Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

100NL - 2 pair on flop facing c/r

Default 100NL - 2 pair on flop facing c/r

Villain is a 19/12 reg. C/r flop of 13% (17/133). 3bet versus BTN from BB is 11%.

Other villain is a fish.

Hero (BTN): $100.00
    SB: $100.00
    BB: $102.00
    UTG: $50.75
    UTG+1: $238.37
    UTG+2: $102.04
    MP: $177.82
    MP+1: $14.44
    CO: $79.64

SB posts SB $0.50, BB posts BB $1.00

Pre Flop: (pot: $1.50) Hero has 5 A

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $1.00, Hero raises to $4.00, fold, BB calls $3.00, CO calls $3.00

Flop: ($12.50, 3 players) 5 7 A
    BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $7.75, BB raises to $23.25, fold, Hero calls $15.50

Turn: ($59.00, 2 players) 3
    BB bets $37.20
    I think you can fold the turn
    what sort of fish is the other villain?
    it seems really unlikely that bb would check-raise a nutted hand here if co is a loose-station-fish = you can probably just go ahead and get it in on the flop
    Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    what sort of fish is the other villain?
    it seems really unlikely that bb would check-raise a nutted hand here if co is a loose-station-fish = you can probably just go ahead and get it in on the flop
    The other villain was a calling station.

If you feel like the reg's range is weighted towards bluffs or weak value hands, then why try to get it in on the flop?

Quote Originally Posted by Micro2Macro View Post
    I think you can fold the turn
    I think so too. I felt like on the flop there was a decent enough chance he could be bluffing, but on the turn he probably wouldn't continue with his bluffs.
    Don't think I'd ever fold, he plays AK like this sometimes.
    if he had trips he would slow play with a board like this. think u got him beat, but ull have to shove them in . trip 7s is unlikly. or he would off shoved.
    also y call the raise,then fold after the turn u cant ask for a better turn card. get them in
    I reraise in flop. As played, ship after the bet of him in turn. Youra range could crush some of his range as Awith great kicker or 68,89 may be
    Calling the turn, and I miiiiiiight be able to find a river fold, but realistically probably not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Quote Originally Posted by joker131 View Post
    also y call the raise,then fold after the turn u cant ask for a better turn card. get them in
    Flop is a really good bluff spot for villain, but to follow up the bluff on the turn is less likely. However, OP's rep range has a lot of Ax and villain might be doing this for value with a AK/AQ type of hand. I don't see him playing the nuts like this that often, seeing that fish is also involved on the flop.

The fact that there is some bluffs in villains range + He could be playing a weaker hand for value AND i think that he would play his nuts different on the flop a high percentage of the time makes me want to get it in/call this down.
    Don't think I'm getting away from this, if he flopped a set or better 2pr just unlucky I guess (but I don't play much at 100NL).
    There aren't as much set combo's in his range as you have 2 blockers and I think he isn't showing A7s that often ,so I'd probably go broke here.
    He maybe could turn 64s into a semi bluff but I don't know how wide his callingrange on BB is.
    Have you any idea what this guy sees your button stats as? Are you regularly iso'ing the limpdonkey from the button and CO? Seems like a great bluffing spot for bb. If he has a set I expect him to call more often than raise while fishybollocks is still in the pot. I just don't see us being beaten here nearly often enough to fold. But lol I've never played a hand at these stakes, so I know shit all here.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong