Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Skrill stopping transactions to gambling sites for Canadians Jan 2

Default Skrill stopping transactions to gambling sites for Canadians Jan 2

Email sauce posted on 2p2 today:

Dear Benjamin Sulsky,

We wanted to let you know that Skrill has reviewed its operations and will cease processing gambling payments in Canada. Payments to gambling merchants will no longer be processed from 2 January, with payments from merchants ceasing on 31 January.

Skrill will be notifying active gamblers next week and will also communicate this to its broader Canadian customer base. Please ensure you liaise with appropriate departments within your business to communicate this development and to articulate any impact across your organisation.

Skrill would like to thank you for your custom and remains committed to partnering with you to support your future business plans.

Best regards,

Skrill

Skrill | Help
    Son of a bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    Son of a bitch
    times a brazillian
    Some days it feels like I've been standing forever, waiting for the bank teller to return so I can cash in all these Sklansky Bucks.
    I requested a transfer limit increase on Skrill when it was still moneybookers. They were unsure about something regarding proof of residence, so they called me the next day half way across the globe to clear it up. I had probably made them ~$10 in transfer fees at that point.
    Good thing I don't have money anymore or I wouldn't know who I'd switch to.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    This sucks pretty bad.
    Noticed that FTP & Stars actually stopped processing Skrill Deposits on Dec.31st. (others > iPoker, PartyPoker, continued into the NewYear, stopping on the 2nd).
    I was using Skrill alot (for a recreational donk that is). I don't think I had a month with less than 10 transactions, usually ~20.

Managed to clean up a few small bankrolls in time (depositting to either meet withdrawal minimum or to get cashier active again on a site). Not sure what I'll be doing going forward here... maybe INSTADEBIT?
    Why Canada? Have their been any new Poker law in Canada recently, that made them take this route?
    The Time To Act Is Now...
    Good. Fuck Canada. Watch the Canadians apologize as they're told they can no longer transfer funds. Soory Soory Soory aboot that.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    boorish bigred and his americanitude
    Good. Fuck Canada. Watch the Canadians apologize as they're told they can no longer transfer funds. Soory Soory Soory aboot that.
    Hey, meant to tell you sorry that your lady friend likes ma D so much. Sorry!

Shallow, shallow, shallow, shallow, shallow, deep, shallow, shallow, shallow, shallow, deep, shallow, shallow, deep. She aboot woke up the neighbours with that. Said sorry to them later. Left her a cheque. Sorry about the puddle she left on the bed. Sorry!
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    aside from rush and bto has this country contributed anything meaningful to the world at large?
    I guess I am giving "ecoPayz" a try. As it is the only option I see to get my money off of Lock Poker. They dragged their feet for over 2 months on my Skrill withdrawal, and then send me an email in the New Year saying my request was deined. A bunch of knuckle heads over there..

Lockpoker support chat:

Live Help
    Mary
    and you were advised to withdraw
    Mary
    via Ecocard
    Mary
    sorry Ecopayz
    you
    I am looking into that as well
    you
    What are the terms/fees for check by courrier?
    you
    I could not find this information anywhere on the Lock site or client
    Mary
    this is not an option to you, check
    you
    why not?
    Mary
    it is not an option, but Ecopayz is
    you
    why is a withdrawal by check not an option?
    Mary
    it is not an option to you
    Mary
    unfortunately
    you
    I understand that it is not an option
    you
    WHY is it not an option?
    Mary
    it is not an option were you are located
    Mary
    ewallet is your only option
    Some days it feels like I've been standing forever, waiting for the bank teller to return so I can cash in all these Sklansky Bucks.
    it is not an option for you.
    to*
    This sucks now for me. I have a couple hundred in Skrill that I was going to put on stars.

Now I will have to jump through hoops to set up a new bank account and address verification I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by KoRnholio View Post
    I guess I am giving "ecoPayz" a try. As it is the only option I see to get my money off of Lock Poker. They dragged their feet for over 2 months on my Skrill withdrawal, and then send me an email in the New Year saying my request was deined. A bunch of knuckle heads over there..
    sorry to break this to you but you might as well kiss that Lock money goodbye so that if you do receive it, it comes as a pleasant surprise. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=1339. Lock cancelled a whole raft of skrilll withdrawals in the last month.

Lockpoker support chat:

Live Help
    Mary
    Mary
    via Ecocard
    Mary
    sorry Ecopayz
    you
    you
    you
    Mary
    you
    why not?
    Mary
    you
    Mary
    Mary
    unfortunately
    you
    you
    WHY is it not an option?
    Mary
    Mary
    In other words they are broke , why people still played there when they were taking 6months - 1year + on withdrawals even to people outside the usa is mind boggling !
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton View Post
    aside from rush and bto has this country contributed anything meaningful to the world at large?
    Uh, Baby Goose, {acronym Renton hates}
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton View Post
    Celine dion, shania twain, justin beiber? Those names ring a bell? How about Nickleback?

