Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

$20 on pstars

Default $20 on pstars

well I decided to take all my money out of my previous site and a good friend of mine is giving me $20 to start on pstars since my parents are gay and wont let me use their cc :P

Since i dont like the low level rings (mainly because I lack the patience to camp on big hands, I like to screw around with people often, but most of the time the penny table fishies arent even aware of me, just their cards)... so... whats the best way to make my $20 a real bankroll?

$1 MTT's? Gamble it up and play $5 sngs? just try my luck at ring games?

PS: feel free to donate me some money to start my bankroll heh :P

Any help appreciated.

-Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by soupie
    That is the beauty of poker, it doesnt matter how they play, you can always devise the perfect defense and counterpunch hard.
    DoGGz Guest
    With only 20$ and not playing low stakes you just gotta gamble. Whatever you can play best go play.
    since my parents are gay and wont let me use their cc
    Really? Are they both gay?

No, seriously if you don´t wanna go bust i think you should try to be patient an build it up at the low levels. $5 SNGs? What will you do after your third finish in a row out of the money? Since your parents are gay and I doubt that you have an unlimited amount of friends giving you money for nothing I think you should be cautious with the bankroll you´ve got.
    Unless you want to gamble, I think you are stuck with playing the micro-stakes ring games (I'm guessing they don't have $1 SNG's on p'stars). Try playing 3-4 tables at once to avoid boredom.
    I agree grind it out at the micros. If you absolutely can't play micro's, I sit in a NL room and wait for AA and push all in and pray for a caller.

Better yet, hold onto the money, play some micro while you get a neteller account. Get a checking account in the bank, make a deposit into the checking account and move it to neteller. Even if you have to save your lunch money for a couple of weeks or whatever. If you want to build a bankroll and are serious about it, you're going to need an efficient way of moving money around the net sooner or later anyway.
    If you get a (free) Neteller account you could also just move that $20 to a site like UB which has $1 SNG's and build your BR there. (there might be a min deposit/withdrawal of $25 though)
    Play the 0.02/0.04NL stakes at pokerstars, baby turtles anus is the way at those stakes. With good play, that 20$ can be over 200 in a month or two.
    {Moved from the community}

-'rilla
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>