Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

$1-2 NL B&M: Flopped top set 2 AI

Default $1-2 NL B&M: Flopped top set 2 AI

LIve game $1-2 blinds $100 max buy in game. Typical loose passive table - I came to play cards approach for the most part. 5 or so limpers SB completes action to Hero in the BB. Hero has and raps. I just check here for two reasons. There are already 6 people in the hand and raising to get heads up is doubtful and I don't want to have to lay this down to a big re-raise if someone comes over the top.

$14 pot ($11 after rake) and the flop comes

Hero bets $15 MP1 raises AI to $55, 1 fold, MP3 re-raises AI to $87, table folds around to hero who covers.

I've been at the table for about 3 rounds and neither player has shown anything notable although both have been mixing it up pretty well and been involved in quite a few hands.

Without any real reads a straight draw on board and two to the flush can you find a lay down here with top set or is this an automatic call?

Hero...?
    Autocall. 50BB stacks and all the dead money in the pot give you odds to draw to your boat. If you're even behind, which is far from guaranteed.
    say it's .1/.25 NL, would you even post this?

I assume something dreadful happened like one flipped 76 and the FD scooped. But stop and consider how dumb you'd feel if one turned over TT and the other 55. ITS TOP SET
    I'm all-in and hating the 50bb cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord
    I'm all-in and hating the 50bb cap.
    hehe. I guess that sums things up. I wouldn't hesitate on an all in or even an all in from shorty and a call putting the caller on a possible FD, but the second push made me stop for a minute especially since there were still 2 live hands yet to act behind the second all in (assuming that the SB won't call). My thought was that the first push could easily be a flush draw/TPTK/2 pair etc, but that the second could well be the flopped straight.

drmcboy - Yes, I'd still post if it was .1/.25. Interested in the situation and thoughts on the second push, not the $$.

Results: I called, villain 1 showed two diamonds with a gutshot and villain 2 showed the nut flush draw with 2 overs. The board ragged out and MHIG.