Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumAll Other Poker/Live Poker

$10 PLO - A few hands for review

Default $10 PLO - A few hands for review

I don't know if I could play these hands differently. Should I fold AA every time I miss a set? I had to fold them on the flop so many times that they just seem to be useless to me unless I am seeking for a set hunt. Their value just decreases in multiway pots, and it is almost impossible to isolate people. I should have also folded Hands 3-4.

HAND 1

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($9.70)
    CO ($10.10)
    Button ($10)
    SB ($2.15)
    Hero (BB) ($11.35)
    UTG ($8.85)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, K, 6, J
    1 fold, MP calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.30) 9, 7, J (3 players)
    SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, MP calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.20) J (3 players)
    SB bets $1.15, Hero folds, 1 fold

Total pot: $1.20 | Rake: $0.05

HAND 2

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($6.60)
    MP ($9.95)
    CO ($10)
    Button ($3.20)
    Hero (SB) ($10.80)
    BB ($11.40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 10, A, 2
    UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, 1 fold, Button calls $0.10, Hero bets $0.60, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.50) J, 4, 4 (4 players)
    Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Button checks

Turn: ($2.50) Q (4 players)
    Hero bets $0.80, UTG calls $0.80, 2 folds

River: ($4.10) 4 (2 players)
    Hero checks, UTG bets $3.90, Hero folds

Total pot: $4.10 | Rake: $0.20

HAND 3

CO ($6.45)
    Button ($14.55)
    SB ($10)
    Hero (BB) ($10.75)
    UTG ($15.70)
    MP ($9.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, A, K, A
    UTG bets $0.35, 2 folds, Button calls $0.35, SB calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.75, 1 fold, Button calls $1.40, 1 fold

Flop: ($4.20) K, 10, 3 (2 players)
    Hero bets $4, Button raises to $9.30, Hero calls $5 (All-In)

Turn: ($22.20) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($22.20) 7 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $22.20 | Rake: $1.10

HAND 4

BB ($7.20)
    UTG ($5.60)
    MP ($9.90)
    CO ($8.60)
    Button ($23.45)
    Hero (SB) ($15.35)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A, 5, K
    UTG calls $0.10, 1 fold, CO bets $0.45, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.55, 2 folds, CO calls $1.10

Flop: ($3.30) 10, 9, 7 (2 players)
    Hero checks, CO bets $2.20, Hero raises to $9.75, CO calls $4.85 (All-In)

Turn: ($17.40) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($17.40) J (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $17.40 | Rake: $0.85
    call
    bet/fold river
    not much else you can do once you 3bet PF
    I'd c/f flop
    1) I call all day
    2) You didn't just miss your AA here, you also missed your flush draw, and TP. I might not always raise here pre, if it's a weak table that's never betting me off the top hand then I raise all day, but it's basically AA + 1 flush draw.
    3) did you run your equity? I wouldn't be surprised if getting it in was +eV
    4) Again, run your equity. Without a good read why would you stack off here?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    thanks for the comments. I'd like to run the equity against a range of hands. Is there a software to do that? I found some on the web but, you can run the equity only against a specific hand, not a range.
    ya that's one of the reasons PLO is a tougher game
    Hand 1 fold flop, I guess call turn as played, if you wanted to just hit a Q, which may only get you half or even free rolled, super fold flop. I could maybe see floating HU but 3 way on this board fold

Hand 2 I would bet/fold flop and then as played river also.

Hand 3 I take a flop unless you have reason to think people will be 4 betting weaker pair hands. You are in a good spot to CR flop. But this is a better 3 bet than hand 4.

Hand 4 I hate the 3 bet, flop it seems like you know is horrible. To feel better about folding, run your equity vs a hand you 'beat' like KT64.

These hands are why I would say never to 3 bet until you get much deeper into the game. You aren't a big favorite pre so you are not gaining as much of an edge like you would in HE when more money goes in. Then you spew chips off post making their calls even better and your 3 bets even worse. I still haven't found many good reasons to 3 bet AA.
    Thanks for the comments doc. I know I played hand 4 horribly. It should have been a snap fold on the flop but, his bet sizing looked like he was drawing into something. I know even if he was drawing he would probably be ahead, idk the equity would be something like 40/60. I just don't understand why he doesn't pot the flop if he had something real.

It also seems to me that I am value towning "myself" by 3betting these type of AA pre. Unless it is double suited or both of the other two cards has straight drawing possibility like K,Q,J, and T variations, I am not going to 3bet with them pre.
    i don't mind 3betting AA if:
    -there is a short stack who has raised/called a raise and i want to get it in against this persons range (this all depends on SPRs for me, if i can psb enough for them to have to shove, and i think my AAxx hand is +ev against their shoving range, i'll go for it)
    i am in position against terrible players who i can either flop top set or NFD/pair/straight draw etc combos against and they play bad post flop (stack off with weak hands/draw to non-nut hands) also i like doing this because my hand has more equity than theirs, we have positional advantage and probably play better than them postflop anyway, sounds +ev to me.

i dont like raising AAxx from early positions because we cannot really continue on many flops that dont contain an ace. and betting any non-ace flops is typically just value-towning ourselves, or building the pot for villain to steal from us when we check unimproved turns/rivers and obviously cannot call a bet.

all that said, i'm about as new to this game as anyone else in this forum and quite probablly suck.