Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

FTR $3.30: levelled myself into a bad fold?

Default FTR $3.30: levelled myself into a bad fold?

The plan here was to 3bet/call vs a jam from the original raiser. The cold call from btn completely flummoxed me though given stacks and I figured he must be very strong, making this a fold.

Thoughts on btns range? Are we too short to even contemplate folding after 3betting? What's the plan if we get cold 4bet jammed behind?

First or second hand at the table and no history with UTG1 or BTN.

MP1 (t4,502)
    Hero (MP2) (t5,514)
    CO (t5,695)
    Button (t5,562)
    SB (t5,694)
    BB (t3,615)
    UTG (t3,810)
    UTG+1 (t4,731)

Hero's M: 18.38

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 10, 10
    1 fold, UTG+1 bets t400, 1 fold, Hero raises t911, 1 fold, Button calls t911, 2 folds, UTG+1 raises t4,331 (All-In)
    I think the 3bet sizing is what makes this such a tough decision. So many hands can still call from IP. If I was button I might call with 89s+ and some smaller PP's here sometimes looking to play 3 ways. Buttons range is pretty wide vs a 3bet against an UTG open.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bean Counter View Post
    Thoughts on btns range? Are we too short to even contemplate folding after 3betting?
    We're not too short to fold if you can narrow one of their ranges THAT much. I don't know how you can possibly do that, though. I would probably just get it in.

Where did the blinds and antes go for this hand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!
    I think utg+1 can profitably 4 bet shove real wide with all the dead money.
    So I would have snapped TT here in this spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    I think the 3bet sizing is what makes this such a tough decision. So many hands can still call from IP. If I was button I might call with 89s+ and some smaller PP's here sometimes looking to play 3 ways. Buttons range is pretty wide vs a 3bet against an UTG open.
    i am not sure you should have a cold 3bet call range with < 30 BBs but I feel it should not be many hands and should have 0 small PPs. How is it good if the pot is 3k and we have 4500 behind 3 way with 55? That is the best case.

anyway readless I'm happy to fold OP. if UTG1 has reason to think BU is a clown then it's an easy jam. i also like flatting pre and hoping to get weak squeeze, stacks are all set up behind.
    I don't think it's that bad a fold because we're not closing the action. Consider the stack sizes also, our jam might price BTN into calling since he has both of us covered. Although, we might be a bit frustrated if BTN folds too since it is a snap call if we were closing the action.

You're also not too short to 3-bet fold either. At 18 M, you have room for this, but that's about it once you fold.