Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

Time For A Review..

acgibson Guest

Default Time For A Review..

ok its been awhile since i first posted here so i figure its about time for a review from the pros. hehe.. i finally decided to get serious about playing close to 3 months ago and ive done quite well. i deposited $25 on PS about 3 months ago with the idea that this is the last deposit ill make.Through lots of reading and about 30,000 hands i think im doin pretty good id like opinions and lots of criticism because i know i have some leaks but for some reason when someone else tells me i seem to listen.lol so heres my graph and details

personally i'd prefer to be 18/12 than 24/12. Cuts down on marginal spots which include great opportunities for hard and crap decisions.

What happened around hand 22k, what did you change?

Also what happened around hand 30k?
    acgibson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWicket
    personally i'd prefer to be 18/12 than 24/12. Cuts down on marginal spots which include great opportunities for hard and crap decisions.

What happened around hand 22k, what did you change?

Also what happened around hand 30k?
    yes i cleared my original bonus which was 50 plus i got a 50% on me reload of 50. so $75 total in bonus which put me up to .05/.10 and i hit a great run. i was playing about 6-10 tables and seeing 1000 hands per session. what do you mean 18/12? i just got PT up and running again i was having some problems and it wasnt running i just saved my Hand Histories and imported them in my new computer. at 30k i "rewarded" myself and played one session at 100nl and did great then i dropped back down but i just wanted to give it a shot. but yea whats 18/12? and how does that affect my game?
    woah, i made a really long response and i don't know what happened to it...crap.

well, the two images you linked aren't that helpful. instead, post "General" and "Position" (especially position).

stats to include in your general are VPIP, PFR, attempt to steal, WTSD, W$SD, fold to PF 3b, fold to steal (BB and SB), cbet flop and fold to flop cbet, AF and AFq. these are all gonna be a lot more helpful then check/raise total, for example.

all that being said, don't get too cocky! 24/12 (voluntarily participating in the pot 24 percent of time while raising preflop 12 percent of the time) is not going to win you much past 5nl.

btw, do you play fulll ring or 6max?
    vpip and pfr
    how many hands you much money in and how many you raise when you enter a pot. if your playing 6 max then ignore everything else i say.

basically your playing 24% of hands and raising 12%. This is loose and aggressive and probably at 10nl means with your 6-10 tabling is too much. Others may argue differently but i think you are making the game too complicated for yourself. Which leads to more mistakes and most 10c players have plenty of them already (including myself). Which is why i suggest calling less preflop.
    acgibson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by surviva316
    woah, i made a really long response and i don't know what happened to it...crap.

well, the two images you linked aren't that helpful. instead, post "General" and "Position" (especially position).

stats to include in your general are VPIP, PFR, attempt to steal, WTSD, W$SD, fold to PF 3b, fold to steal (BB and SB), cbet flop and fold to flop cbet, AF and AFq. these are all gonna be a lot more helpful then check/raise total, for example.

all that being said, don't get too cocky! 24/12 (voluntarily participating in the pot 24 percent of time while raising preflop 12 percent of the time) is not going to win you much past 5nl.

btw, do you play fulll ring or 6max?
    i play fullring. and this also has 4 or 5 months of learning as well . now im seeing the flop about 12-15% and like i said i didnt have PT so i was going by stats in PS. and i will re-post the info ur asking 4. thanks for the help!
    acgibson Guest

Step 1: Play 20k hands of 2nl and report back with stats again.
    Step 2: Don't play higher than 2nl.
    Step 3: Tighten up in early position. You shouldn't be playing close to the same ranges from each position (as you currently are).
    Step 4: Don't block the names of play money tables in your images.

Edit: Also there's an extra space in your signature before the [/img], if you take that out then it will work properly. Good luck!
    Add 'hands played' stat to general as well.

WTSD% seems high and W$SD seems low...showing down too many week hands?
    acgibson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow

Step 1: Play 20k hands of 2nl and report back with stats again.
    Step 2: Don't play higher than 2nl.
    Step 3: Tighten up in early position. You shouldn't be playing close to the same ranges from each position (as you currently are).
    Step 4: Don't block the names of play money tables in your images.

Edit: Also there's an extra space in your signature before the [/img], if you take that out then it will work properly. Good luck!
    ok. thanks alot i actually cashed all the money out except $15 which was last week and i have $55 now from 2nl only. how much tighter should i be playing from early position? what sort of hands should i not be playing that i am? i really need the advice because i thought i played pretty tight from early. What about the blinds? i show my biggest losses there so how can i correct that? oh and i was playing a 1.10 tourney in that picture its not play money lol thanks for all the help guys its much appreciated!!!
    acgibson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nonofyobiz
    Add 'hands played' stat to general as well.

WTSD% seems high and W$SD seems low...showing down too many week hands?
    maybe.lol i dont know. how would i check? i mean few and far between by my memory but my definition of a weak hand and yours could be 2 different things.
    Definition of a weak hand has nothing to do with what they mean to you, me or whoever. A full house could be a weak hand. Top pair no kicker could be a strong hand. Think about it.

(Hint: Ask Spoonitnow on IRC, I hear he loves to discuss the topic with us noobies)
    acgibson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobbatino
    Definition of a weak hand has nothing to do with what they mean to you, me or whoever. A full house could be a weak hand. Top pair no kicker could be a strong hand. Think about it.

(Hint: Ask Spoonitnow on IRC, I hear he loves to discuss the topic with us noobies)
    thanks will do!