Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

In CO against aggro-monkey with TT

Default In CO against aggro-monkey with TT

This table was nitting up with the exception of MP1 (39/37/3 over 46 hands). UTG+1 was very rock-like and folded easily to aggression...I honestly did not expect him to come along.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($10.15)
    UTG+1 ($11.35)
    MP1 ($7.85)
    MP2 ($4.40)
    Hero (CO) ($9.85)
    Button ($10)
    SB ($10.40)
    BB ($12.75)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 10, 10
    UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.10, MP1 bets $0.20, 1 fold, Hero raises $0.80, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.70, MP1 calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.65) Q, 10, A (3 players)
    UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets $1.20, Hero ?????
    Who can guess what image I'm about to link to?
    @spoon I reckon you should find a good power rangers image and pun that shit up.
    Spoon, that's like saying to the guy who asks how to build a house:

"You do it by building a house".

The point is, I don't know how to put opps on a range well. I have less than 20,000 hands under my belt playing NL cash. I want to discuss the range, you fuckknob.
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyLaRue
    The point is, I don't know how to put opps on a range well. I have less than 20,000 hands under my belt playing NL cash. I want to discuss the range.....
    If you want to discuss the range, you should start the range conversation. Do your best, then ask for feedback.
    Explain...what I do for a living without saying "I make monies in da 600 enels by pwnin' tha donk bitches". Instead I say "I'm a online financial redistribution broker". - Sasquach991
    Raise It Up !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lukem1990uk
    Raise It Up !!!
    FYI lukem - The mods and everone else here, hate mindless comments like this. It looks like you're only trying to get your post # up. Try thinking about poker, then commenting on the topic.
    Explain...what I do for a living without saying "I make monies in da 600 enels by pwnin' tha donk bitches". Instead I say "I'm a online financial redistribution broker". - Sasquach991
    Canada; the country all tucked away down there...
    After Flop action:
    UTG is a rock? Possibly 44-QQ, AQ, AK, I suppose KK and AA b/c it happens (the open limp)
    MP1:K9+, A7+, TT+, QT+, JT: might be other stuff I'm missing but thats it quick

I would suggest raising, something along the lines of $3.50 - $4 for an easy turn shove. You might lose but he has so many A's and draws that it should be profitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayToWin
    Raise It Up !!!
    FYI lukem - The mods and everone else here, hate mindless comments like this. It looks like you're only trying to get your post # up. Try thinking about poker, then commenting on the topic.
    You got it all wrong he asked what i would do i was giving him my opinion i would personally raise it up.

Why would i do pointless posts to get my posts up thats just sad.
    This is such an easy raise, you're only scared of QQ, AA, and JK. QQ and AA would 4bet you a decent amount, so those are discounted. Given that this is 10NL, I'm guessing he's calling with most of his pair + GS type hands, so raise is the clear play here.
    You got it all wrong he asked what i would do i was giving him my opinion i would personally raise it up.
    Fair enough, but it would be better to give your thought process, reasons why you think raising is the best play, how much to raise, what action you anticipate on the Turn and River, etc. as others have done. Anything more than your short answer is appreciated.

*sorry to hijack this thread. I'm done.

Then discuss the range, nobody's stopping you. You aren't going to get better at this by continuing to not put people on ranges.
    ^^^I lol'd^^^
    Also maybe you should come to IRC more often and work on your game so we don't have this type of problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow
    Then discuss the range, nobody's stopping you. You aren't going to get better at this by continuing to not put people on ranges.
    Why would you assume I'm not trying to put these opps on ranges while in the hand? I didn't post my thoughts because I'm trying to get clean opinions on this hand initially but it doesn't mean I'm not putting people on ranges.

That was pretty funny though.
    If UTG+1 is pretty straightforward and rock-like hes pretty unlikely to limp/coldcall anything preflop that even connects with that board (except maaaaaybe TT which he cant have here anyway). Id guess he has something like 88 and thinks he needs 8:1 to sethunt.
    MP1s range is so wide he can have any of the 2pairs or pair + straight draws aswell as weak Ax and hes stacking with a lot of his range. IF UTG does go mental then the chance he played some random crap that flopped 2 pair in a weird and wacky way has to be at least as big as the chance he played AA in a weird and wacky way.
    gabe: Ive dropped almost 100k in the past 35 days.

bigspenda73: But how much did you win?
    Face. Fucking. Palm.
    Why would you assume I'm not trying to put these opps on ranges while in the hand?
    Because of your inability to perform range analysis in a thread.
    Face. Fucking. Palm.
    ?

Why would you assume I'm not trying to put these opps on ranges while in the hand?
    It's unwillingness, Spoon. I learn by observation initially, then by trial and error.

You made your point. Get over yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelion
    Face. Fucking. Palm.
    ?
    That wasn't directed at you. Sorry if there was confusion.

It's unwillingness, Spoon. I learn by observation initially, then by trial and error.

You made your point. Get over yourself.
    Why so lazy? I mean, maybe it's easier to go through the motions and hope to get better than to put the actual work in.

I guess you can lead a horse to water but you can't make the mother fucker drink.

I swear it's like handing someone the blueprints to build a money-making machine and they piss and moan because you didn't build it for them.
    Ok no problem.

i feel like i'm walking through an angry redwood forrest there's so much cock waving going on here.

if you want to know what to do, raise.

if you want to have a range be given to you, pelion did it.

if you want to offer your own analysis and have people critique it and get better by it........
    Ok, thanks for all of the opinions.

I might continue to post some what-would-you-do scenarios like this without adding my own analysis beyond initial reads. It would be great if I didn't get jumped on if I do. Maybe just ignore those threads, Spoon. It's not lazy and I'm not asking others to do work for me, because I'm not always looking to correct my thought process. What I'm looking for is entirely original ideas, of looking at the hand in different ways than I do in my inexperience. And I'll say, huh, that's an interesting way of looking at things I wouldn't have considered and dive into that line of thinking with the poster. If I post thorough analysis of the flop decision on this hand, I'm kicking off the thread in a certain direction. It becomes about correcting my shitty analysis, and that's not necessarily what I wanted here.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayToWin
    Fair enough, but it would be better to give your thought process, reasons why you think raising is the best play, how much to raise, what action you anticipate on the Turn and River, etc. as others have done. Anything more than your short answer is appreciated.

*sorry to hijack this thread. I'm done.
    My bad in future i will put more detail into my posts as you can see i am a forum noob but i will try :P
    acgibson Guest

Default Re: In CO against aggro-monkey with TT

ok let me see if i can do this right.

pre-flop: since its a nit table. i would say UTG+1 has a range of small-medium PP up to AJ and MP1 has a range of anything.lol idk what to do about that but lets see the flop

flop: UTG+1 checks which doesnt say shit, MP1 bets less than half the pot which tell me from a 39/37 that hes either value betting and 2-pair or pair+ draw so i would raise to around 3 - 3.25 and see what happens from there. but if u stove ur hand vs. his range ur crushing him about 85% to 15% so get it in on the turn and pray he didnt flop a monster and if he did hope the board pairs!

so what happen? can u post the rest of the hand?