Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

small problems

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    UTG is loose , his range is any suited connectors, 22+ and Kxs...
    CO is tight and the kind of player that small raises AKs, AA, like 2-3 bb....
    on turn i have a made full, CO cant be having K6 or K4, he wouldnt be playing that... so he is on AK or KQ, KJ... so to beat me he has 3 outs for his second card and 3 outs for the 6... that makes 6 outs, wich gives me 88% favourite...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($2)
    BB ($2.09)
    UTG ($1.80)
    MP1 ($0.75)
    MP2 ($2)
    CO ($4.46)
    Hero (Button) ($3.06)

Preflop: Hero is Button with ,
    UTG calls $0.02, 2 folds, CO bets $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.02

Flop: ($0.15) , , (3 players)
    UTG checks, CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.15) (3 players)
    UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.08, UTG calls $0.08, CO raises to $0.24, Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, CO raises to $0.56

hero calls , all in or fold?
    Snap all in against all his trip K's. Why do you even ask if you are a 88% favorite and you think he will call your all-in? Or if you think he won't call an all-in, just keep raising smaller, whatever you think is best to get all your money in the pot.

A tiny % of the time he will hit his 3 outer or have KK, but so what?

His raise size to $0.56 is ridiculous, he might do that because he is wary of your raise, so don't go all in yet, raise smaller or even just call if you think he won't call a further raise.
    Last edited by daviddem; 11-29-2010 at 12:51 AM.
    Virginity is like a bubble: one prick and it's all gone
    Ignoranus (n): A person who is stupid AND an assh*le
    I'd just shove. He might have us beat, but there's only three combos of 66, and one combo of KK. Compare that to eight combos of AK and we have him beat twice as often as we lose against a range of 66/KK/AK. If we think he might be capable of folding AK to a raise, then just call, but I doubt anyone folds AK to a shove at 2nl in this spot. If your read about CO being tight is accurate, then he has K4 and K6 never. I guess sometimes he has worse kings, like KQ/KJ, but not as often as AK imo, and of course worse kings increase our equity. There are bad cards for us that can fall on the turn and destroy our equity, such as 6, K and A, so I would just get it in now while we're miles ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    bet turn bigger, 3b bigger, obviously it's time to get in a cib war. Seriously though, 5b big, but don't shove.
    Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    bet turn bigger, 3b bigger, obviously it's time to get in a cib war. Seriously though, 5b big, but don't shove.
    Don't shove? Do you think a king folds at 2nl?
    ongies gonna ong
    i went all in... he had AK, got the A on the river and stacked me off
    same opp 2 hands later... raises 2 BB in eraly, i call with 77, got set on flop, bet , he all in, i call... has AA, A on the river staks me off again )
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Don't shove? Do you think a king folds at 2nl?
    there is only one way a king will maybe find a fold here - and that's if you shove. Better to let him 6b his trips himself, or call then he can't fold on the river anyway

@op, the better you are at poker, the more frequently you will suffer obscene bad beats and the less frequently you will inflict them on others (think about why this is). Then go and Google slansky bucks. And think, 'wow, glad i know about bankroll management, imagine if i'd lost my whole roll in that hand'. etc.

also, it happens
    http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...ml#post1957927
    Last edited by daven; 11-29-2010 at 01:10 AM.
    i kind of got to the point where i smile on these... happends.... thats poker, my BR is fine 4$ went to 40$ in a week, i lose sometimes just like any poker player,but i win most times cause that is why i listen to whats here anyway, just wanted your opinion, more people think better then just one
    Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    there is only one way a king will maybe find a fold here - and that's if you shove. Better to let him 6b his trips himself, or call then he can't fold on the river anyway
    I see your point. It's just I don't think AK ever folds this spot at 2nl due to it's equity against weaker kings. These weaker trip kings might fold though, and I realise we don't want this, even if he doesn't have them very often. If I'm honest, this point should be irrelevant, because hero should 3bet more at turn, meaning villain's 4bet is larger, and more committing, making a 5bet shove automatic. But noted, as played a shove is bad if we have a weaker king than AK in his range.
    ongies gonna ong
    I fold KQ utg
    in 6max???? No way I am folding KQ utg in 6max. Probably not in FR either.
    depends on opps.... there are times when you should, even play just AKs+ in FR from UTG
    these are the exact notes i have on him:
    Tight
    defend agrresive draws
    all in on overpairs and flopped sets

so, after the raise i put him on AK, AQ, AJ, 1010+,44
    if he's made set J,10 or 4 i have only 48% chances to win
    if he is on AK then its tie and i have 36% chances to win
    if he is AJ then i am behind and i have 3*K+4*Q+8diamonds=60% to win
    if he is AQ i am in front
    if he is QQ,KK my chances are about 45% to win....

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

UTG+1 ($2.60)
    MP1 ($4.89)
    MP2 ($3.18)
    MP3 ($5)
    CO ($5)
    Button ($5.49)
    Hero (SB) ($3.21)
    BB ($1.52)
    UTG ($2.79)

Preflop: Hero is SB with ,
    3 folds, MP2 bets $0.08, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 1 fold, MP2 calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.42) , , (2 players)
    Hero bets $0.30, MP2 raises to $2.98 (All-In)

Hero?
    Code:
    Board: Jd Td 4h
    Dead:  

equity     win     tie           pots won     pots tied    
    Hand 0:     52.303%      52.08%     00.23%              15467            67.00   { TT+, 44, AJs, AJo }
    Hand 1:     47.697%      47.47%     00.23%              14099            67.00   { AdKd }
    Against this range, you have 47.7% equity. If you include more draws then it's even better.

