Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Exclusive Events & Offers

[Pokerstars] FTR Stars 250 ($3.30 BI, $250 Added) - December 30th

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No US Players [Pokerstars] FTR Stars 250 ($3.30 BI, $250 Added) - December 30th

Introduction

PokerStars and FlopTurnRiver are proud to present the FTRStars250!

The prizepool has $250 added and it only takes $3.30 and the password to get in! It's exclusively for FTR Qualified Members only!

Details

Name: FTR - Stars250
    Date: 30th December 2013
    Time: 21:00 GMT (16:00 EST)
    Buyin: $3 + $.30
    Prizes: $250 Added

Notes

$250 added to the prize pool!
    PokerStars does not accept U.S. players.

This tournament is open to FTR Qualified Members only. The password will be available here an hour before the tournament starts: Password Thread

If you don't already have a Pokerstars account, sign up here now!

Do not send private messages about these tournaments, they will not be answered. All questions about these tournaments should be asked in this topic.
    Last edited by givememyleg; 01-07-2014 at 07:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist View Post
    Yes, it seems nobody want to or can fix the problem
    The Time To Act Is Now...
    have you pm'd GMML or Jyms to look into it so that they can give you the password when it is available if they think you should be qualified and the system isn't fixed. Saying its hard to think of something to post in a poker strategy forum is the biggest cop out going.POst hands you aren't sure about , comment on other peoples hands. I.e get involved with the community and then reap the rewards, don't expect the rewards just cos you have had them in the past.
    The problem should now be fixed. PokerKing & Chemist, can one of you make a post please?
    Yes Keith is right, GMML has been busy and I can't seem to get access to the admin panel yet. I said I would look into it but believe me the system is getting fixed to the benefit of FTR and I will be going through the list and deleting anyone that I don't think should be qualified and adding those that should be. These qualified status's will only be available for active members, not for post count in the past. They will be for active strategy members too.
    I'll make post

EDIT: Still not qualified
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    Yes Keith is right, GMML has been busy and I can't seem to get access to the admin panel yet. I said I would look into it but believe me the system is getting fixed to the benefit of FTR and I will be going through the list and deleting anyone that I don't think should be qualified and adding those that should be. These qualified status's will only be available for active members, not for post count in the past. They will be for active strategy members too.
    What do you mean by active strategy members?
    Not posting in the announcements and the qualified tournament threads. Actually posting content on FTR. In the strat forums. In our other forums.
    gets more complicated every month. posting, active members ect ect. hope everthing gets sorted before pokerstars buyin, for those members having trouble.................
    We have less than a week before this event starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by joker131 View Post
    gets more complicated every month. posting, active members ect ect. hope everthing gets sorted before pokerstars buyin, for those members having trouble.................
    Maybe you would like us to leave it simple so you can have 2500 runners that have never cared about FTR or it's members?
    Not posting in the announcements and the qualified tournament threads. Actually posting content on FTR. In the strat forums. In our other forums.
    I see. However, I don't post much in the strategy areas, as I don't think I'm a good enough player, and that my English is good enough to make myself understandable. I don't dare to post much in those areas, as 90% or more of the active players at FTR are better than me, and my replies would not be qualified enough. So by saying we must post qualified posts in those areas, leaves newbies, and not so good players to drop FTR, and that can't be the idea either, or can it? Just asking
    thats a cop out. your english is fine, better than some of the native english speakers. Post your opinions about hands and others will point out where your thinking is wrong. your posts don't have to be correct to be considered quality posts as everyone learns from how others respond to your posts.Your posts become quality when you are actively trying to learn about the game and participating in the discussion. me too type posts aren't quality as no one learns anything from it.
    Last edited by Keith; 12-24-2013 at 11:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    thats a cop out. your english is fine, better than some of the native english speakers. Post your opinions about hands and others will point out where your tyhinking is wrong. your posts don't have to be correct to be considered quality posts as everyone learns from how others respond to your posts.Your posts become quality when you are actively trying to learn about the game and participating in the discussion. me too type posts aren't quality as no one learns anything from it.
    Thank you for your kind words about my English

You are right, people learn from mistakes aswell. But it can be tough posting something, and then the next posters goes in the totally opposite direction. A while back I planned to read those topics when they were first put up, and then write down my own opinion, while not posting, and see if my opinion match the majority of the good posters in here. But I don't get any posts by doing it that way

So maybe I'll just have to jump into the fire then
    Wee have a beginner forum that allows and would expect you to post answers and not be tirght. The point would be for you to actually give your responses and see how others thionk doiffferently or the same as you. Do you not think it would be a better idea to spend your time on FTR trying to get better or trying to win a few bucks to lose in games your not good enough to win?

Short answer, post in the BC, get told your wrong and why, get better and win money, easy game.
    If it doesn't get sorted before 30/12, will we get the pass in a PM?
    This event starts in less than 3 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerKing View Post
    If it doesn't get sorted before 30/12, will we get the pass in a PM?
    Any chance of that we get the Pass in a PM if it doesn't get sorted before tomorrow?
    Less than 24 hours to go until this event starts!
    Less than 12 hours to go until this event starts!
    can i have the password?
    Quote Originally Posted by lupadi05 View Post
    can i have the password?
    read this thread
    http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...ss-191430.html
    Quote Originally Posted by lupadi05 View Post
    can i have the password?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    No, I have a better way Keith, When someone asks for the password I just ban them, they have no intention of posting as a valued member anyway. This is far easier.

Although in lupadi05's case I am going to wait a bit, I notice he has been posting strat. If I decide it was just to get a password then I will ban him.
    Last edited by jyms; 12-30-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    Less than 6 hours to go until this event starts!
    Good luck everyone.
    Scottish Cowboy
    Less than 3 hours to go until this event starts!
    Schade. das deutsche Forum ist so gut wie tot. Und mein Englisch ist zu schlecht um hier mit zu diskutieren.
    Anyone who thinks they should be a qualified member but can not see the password, please PM me asap.
    Less than one hour to go until this event starts! The password has now been released to Qualified Members!
    Quote Originally Posted by nsuherby View Post
    Schade. das deutsche Forum ist so gut wie tot. Und mein Englisch ist zu schlecht um hier mit zu diskutieren.
    Gab es hier jemals ein Deutsches forum? Hab ich nicht gewusst
    I think password is still hidden, noone's in yet and I can't see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    pass?
    I think they're working on it.
    ongies gonna ong
    I updated the pw thread idk why it's still hidden on my phone but plz send a pm is still not able to see it
    Hier: http://de.flopturnriver.com/ Sie haben ein Russisches auch, lol
    If things were to magically revert to January 1st, 2003, only I could take everything I know now in terms of poker ability/knowledge, bonus clearing, etc., I think it's safe to say that it would be trivially easy to make over a million dollars.
    gl all
    hope it works out with password problem
    one of these days I'll be worthy to join you
    Should be able to see it now?
    The password is wrong GMML. Can you double check what you wrote??
    Is it a new IQ test like last but one was?
    If things were to magically revert to January 1st, 2003, only I could take everything I know now in terms of poker ability/knowledge, bonus clearing, etc., I think it's safe to say that it would be trivially easy to make over a million dollars.
    I tried (hidden), it's not that.
    ongies gonna ong
    Someone phone pascal.
    ongies gonna ong
    Give me his number, I'll do it haha.
    ongies gonna ong
    The PW from PM is *******
    gimme time guys, we will get it before the tourney starts. If you see a anyone register it's because we have the password. So far nobody has it.
    I knew it was wrong but I tried it anyway. Wanker.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by ISillyDurrrAK View Post
    The PW from PM is *******
    Are you stupid?? Don't ever post a password again or you will get banned

and that is not the password
    It doesn't work anyway
    Proper password is now posted in the password forum for qualified members. If you can see it or need it PM Me. You must be qualified or believe you are qualified to get the password.
    I'm on my phone and something is wrong I can't fix from here so will publicly post it so it won't cancel the pw is ********

Gl all sorry for issues

fixed by jyms, password is now posted in the password forum
    Last edited by jyms; 12-30-2013 at 03:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ISillyDurrrAK View Post
    It doesn't work anyway
    Ir doesn't matter. We ware working hard at trying to make sure FTR members are getting a benefit of these tournaments. Having a password posted or even the style of password we use can allow others to get access. People are already trying every combination of letters and numbers you provided to try and get in.
    Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    I'm on my phone and something is wrong I can't fix from here so will publicly post it so it won't cancel the pw is

