Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

$10 NL - Am I playing too aggro?

Default $10 NL - Am I playing too aggro?

I'm especially worried that my all-in push was a bit hasty- seemed like the only move to make at the time though.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

MP1 ($8.70)
    MP2 ($9.80)
    MP3 ($9.90)
    CO ($12.59)
    Button ($5.50)
    Hero ($7.10)
    BB ($3.94)
    UTG ($9.80)
    UTG+1 ($1.90)
    UTG+2 ($1.85)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q. Hero posts a blind of $0.05.
    UTG raises to $0.2, 1 fold, UTG+2 calls $0.20, 1 fold, MP2 calls $0.20, 1 fold, CO calls $0.20, 1 fold, Hero (poster) raises to $1.45, 1 fold, UTG calls $1.30, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls $1.30, CO folds.

Flop: ($5) 2, 5, 9 (3 players)
    Hero bets all-in, UTG folds, MP2 calls $5.60.

Turn: ($10.60) 2 (2 players)

River: ($10.60) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.60
    You should consider topping off your stack when you get below $9. Pre-flop raise is good, you want to fold out weak aces and kings and there's a lot of money in the pot already. Flop is a good one for you and with only a little more than pot left in your stack you should be happy getting it all-in, imo. I don't like the open push though because it might not get value from worse hands... I bet ~$3.50 and put the rest in on the turn.
    My logic was the pot was way too huge for a hand like QQ... I wanted to push a few off in case somebody had an Ax or Kx holding, in case an A or K flopped. In retrospect it would have been nice having a few Ax's or Kx's around, but i didnt want to chance it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zook
    Pre-flop raise is good, you want calls from Ax, Kx and other hopeless crap and build big pot to stack some donk who flops lower pair or draw .
    fyp

Pushing this flop with PSB behind is no-brainer.
    "How could I call that bet? How could you MAKE that bet? It's poker not solitaire. " - that Gus Bronson guy