Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

10nl 88 on BU, straight OTT, river trouble.

Default 10nl 88 on BU, straight OTT, river trouble.

Haven't posted a hand in a bit, in between net providers.

SB is taggish, i havent tangled with him too much yet. he's been fit/fold post.
    BB has been active pre, but pretty transparent post.

after he calls turn i feel like my plan weighs heavy on the river, it pairs. given his line thus far we getting value here right?

Revolution Gaming Network - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): $13.12
    SB: $18.38 (VPIP: 20.62, PFR: 18.56, 3Bet Preflop: 5.41, Hands: 102)
    BB: $23.64 (VPIP: 31.91, PFR: 23.40, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 49)
    UTG: $9.67 (VPIP: 8.33, PFR: 4.67, 3Bet Preflop: 4.76, Hands: 110)
    MP: $9.65 (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 7.14, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 58)
    CO: $10.00 (VPIP: 23.86, PFR: 18.78, 3Bet Preflop: 8.11, Hands: 200)

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 8 8

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.27, SB calls $0.22, BB calls $0.17

Flop: ($0.81, 3 players) T 9 7
    SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.54, SB calls $0.54, BB calls $0.54

Turn: ($2.43, 3 players) 6
    SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.22, SB calls $1.22, fold

River: ($4.87, 2 players) 6
    SB checks, [color=red]Hero
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF
    Bet on the turn seems a bit small, dunno why you've gone for that.

As played I'd probably b/f like $3.20ish. I assume villain isn't bluffing a huge amount in this spot and I don't see why he wouldn't be calling wide enough to make this -EV.
    yeah i dont like my turn sizing
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF
    I think we should chk the flop.
    Turn bet should be much bigger.
    I dont see how we can be in bad shape on this river. 67s is 2 combos and 66 is 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by kickass View Post
    dude..
    Quote Originally Posted by kickass View Post
    Yeah, why do you wanna check back this flop kick? you think we're gonna get raised off the flop a lot?
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldPhaser View Post
    Yeah, why do you wanna check back this flop kick? you think we're gonna get raised off the flop a lot?
    I mean.. if I'm betting this flop it's not with the intention of folding to a raise. If we were 100bb deep, I'd probably be getting it in here, assuming some ppl might c/r QJ/KQ type stuff.

As played, easy river bet. If he c/r the flop and we called and then c/c the turn I think it's an easy river check back though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Quote Originally Posted by griffey24 View Post
    I mean.. if I'm betting this flop it's not with the intention of folding to a raise. If we were 100bb deep, I'd probably be getting it in here, assuming some ppl might c/r QJ/KQ type stuff.
    lately post-flop on lock has been a wash. (good for us) but im just saying in general its like these guys all read the same article about keeping their vpip/pfr 1/2 points away, and are fit/folders post-flop.
    The trend has been going more and more towards people playing more optimal preflop. People indeed read the articles and have a better preflop game. The main place money is to be made in the current environment is exploiting individual tendencies you see in people, and postflop. This is hard enough that you can't just memorize it after reading a few articles. You are correct in your observations.
    yeah, and there is no doubt the games are harder,but at the same time(especially @10nl) the games are kinda wide open in a sense. A lot of people just don't put in that extra effort of opening equilab, or stove, doing session reviews, and talking about poker. If you put in the work it surely pays off.