Gl all sorry for issues
    Why make it public, when it's in the password thread aswell? Now we'll see many players

EDIT: I see it's been deleted again. Let's hope it was fast enough
    Last edited by PokerKing; 12-30-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    I need a faster laptop to keep up with you guys. Wow. Good thing pokerking changed it as well. Nothing like quoting something you don't want public so even after I edit one post it's still here.
    I need a faster laptop to keep up with you guys. Wow. Good thing pokerking changed it as well. Nothing like quoting something you don't want public so even after I edit one post it's still here.
    Yes, whem I saw that it was deleted, I thought "Opppps, better delete it in my own quote"

Sorry about that
    This thread has turned into pure gold.
    ongies gonna ong
    Make sure to pm jyms if you can't view the pw he can give it to you via pm

Sorry for confusion I didn't think it posted in the other thread my service is poor

Thought an event w more players than normal
    was better than none? Indeed, cheers gmml.
    ongies gonna ong
    Yes better than none damn you iPhone
    Please remind me why the ticket system is not a viable option.
    Because it's not a pokerstars tourney, it's an FTR tourney. It takes too much time and effort putting together a list of newly qualified applicants and taking off people that have fallen from Qualified status for FTR to be giving away their own money. The system we have is good, but needs tweaking. It's one of the things I am working on for the new year and will be fine.

There is probably an estimated 1000 qualified applicants with people falling off and getting in every month. Do you want to go over every persons posts and decide if they are considered qualified and make sure they get a ticket??
    if there was a ticket system it would be labour intensive , maintaining a register of screenames and then manually submitting them to stars for stars to then issue the tickets and still would require people to actually post "quality posts" to qualify not just some football predictions and moaning that you can't get access to the value added tourneys.
    edit ....ninja'd by the forum manager
    Not to mention that not everyone on FTR has the same name on Pokerstars meaning I'd also have to remember or record all player user ID's and pair them to FTR's usernames.
    Can I also mention that there were 19 runners I think in this tourney with first prize of over 100 bucks and 4th (me) got $30. Great value from a site that all you need to do is come here and discuss poker. Posting in the BC, tourney or Small stakes forums will help you get better, give you some friends to discuss poker with an hour or two a week and help you build the bankroll. It's a win win. Particularity for the freetrollers that want to get out of the loop of playing 5 hours at a time for nickels, actually build a significant tourney bankroll and play for some real money.

I'd be even willing to go as far as saying anyone who comes here, spends the month of January posting legitimate strat in the BC or tourney forum, tries to get better and is active as a member here, I will stake your $3.30 fee for this tournament in march and give you your qualified status. But I alone will decide if You are making an attempt to become a member and get better.
    Last edited by jyms; 01-01-2014 at 01:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerKing View Post
    Gab es hier jemals ein Deutsches forum? Hab ich nicht gewusst
    Kannst oben rechts das land auswählen. Früher war im Deutschen Forum noch was los, aber jetzt so gut wie tot.
    English over here please.... I also need to look into our spanish forum and moderator getting passwords, there was probably 6 or 8 from Portugal in that tourney and none of them have any posts anywhere but in one forum that is spanish and I can't tell what it's even about.

stay tuned.
    All right jyms, I understand what you're saying. I thought that you can just export the list of "qualified members" and send it to stars..

***edited by jyms, don't be starting bullshit here
    Last edited by jyms; 01-02-2014 at 03:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsuherby View Post
    Kannst oben rechts das land auswählen. Früher war im Deutschen Forum noch was los, aber jetzt so gut wie tot.
    Das habe ich nie bemerkt. Werde reinschauen, und vielleicht mitreden

You''re an idiot.
    many would agree , however we've been registered for roughly the same amount of time. Just look how many posts you could have made in that time if you'd actually got involved.FTR have this tournament to encourage people to get involved , to post hands , to stimulate discussion and help attract new members to the site which hopefully attracts new signups and drives revenue for the site via affiliate and ad income. You could have got involved , you chose not to. Instead you think its "cool" to insult people you disagree with.If you want the rewards you have to contribute and if you contribute you help FTR and should help your own game.
    Ninja'd by keith that time.

