Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

$.50/1 Your play?

Default $.50/1 Your play?

------HAND 2------
    Game #962407673: Texas Hold'em No Limit ($0.50/$1) - 2005/08/30 - 00:57:15 (UK)
    Table "Sumter" Seat 3 is the button.
    Seat 1: Gotccha ($72.99 in chips)
    Seat 2: missyfoxx ($25.75 in chips)
    Seat 3: Moody ($107.50 in chips)
    Seat 4: middy ($70.75 in chips)
    Seat 5: Fishman30 ($125.50 in chips)
    Seat 6: Smiffy44 ($105.25 in chips)
    middy: posts small blind $0.50
    Fishman30: posts big blind $1
    ----- HOLE CARDS -----
    dealt to Smiffy44 [Kc Kd]
    Smiffy44: raises to $3
    Gotccha: folds
    missyfoxx: folds
    Moody: calls $3
    middy: raises to $6
    Fishman30: folds
    Smiffy44: raises to $12
    Moody: folds
    middy: calls $6
    ----- FLOP ----- [Ad As Td]
    middy: bets $58.75 and is all-in
    Smiffy44: folds
    Returned uncalled bets $58.75 to middy
    middy: doesn't show hand
    middy collected $26.75 from Main pot
    ----- SUMMARY -----
    Total pot $28 Main pot $26.75 Rake $1.25
    Board [Ad As Td]
    Seat 1: Gotccha folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 2: missyfoxx folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 3: Moody (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: Fishman30 (big blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: Smiffy44 folded on the Flop

No real read on villain (wasn't paying enough attention). I really couldn't bring myself to. Afterwards, someone else said they folded AQ (!) which didn't make me feel much better. I still believe middy had the case A. Only a lunatic would do that without? QQ flashed through my mind. but I still don't see it.

Edit: God, I really should have called this, in hindsight...if he had the ace, why did he push so hard? worried about diamond draw heads up? Some people at this level call a re-reraise with QQ, I guess
    Edit 2: No, I shouldn't

Undecided still.
    you don't have much in the pot so fold, idk how those limits play but if he was an aggressive player i could see him repping an ace here. I think if he is decently smart 1010 could make this play.
    I was also thinking TT makes this play. Anyone with an ace instacalls and gets raped. It was probably just a stone bluff. They were just as likely to have 73o.
    It's not what's inside that counts. Have you seen what's inside?
    Internal organs. And they're getting uglier by the minute.
    He's either got it, or he's not afraid of it, or he's full of it.
    Reads. Reads. Reads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rondavu
    I was also thinking TT makes this play. Anyone with an ace instacalls and gets raped. It was probably just a stone bluff. They were just as likely to have 73o.
    would you have called then, or not? Minus a read? He raised, and called a re-reraise, but obviously there's no chance he had AA.

I was thinking AK may make the play if he'd just had a bad beat/on tilt and just wanted to get his chips in without having to worry about even the remotest chance of a draw.
    The general thought is if the board is beating you, and the pot isn't worth it, then wait for a better opportunity.
    It's not what's inside that counts. Have you seen what's inside?
    Internal organs. And they're getting uglier by the minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by pantherhound
    Quote Originally Posted by Rondavu
    would you have called then, or not? Minus a read? He raised, and called a re-reraise, but obviously there's no chance he had AA.

I was thinking AK may make the play if he'd just had a bad beat/on tilt and just wanted to get his chips in without having to worry about even the remotest chance of a draw.
    Prior to talking to another player, you had no idea if he had AA or not, and he was clearly representing AA pre-flop. His bet on the flop was somewhat psychotic, but with no read, I think you were right to fold the hand. Personally I don't play with what I should have done in the past. It'll screw ya every time. ie you are dealt 72o, fold it and the flop comes 772, will you play 72o next time? Probably not. You made the right play with the info you had at the time, do that consistently and you will win in the long run.
    i meant he obviously didn't have AA after his all in on the flop. My re-reraise preflop was naturally to test for AA (and isolate the other player)
    His betting pattern is ridiculous. I've seen AKo played like that pre-flop, and he might have guessed you for KK/QQ, but his flop bet is still psychotic. My best guess was that it was a steal attempt from the beginning, or he was overplaying QQ and wanted you out badly.

Have you looked back at other hands he has been involved in to discern a pattern to his behavior? At least then you could slap a note on the guy and relieve him of some chips later.

Either way, probably still a good fold, Ax had you beat as well as TT
    Don’t kick yourself over it. TT kills you and any A beats you handily. Fold it. You don’t have much in the pot to loose but once you call you can loose a lot. Minimizing your loses is as important as maximizing your winnings.
    Stakes: Playing $0.10/$0.25 NL
    TT for me.
    Why call here for a crappy little pot with what is possible 3rd best hand?
    Its definatly tough but i wouldnt make the call because the pot is just too small.