Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

[10NL] A8s in BB...multi-way pot.

Default [10NL] A8s in BB...multi-way pot.

UTG - 13/11/5 (3bet) over 57 hands. CB 100%, 4/4.

MP - Early indicators are that he looks fishy (big assumption). 50/0 over 6 hands.

PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $8.05
    BTN: $19.03
    SB: $9.22
    Hero (BB): $14.41
    UTG: $10.96
    MP: $5.11

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 8 A

UTG raises to $0.30, MP calls $0.30, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.95, 3 players) 7 7 2
    Hero checks, UTG checks, MP bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, UTG raises to $0.80, MP raises to $1.40, Hero ???

Not really sure what to do here at all? I flat the small bet because I want UTG to continue w/ the hand figuring he probably has broadway cards or maybe even an overpair some of the time...should I have just raised?

Once I call and UTG c/r and then MP 3bets I'm really not sure what to do. I think my 3 aces are good outs here a lot of the time and I have the NFD as well...get it in?
    Currently grinding live cash games. Life is good.
    I don't mind donking on the flop into two players here, esp since MP is a fish and we could conceivably donk with a lot of pairs here to isolate him.

As played, easy jam with his stacks. If it was deeper (100bb) I'd prob still jam but not loving it, since this type of player has a lot of 7x.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Quote Originally Posted by griffey24 View Post
    I don't mind donking on the flop into two players here, esp since MP is a fish and we could conceivably donk with a lot of pairs here to isolate him.

As played, easy jam with his stacks. If it was deeper (100bb) I'd prob still jam but not loving it, since this type of player has a lot of 7x.
    It sounds like you're not concerned w/ UTG's range at all which is what I was primarily worried about. Am I missing something?
    Currently grinding live cash games. Life is good.
    vs UTG's calling a jam range we flip it. what could he have? KQdd,KJdd, QJdd, TT-AA, 77, 22. it's a good spot to go AI on the flop
    All posts are just my own opinion about a hand or a general situation... not advices on how you should play...
    Yah not really caring about UTG's range. I mean, he has mostly pockets and we're flipping vs all pockets except AA. So I'm pretty fine to bet/3b if he raises our donk. Not to mention he might spazz bluff raise our donk, thinking "pfft I'm UTG, I have so many strong hands here that I can raise".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks