Marlo took out Prop Joe which was incredible. Don't get me wrong, it's still very good, just not up to the caliber of previous seasons imo. Things are just getting too far-fetched for a show that is so realistic. The McNulty fake serial killer thing is pretty freaking ridiculous, and Omar jumping out of the 7th story or whatever window and surviving with just a slightly busted leg belonged in a XXX film not the Wire. The newspaper and Carcetti stuff is fairly boring to me too.

I'm probably just nitpicking because of my obscenely high expectations for the show though. I hope the season closes out strong. And I'd highly recommend that anyone who hasn't seen the show to download/buy on dvd the earlier seasons which are amazing.
    this season seems weird but i trust the creators to finish it awesome
    LOST

Quote Originally Posted by UG
    LOST
    wtf , since when was your name UG????
    Best show ever.

And to get what I think about your hatin on this season just picture Jay Landsman with his imaginary cock in his hand going "Pppppth................pppth".
    ive only watched 2 of the episodes this season and im not really excited to watch the rest its just gotten pretty boring. they shouldnt have taken the whole barksdale operation basically out of the show.
    I am a big fan of the Wire and have bought all the series on DVD except Series 4. My wife loves Omar and given his sexual perference I don't care too much. For some reason I really like Bunk's character and Stringer Bell was off the hook.
    i like bodie
    i like clay davis, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii it
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe
    this season seems weird but i trust the creators to finish it awesome
    i like bodie
    yeah, i used to spar with his brother James.
    lol at people still hatin after I have spoken.

The Barksdale operations being deleted is not a bad thing, it's actually a testament to reality (which is awesome), and flows with the theme of changing it up (which is also awesome). As much as I love String, I am glad he's gone since it's good writing, but also since the battle between Omar and Marlo is as close to perfection as we could hope for.

All the complaints about this season being too off the wall or boring or whatever are also misguided. New things tend to take time to settle, and, asfaict, as somebody who complains more about contrivances in cinema than anybody you know, there is barely any contrivance in the McNutty/Lester business. It's gonna be awesome seeing where it goes. I would prefer to see them go to jail or something since it falls so well in line with the Greek tragedy model of The Wire, but they'll probably just frame Marlo and everybody will go home happy blah blah blah.

And yes, The Bunk is the man.
    I like bubbs. Shame he hasn't been involved much lately - that's the thanks you get for kicking the habit?
    Quote Originally Posted by silu73
    i like bodie
    its weird because i didnt like the actor in Oz, but hes the man in the wire

you beat up james??
    Quote Originally Posted by silu73
    i like bodie
    its weird because i didnt like the actor in Oz, but hes the man in the wire

you beat up james??
    Yeah, he had a mean left when he didn't drop it.

I'm just watching the 3rd series again. Can't get enough of this. The scene between Omar and Bunk was fantastic and from now on I should only refer to McNulty as "White Boy, Bushy Hair".

And who here would like to fuck with Brother Mouzone?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy
    lol at people still hatin after I have spoken.

The Barksdale operations being deleted is not a bad thing, it's actually a testament to reality (which is awesome), and flows with the theme of changing it up (which is also awesome). As much as I love String, I am glad he's gone since it's good writing, but also since the battle between Omar and Marlo is as close to perfection as we could hope for.

All the complaints about this season being too off the wall or boring or whatever are also misguided. New things tend to take time to settle, and, asfaict, as somebody who complains more about contrivances in cinema than anybody you know, there is barely any contrivance in the McNutty/Lester business. It's gonna be awesome seeing where it goes. I would prefer to see them go to jail or something since it falls so well in line with the Greek tragedy model of The Wire, but they'll probably just frame Marlo and everybody will go home happy blah blah blah.

And yes, The Bunk is the man.
    the barksdale operation being gone isnt a good thing. am i the only one who watches the show for the barkdales/marlo/other drug dealers? all the mcnulty and mayor carcetti stuff is boring.
    omg what did they do
    Well, bump.

Just wanted to suggest "The Corner" to any fans of The Wire. Same creators and lots of the same actors. Same heart-wrenching, gritty, real stuff.

That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.