Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumWerewolf Village

The Christmas Stiffs thread (Congrats to the Wolves and SDM)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    And SDM don't sweat it. I had a game where I was completely blind to what I was doing at the very end. I believe Gator shared that one with me. Sometimes everything goes wrong, you don't need to defend yourself, one day OngBonga et al will be vigilante and we'll be able to enjoy their play.
    Oh I've set myself up for some serious mocking when I fuck up, and it's pretty much a guarantee that will happen. I look forward to SDM telling me how shit I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Guys, I think I noticed something...

I got a PM from an admin asking for a shot the night fulsky was hung, but I didn't check my PMs since I was not expecting a shot that night.

In this game of Werewolf, there were two day 4s. Take a look:

http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...ml#post2001736

http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...ml#post2002599

Then finally comes day 5:

http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...ml#post2003838

The game's results don't change much, seeing as the only thing that is affected by repeating the numbered days is whether or not I have a bullet. The only thing about this game is that I had a bullet that I ended up not using as a result because I didn't think I had one...
    ...and so an innocent villager was spared...
    no you didnt-

night 1- no bullet/we ate rilla
    night 2- shot keith/we recruited
    night 3- no bullet/ we missed gator
    night 4- shot Hoopy/ we ate jkds
    night 5- no bullet/ we ate wuf
    night 6- shot warpe/ we ate carrots
    night 7- no bullet/ we ate JV
    night 8- never got there because you lost game for team/ we took advantage of your mistake

the only mess up was in the way he wrote it out in "the departed" list, as far as actual game play went you still had a bullet every other night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carroters View Post
    Yeah not only is it a game, it's also the interwebs! LOL interwebs drama.

I could seriously do another one very soon aswell! Next WW sign up thread, gogogogogogo.
    Valentine's Day is usually the next one. I'll mod, along the lines of the epic game we had before this one.

Give it a rest for a few weeks though. Burnout is an issue, and I want Valentine's to have a big field.
    It's gonna be great when I have the power to kidnap all you guys and put you on a remote island and play this game IRL 4 real lifesss.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolzzz_321 View Post
    It's gonna be great when I have the power to kidnap all you guys and put you on a remote island and play this game IRL 4 real lifesss.
    Hope I'm the fucking angel.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by filthy and the panic-attacks View Post
    night 8- never got there because I cheated
    Fixed

It could have been a lot worse... the same PM telling me I had to pick someone to shoot also said I had 3 bullets left. I could have killed a lot more villagers.
    Jesus this got a bit heated, I have no problem with the game or the Philly thing, wolves owned us pretty plain and simple. didnt love SDM's shots or strategy but live and learn, plus I was beyond terrible so can't really give him a hard time. I'm stoked for the next one, I think ill like it more now that I hVe a better understanding of it's played, and nice work by JV
    Oh, in the vig's defence, I didn't hate any of his shots. Keith was just too funny to dislike, and shooting Warpe should've been the key to finding Santa (it was either Warpe, JDKS or DTB, I had no other Santa suspects). Hoopy was fair enough if vig figured JDKS was the seer, I thought he was either a special or Santa playing badly. It's just that endgame snap-bold, it still makes me lol. That must have been great for the wolf team, to have all wolves alert and online together for a synchronised lynch, no doubt while hitting bongs and laughing like Hitler laughed during the Blitzkreig of Belgium.
    ongies gonna ong
    yeah chill guys, I've been playing for ages now and I'm still completely shit at the game. Getting better as a wolf, but no real idea what I'm doing as a villager aside from getting frustrated from time to time that npobody listens to my clearly fucking awesome analysis and lynch choice. But I can't wait to be the vig, every opportunity someone goes down, and if I have no reads, it's prob ganna be gator
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    If we didn't think Gator(no offense, it's just everyone was listening to you) and the rest of the village would lead him to bad shots, we would have killed SDM off a while ago.

After eating 'Rilla as a frame job against the vets, we had most people pretty backwards for the majority of the game. SDM was just the one carrying out the villages wishes and suspicions. You can't really blame him for that.

Numbers wise, the village couldn't afford another mistake anyways and with two or three top suspects that weren't wolves it was probably going to happen at some point. All he did was not drag out the inevitable.

His bold was obviously a clumsy mistake, no doubt about it. But, C'est la vie. Throwing hissy fits won't solve a problem that he obviously realized after the thread was locked.
    lol @ me cheating....if i had been a villager and PM'd them then you guys wouldnt have wanted me modkilled...why does it change if im a wolf, the only rule i broke was PM'ing...and if anything it helped the village last an extra day, if i didnt PM gala then he would have been modkilled and the village would have lost on the day fulksy died....also JV saw past it and still thought i was a wolf (apparently)
    I thought u were an honest villager al the way until you made this post near the end:

ok so SDM is retarded i guess....didnt he bold fulksy today already? ....is there anyway he can be both a wolf and the vig?