Checkmate.
    Celine dion, shania twain, justin beiber? Those names ring a bell? How about Nickleback?

Checkmate.
    Don't forget Bryan Adams.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Robin Thicke is at least 50%. So is Paulina Gretzky. Try to top that, merkins.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post

rite?
    James Naismith, the snowblower, Nanaimo bars, poutine, butter tarts teh walkie talkie, the telephone was invented in brantford ontario.
    canadarm. basketball. frozen ponds.
    Dildos, Elvis, Rayon, the colour red
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    James Naismith, the snowblower, Nanaimo bars, poutine, butter tarts teh walkie talkie, the telephone was invented in brantford ontario.
    canadarm. basketball. frozen ponds.
    Uhm......
    Uhm......
    Boorish Americans need the hand-holding
    Loonies.
    LOL OPERATIONS

WOOOSH

?wut
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    James Naismith,.

Nigga please this guy is as american as a bacon milkshake. He left canada for the u.s. like four minutes after his balls dropped.

Lockpoker support chat:

Live Help
    Mary
    Mary
    via Ecocard
    Mary
    sorry Ecopayz
    you
    you
    you
    Mary
    you
    why not?
    Mary
    you
    Mary
    Mary
    unfortunately
    you
    you
    WHY is it not an option?
    Mary
    Mary
    Good thing they're not wasting their money on educated support staff.

I too received that email telling me my Skrill withdrawal had been denied. (put in for it on Oct.3).
    I was wondering about that Ecopayz & if anyone had opened an account on there. Lock told me I could request WD by cheque but said that Ecopayz would be a better choice. Support staff I had was 'Emily Hope', lol. I wrote back telling her she had dashed all hope & she actually responded within the hour, LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    I was employed as Bryan Adams personal bodyguard many, many years ago. Highlite was working the Juno Awards. yay.
    I've opened an EcoPayz account, and upgraded to "silver" to allow for withdrawals by sending them a copy of a utility bill and driver's liscence. Requested a withdrawal by Lock to there. Will get back to you in 1-4 months once it sends..
    I've opened an EcoPayz account, and upgraded to "silver" to allow for withdrawals by sending them a copy of a utility bill and driver's liscence. Requested a withdrawal by Lock to there. Will get back to you in 1-4 years if it sends..
    FYP Lock thread exploded overtthe last couple of days when a 2+2 er tracked a real estate company run by jamie larson (lock run by Jen Larson) to the same owner as lock . as soon as it was revealed registrations were taken down , real estate webpage was taken down , linkin registrations were removed etc. Are these the actions of a coupany willing to pay out ?
    One week left for withdrawals via Skrill.
    Made a few WD's last night & actually had one go through in <6hrs. (Ladbrokes). That's a new record for me.
    Have another pending with ACR. Had to rake $70 on that site because of receiving a p2p transfer. I hate that site but knew I needed to play on there this month if I hoped to WD via Skrill. Cleared it last night (finally). Now waiting ..... (with fingers crossed obv.).
    Did a couple others ie. 888Poker < seriously what was I thinking when I made another deposit on there? It's not like I'm actually going to play on there.

Then went to make a WD from PartyPoker. When I went into cashier it still showed Skrill as a 'Deposit' option but when I clicked on the 'Withdrawal' tab there was no sign of it. Contacted LiveChat & they said Skrill is no longer available for Canadians. .... sigh
    I actually deposited on there on Jan.1st this year
    Thanks for the reminder, PO. I have money all over the place so it is time to condense and bail out completely on some sites while it is still somewhat easy to do.
    PokerStars and Fulltilt cashouts both hit my Skrill account instantly. Of the other 4 sites I requested a cashout from, only 1 even sent me a confirmation email so far...

Makes me wonder if rakeback and all that bonus chasing on the ghetto sites was worth it.
    Went to cash some out of my WPT account the other day to skrill to be told that i could only cash out to skrill if i'd made a deposit in the last 6 months . Fuck'n weird or what. Can cashout to paypal though or to a prepaid visa card they operate. look into the terms and conditions on that card and they disable you from using it to deposit to other gambling establishments.lol so no using it as a way to transfer between sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Went to cash some out of my WPT account the other day to skrill to be told that i could only cash out to skrill if i'd made a deposit in the last 6 months . Fuck'n weird or what. Can cashout to paypal though or to a prepaid visa card they operate. look into the terms and conditions on that card and they disable you from using it to deposit to other gambling establishments.lol so no using it as a way to transfer between sites.
    Party Poker have also always used that method, of not letting you withdraw unless you have deposited from that option within 6 months. It's annoying
    The Time To Act Is Now...