Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

What do you think about being the THIRD ALL-IN?

Default What do you think about being the THIRD ALL-IN?

I have this call-it a hung-up, a theory whatever it is, that basically I avoid being the third person going all-in - MOST OF THE TIME.

In most circumstances - I have the assumption that at least one - and perhaps both have a hand that is at least closely comparable to my hand.
    Of course - I can triple-up, but the chances, to get knocked out of the the game in my opinion basically most of the time are not worth the risk.

This does not apply if I am very short - or huge stack.

And here is an example (true it is results I am unhappy about). I did go AGAINST my general rule, and did get in as a third person in the game. I had a decent stack. It was a real sweet game - The FTR $600 added on PartyPoker.
    And - when cards were turned - here I was thinking - WOW - maybe being third in is not a bad thing after all...
    BUT....
    Attached Images
    What was the action preflop?
    I did 3xBB, the other 2 guys went all-in - then was my turn

I'm not particularly proud of the call I made... it was a bit on a

"Darn - I have to try this"

But curious - if anyone has a general "hung-up" like I do about being third person in.
    Again it is not a hard and fast rule (I guess nothing really is) but it is a situation I prefer to stay out of.
    Last edited by vegasjj; 04-24-2013 at 06:03 PM.
    What range do you put the two other players on?

Don't just think about being the 3rd all in as a vague concept where one time you called with JJ and were right but "normally" you call and find yourself "behind" (which may still be a profitable call.
    Yea pretty vague. I love being the 3rd all-in with AA or KK. I guess depends on your hand of course you need a good hand to call two all-ins.
    QQ+. AK

And the hand in that picture, I don't think I could fold JJ in that situation unless that the other guys were super nits.
    I was the AKo in SB, so 'yah', I'd be calling for sure there
    (at least pretty certain I was)
    JJ = omg hate jacks , but its good you have rules like not being 3rd allin. it means you are trying to be consistant !!
    Last edited by steelsatin; 05-12-2013 at 06:38 AM.