As for the matter at hand....the players i think are villagers- Me/Gala/Dan
    the people im unsure about- DC (more wolf) /BR (more wolf)/ DTB
    people i think are wolves - JV/Fulksy/TLR/Roid/WBF...i doubt all 3 of JV/WBF/TLR are wolves so i am likely wrong about at least 1 of them (maybe 2) but i do not have much of a clue which one. Based on yesterday's late bold of supa and the way JV flipped his opinion of dan i would have sworn he was a wolf, but i really like a lot of his posts today then i remember he's really good at this game so idk if i can beleive him , its really tough.
    The part in italic made me go.. no way *reads again*.. he's a wolf afterall? I can't really explain why I though that, it felt very off because of what I know about you. (I still wasn't sure though but I had one inconsistency to fill in because WBF in the end didn't look like a wolf anymore).

Btw I came pretty close to making a post at the end of the fulksy lynching day that would have gone:
    "if fulksy comes up a villager and the wolves eat me, you guys NEED TO lynch, in this order, TLR, Roid, (etc)". In the end I didn't make the post, probabty because I figured people wouldn't listen anyway. (+silently hoping I wouldn't get eaten) Woulda been interesting if I had made it though.

All in all, near the end the game became both interesting and frustrating. Interesting because whereas I had been clueless (and not paying much attention) at the start, near the end I started piecing things together and it became more and more obvious who the wolves were. The frustrating part was that I seemed the only one, and rather than listen to me, people thought i was a wolf.
    Last edited by jackvance; 01-14-2011 at 04:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
    The frustrating part was that I seemed the only one, and rather than listen to me, people thought i was a wolf.
    This is probably because you weren't doing much earlier and were still alive after other less high of priority targets were being eaten

Between you, Warpe, and TLR I had two of you as wolves because you guys simply weren't dying
    OMFG this thread is so tilting.

New game. I wanna be the vig so I can shoot some bitches dammit.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    Hahaha inb4 I'm the vig and bust off a wolf day 2.
    Regardless of whatever happened this game and how much of a douche Keith is, at least we didn't get accused of cheating amirite SDM... oya I didn't play lol

Interesting game altogether imo. So what you shot a bunch of villagers, you're not the first vig to do that lfdo.

Great job wolves though. SDM I woulda shot philly just because he doesn't like hockey, as good a reason as any haha

<3 philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Penneywize View Post
    Regardless of whatever happened this game and how much of a douche Keith is, at least we didn't get accused of cheating amirite SDM... oya I didn't play lol
    This is only a game , but its based on trusting that the other players abide by the rules. People are probably thinking i'm just butthurt because I got shot early by SDM but that is irrelevant. He actually did me a favour because i ended up working crazy hours during the uk freeeze and then my mum has been in hospital since christmas so i wouldn't have been able to play an active role.

I'm happy for you that you think cheating is a joke and that i'm a douche for thinking that its disrepecting all the other players who play honestly and to enjoy the challenge of the game.
    Btw I came pretty close to making a post at the end of the fulksy lynching day that would have gone:
    "if fulksy comes up a villager and the wolves eat me, you guys NEED TO lynch, in this order, TLR, Roid, (etc)". In the end I didn't make the post, probabty because I figured people wouldn't listen anyway. (+silently hoping I wouldn't get eaten) Woulda been interesting if I had made it though.

All in all, near the end the game became both interesting and frustrating. Interesting because whereas I had been clueless (and not paying much attention) at the start, near the end I started piecing things together and it became more and more obvious who the wolves were. The frustrating part was that I seemed the only one, and rather than listen to me, people thought i was a wolf.
    I woulda listened as my list (after the fulksy fuckup on my part) wasn't too far from yours.

I was also thisclose to rescinding fulksy by the end of the day, but by the time I got back to the thread the day was over.

Oh well, the wolves played great and we sucked. Next game will be better.
    Poker is easy, it's winning at poker that's hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_MM View Post
    I'm happy for you that you think cheating is a joke and that i'm a douche for thinking that its disrepecting all the other players who play honestly and to enjoy the challenge of the game.
    EDIT: Sorry about your family problems Keith. But for the 12004239047438927th time I never colluded with SDM in that game last year. Get over it man.
    Last edited by Penneywize; 01-16-2011 at 04:51 AM.
    penney , ill just refer you back to post 214 where i said to SDM

This is the most tilting part of your post. You claim to have had an amazing game where you pretended to be the angel. Why don't you try telling the truth that this was the game with the most blatant piece of cheating thats ever occurred in WW. You just happened to come up with the plan , when your friend just happened to be the real angel and you just happened to log in from the same IP address. Now penneywize has played straight down the line ever since during and before that game. I reckon you just couldn't help yourself and when he went to the loo/fridge/answer door/phone or whatever you sneaked a look at his pms.
    So let me be clear , I dont think penney cheated or was involved , I'm not saying the same about SDM. Just as i think that sdm probably said to you that i was accusing you both of cheating again leading to your appearance in the thread whilst carefully ommitting to tell you that i had said that i thought you weren't involved.
    Last edited by Keith; 01-16-2011 at 05:13 AM.
    I think its just an irrational maths based thing where people subconciously think that you and me are always villagers that there is always an underlying feeling that its there turn to be a wolf soon and vice versa where the regular wolves ...like ragnar got 3 in a row benefit from the well hes been a wolf the last two games he unlikely to be again ..when previous games have no impact on who gets what role in the current game. Playing styles then don't help either lol
    I didn't ask Penneywize to appear in this thread and didn't mention you at all, Keith.

