Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

AT - flop tptk, snap off vs jam?

Default AT - flop tptk, snap off vs jam?

villain is 19-13-5 and doesn't fold to cbets (normally calls though) over small sample; I think he's reg but he seems spew-ridden and i've stacked him twice this session at another table cos value-betting. He's pretty much calling all my preflop raises now when he has position and isn't folding much.
    I wanted to snap this off but i managed to pause a couple of seconds before making a decision

$0.50/$1 No Limit Holdem
    5 Players
    Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
    UTG ($98.15) 98bb
    CO ($131.10) 131bb
    BTN ($116.60) 117bb
    daven (SB) ($100) 100bb
    BB ($65) 65bb

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 5 players) daven is SB
    3 folds, daven raises to $3, BB calls $2

Flop: ($6, 2 players)
    daven bets $4.20, BB goes all-in $62,
    Interesting that he decided to shove here when he'd been calling. I think he has plenty of draws and overcards with very few overpairs in his range and some sets & two pair that makes calling ok here however I'd be slightly confused by him shoving.
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    There are a lot of ways to rationalize calling here. You'd have bet bet bet him anyway, this is a hand you're happy putting in 60bb with, etc. etc.
    I'd call this for sure, but I think its probably pretty close. They just have T7 or KK or something here so so much of the time. I think i'd fold if his stack were a bit more than this.
    I'm snap calling this in a blind battle 65bb deep with a possibly tilting reg.
    Tough situation and to be honest I am struggling to work out where you should go from here. I can see the justification for calling but it is anything but clearcut. Be interested to hear how this one ended up.
    Scottish Cowboy
    Easy call imo, and I'm pretty happy about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    i'd call but folding this session due to your history
    All posts are just my own opinion about a hand or a general situation... not advices on how you should play...
    cheers, i was pretty happy when i called and he flipped a couple of overs. Then i thought it was worth checking that my call wasn't just fish-tilt being positively reinforced by results.
    I don´t know very well , fold is better i guess without status
    Quote Originally Posted by Razvan729 View Post
    i'd call but folding this session due to your history
    Considering that OP is playing multi-tables with this guy and seems to have gotten into his head, I would have to call because of the tilt factor. Can you give me some insight on why you would fold due to it?
    daven got him twice by value so his image is good.villain now chasing IP/ this hand is OOP and there are lots of cards that would stop daven from giving money w/ his Tx/overpairs by turn/river so i thought villain shoves for value vs these.
    but i was wrong.
    All posts are just my own opinion about a hand or a general situation... not advices on how you should play...