And he's bang on
    Keith, first of all, to help you get over it, I was never whining I'm not allowed to play a tournament. That is not the case, I was qualified, I was just asking why ftr doesn't switch to tickets for tournaments
    Second of all, and please hold down to your seat as this might come as a shock, FTR IS NOT THE ONLY POKER FORUM ON THE INTERNET and I am also not interested in increasing the company's revenue.
    Since you have so much free time and felt the urge to check my posts, I took the liberty to read some of your posts, just the last 2 pages ( I have a life ) and pardon my boldness, but I couldn't find 1 quality post among them. In my opinion you should not be a "qualified poster"mister Keith! You're stealing electrical power
    Last edited by kingmotan; 01-02-2014 at 04:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmotan View Post
    Keith, first of all, to help you get over it, I was never whining I'm not allowed to play a tournament. That is not the case, I was qualified, I was just asking why ftr doesn't switch to tickets for tournaments
    which was explained in my original response
    if there was a ticket system it would be labour intensive , maintaining a register of screenames and then manually submitting them to stars for stars to then issue the tickets and still would require people to actually post "quality posts" to qualify not just some football predictions and moaning that you can't get access to the value added tourneys.

the register of screennames i was talking about didn't explain it very well but it would have to link account names with poker site screenames which jyms explained in his reply at the same time and would be labour intensive and therefore costly (i.e needing to be paid for from advertising and affiliate income).
    Second of all, and please hold down to your seat as this might come as a shock, FTR IS NOT THE ONLY POKER FORUM ON THE INTERNET and I am also not interested in increasing the company's revenue.
    really?. If you have no interest in building FTR into a busier forum and increasing FTR revenues so that they can put more money back into added value tournaments why are you here?
    Since you have so much free time and felt the urge to check my posts, I took the liberty to read some of your posts, just the last 2 pages ( I have a life ) and pardon my boldness, but I couldn't find 1 quality post among them. In my opinion you should not be a "qualified poster"mister Keith! You're stealing electrical power
    so reporting a bug in the open face chinese application isn't quality and of value to FTR? along with numerous posts in the strategy threads.If you are posting in a thread about how to allow members into qualified members tournaments you'd be a bit stupid to not expect posting history to be looked at.
    read these threads and tell me that they aren't quality and protecting the interests of all poker players

http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...nt+info+ipoker

and the same info at 2+2

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28...layers-883575/

or how about my posts in this thread

http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...itan+poker+rep

i would be happy to see you show where you have posted to protect other FTR members from being fleeced by poker rooms in a similar manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmotan View Post
    FTR IS NOT THE ONLY POKER FORUM ON THE INTERNET and I am also not interested in increasing the company's revenue.
    This quote bothers me very much and am unsure at the moment how or what I am supposed to do about it. You have no idea why this should be important to you, do you?

And FWIW, Keith is an extremely valuable member. So much so, that I have recommended moving him to mod my old forum when I became Manager here. His quality in what he knows about other poker sites and willingness to share that info is awesome. He also has done some serious detective work finding scams and rip offs has helped us a ton.
    Hey Jyms, no need to be bothered, you should not take what I said as an offence to ftr as it wasn't meant to be one.
    My point is that I simply don't care how much ftr is making in 2014. More than 2013? Great! Maybe they will give more back to the players that rake in for them (i'm not one of them ) . Less than 2013? Oh well ... that's business

Would like to end it here, nothing positive will come out from this conversation.
    Keith, maybe I'll see you in the FTR game on fulltilt, I could use a double up right from the start
    My point is that if FTR doesn't make money, there is no FTR. This is not a charity.The moment the money stops, the forum ceases to exist and we have to go to 2P2 for our poker advice, and community. If you want anything out of FTR it requires you to care. It's like the 100's of lurkers we get everyday. They think they are learning from reading without being involved, but they are losing a shit tone of value. Making FTR better, making FTR earn money, makes our community grow. It's what we are involved in a forum for. There is strength in numbers, and is why almost all the guys playing mid/high stakes have a community or forum of poker players for years before realizing their winrate.