Consider this. While playing hockey, I have told refs things that would be against the interests of our team, for example if we were offside when we scored a goal. I pass the puck if I think someone else has a better shot. Would a cheat or a glory hog do any of that stuff?

Nothing boils my blood more than people who cheat in games. I sympathize with you on that 100%. I'm sorry that I can't convince you that I played honestly
    Keith, come on man. Now you're just making up stuff. SDM's not the type to invade privacy and def not the type to be "in it for his own personal glory". Take it from me.

Just get over your hangups imo... I don't even really have the time to play WW anymore so this is all pretty much arguing for the sake of arguing. If in the future I decide to partake in a game SDM's already registered for, I'll run it by the mods and see how they feel about it. Until then this really is a non-issue. There's nothing either of us can say that will convince you otherwise, so what's the point?
    question: how do the wolves communicate?
    Wolves Den.. Another forum opens up when you are added to the Wolves subgroup.

They have also had to find their own forums to communicate on in the past I believe.
    i used skype the last 2 games, 2304928023x better than anything else in my opinion
    Stacks doesn't know anything about WW, he hasn't played since 2004.

Like philly said, we just used a skype convo that we stayed logged into and it saved teh chat from previous days. It definitely works out really well. (If the enter key on your laptop isn't broken. :P)
    i used skype the last 2 games, 2304928023x better than anything else in my opinion
    Wow, that's a lot better based on your analysis
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    Wow, that's a lot better based on your analysis
    im still waiting for the official results to come back from the lab, but this is the ball park out experts are guesstimating.
    No more talking, New game,

GoGoGo!!!
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    question: how do the wolves communicate?
    telepathy
    Wolves Den is broken, Skype chat is the nuts though. New game in Feb, bros.
    yeah, let's cool off til Feb. Psychic cat needs his rest
    LOL OPERATIONS
    New WW?
    Remind me - which month is this again? Is it January? Yeah, I think it is. And didn't he say that we would have a new game in February? Yes, yes, I believe he did. So how about you STFU until February, you incessant git!
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Woot, it's Feb 1st in Russia - New WW plz!
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Oooooo...Cold War Werewolf has a nice ring to it.

In Soviet Union, wolves wear YOU!
    One of you want to mod? I feel like sittin' one out and coming back in the spring
    I'll defer to Warpe as I'd like to super troll this game. If he doesn't want to I will mod.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    playing your standard game then ?
    Yeah like bigred will make it past night two. Perhaps he's hoping the village forgot his snap-bolding on final day? I reckon you should probably mod this one...
    Inb4 OngBonga is Day 1 lynch
    cock sauce and anything asian is great
    Maybe. Personally I think I'm day 3 lynch, after JDKS and BR.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    I'll defer to Warpe as I'd like to super troll this game. If he doesn't want to I will mod.
    Yeah, I'm fine with modding, but give me a few days to get it rolling. Pretty busy atm.
    why would JKDS be a day 1 or 2 lynching....its LDO going to go day 1- SDM, day 2- Ong Bonga, day 3 - wuf (too much experience under his belt now to let him live) then we lynch TLR cause hes always a wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by philly and the phanatics View Post
    why would JKDS be a day 1 or 2 lynching....its LDO going to go day 1- SDM, day 2- Ong Bonga, day 3 - wuf (too much experience under his belt now to let him live) then we lynch TLR cause hes always a wolf
    had to lol at the bolded ,if i remember correctly TLR got recruited last game .....what were you at the start of the last two games.
    Yeah I meant SDM, too many fucking people with letters for names. Maybe I should put "the guy who fucked it up in endgame". Yeah I might go day 2, I expect to be the first random lynch. Hopefully you guys will stop doing it after like 5 times or so, or maybe, just maybe there will be some even more annoying noobs than myself, though that's unlikely.
    Dibs on day 1 lynch.

Trip, if you'll help design a balanced game set-up, I'll mod.
    For my .02, I wouldn't mind seeing the first wolf kill get a poltergeist kill on like day 4 or 5 or something.
    I mean to say the first villager killed by a wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_MM View Post
    had to lol at the bolded ,if i remember correctly TLR got recruited last game .....what were you at the start of the last two games.
    yes keith, you got the joke
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    Dibs on day 1 lynch.

Trip, if you'll help design a balanced game set-up, I'll mod.
    Are you modding or am I? Trip said earlier he didn't want to and I offered but I'm busy as fuck atm, so you're welcome to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpe View Post
    I'm busy as fuck atm
    I always read this acronym as ass to mouth. Are you getting or giving?
    I'm planning on modding this game ass to mouth
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyLaRue View Post
    I always read this acronym as ass to mouth. Are you getting or giving?
    Giving would be mta.
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Giving would be mta.
    Don't make me draw pictures for you.
    Don't make me draw pictures for you.
    Please do.
    Let me know what your Mom looks like and I will.
    Let me know what your Mom looks like and I will.
    Just draw a picture of a woman holding a glass of white wine and it will look like her.