The pot odds are good enough to call even against the tighter range I gave him.

Do the exercise to calculate (manually) what your pot odds are and compare them to your equity.
    Last edited by daviddem; 11-30-2010 at 07:58 AM.
    hmmm... i am behind in all cases except AK,AQ... would you call if you played this hand?
    You may be behind but you have strong draws to a flush and a straight.
    Figure out why you have to call.
    Calculate your pot odds.

You've already been directed by OngBonga to this thread

Read and apply what this teaches you.
    Last edited by daviddem; 11-30-2010 at 08:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DBRose View Post
    in 6max???? No way I am folding KQ utg in 6max. Probably not in FR either.
    Wow, all the way back to page one. Erm, just out of curiosity...

Quote Originally Posted by Razvan729 View Post
    i have a problem/// i read in the preflop article posted at the digest, that some do raises with KQ in UTG.... i tried doing that, but i flop just a pair... K or Q and i bet but i get reraised i fold it immediatlly afraid that his got the same pair with A kicker.... is it right to do play it like this?

sorry for many silly question ...but i just wanna make sure i am doing right the play and again sorry for my english.
    Where does he say 6max?

I fold KQ utg
    Where did I say 6max?

6max is different, I might fold KQo, I might raise it, depends on factors like stacks, villains, stage of tournament etc. At the FR cash tables, I muck KQo utg some 100% of the time.
    Last edited by OngBonga; 11-30-2010 at 09:37 AM.
    ongies gonna ong
    As for AK hand, I'm not sure. He really has to have QQ+ in his range to make this a call. If he has sets only, we're in bad shape since the board pairs one in three times. Can he flat QQ+ pre? That's an important factor you have to decide. If he 4bets QQ+, then fold to the shove, because we only have 34% equity against sets.

I don't see him doing this with a draw if the notes are accurate. He called a 3bet remember, so he doesn't have Q9 diamonds, just about the only draw a tight player can shove here since we hold the Ad. It's either the range that daviddem gave, in which case call, or it's sets only, in which case fold.
    Last edited by OngBonga; 11-30-2010 at 10:09 AM.
    ongies gonna ong
    thats the thing, in case he has a set, QQ+, i have 48% to win,but i have to put 2,98$ in a 3,7 $ pot so thats not profitable.
    my best chances are if he's AQ+ or AJ....

but, how i know that? in one case its profitable, the other isnt, equity is 47% but the money i put in is 81% of the pot? so please explain like a 2 years old.... how does that make it profitable?
    thats the thing, in case he has a set, QQ+, i have 48% to win,but i have to put 2,98$ in a 3,7 $ pot so thats not profitable.
    my best chances are if he's AQ+ or AJ....

but, how i know that? in one case its profitable, the other isnt, equity is 47% but the money i put in is 81% of the pot? so please explain like a 2 years old.... how does that make it profitable?
    Ok, let's say there's $10 in the pot. Villain bets $100, a massive overbet.

There's now $110 in the pot, and we have to call $100. If we win, we make $110, if we lose, we lose $100, so assuming we have exactly 50% equity with no chops possible, we will win $10 every two hands.

I'm sure someone can explain it better than me, but if we have 50% equity or more, then no bet can price us out except in extremely rare circumstances involving rake. With 48% equity, we have to consider how much dead money there is ($10 in the example I just gave), but we don't need a lot.
    ongies gonna ong
    50% yes, but i am on 47% so i find no reason to call....81% of the pot investement, 47% equity, average odds to get my hand under 45% so i am down big time... with these stats i find it hard to call it... maybe i am dumb, but i just cant see a reason to call here.
    And the extremely rare circumsatnces, for the sake of debate...

Once, at 2nl, I folded the nuts on the river. And it wasn't a stupid thing to do. I was bb with a jack, and flopped a broadway gutshot. It was checked down to river, and I made the straight on the river. The sb was a nit, I hadn't seen him bluff once. He shoved 100bb+ with three people to act behind into a pot of limps. I realised that if I called, we were chopping, and the rake I would pay was worth more than the 1bb I had invested. I decided he makes this move without a jack some 0% of the time, so I folded.
    ongies gonna ong
    50% yes, but i am on 47% so i find no reason to call....81% of the pot investement, 47% equity, average odds to get my hand under 45% so i am down big time... with these stats i find it hard to call it... maybe i am dumb, but i just cant see a reason to call here.
    Ok, I'll try and use your hand. In this AK hand, at the point of shove, there is $0.72 dead money, that is, money that was in the pot before the shove. This gives us a buffer, this dead money means we don't need 50% equity.

Let's say there's no chops possible for the sake of making it a little easier, and say 48% equity means we win 48 times in 100, and we lose 52 times in 100.

You call 100 times, and lose 52 x $2.68, or $139.36
    You win 48 times, and win 48 x $3.40, or $163.2

A profit, despite having only 48% equity. Do you see how the dead money gives us a buffer?
    ongies gonna ong
    ok, that was what i didnt got right... thanks, is clear now
    Does anyone know how to calculate the break-even equity for this shove?
    ongies gonna ong
    b * (1-x) = p * x, where x=equity 0<x<1, p is pot before our call and b is the bet amount we have to call.

So for this shove we fill in pot and bet since we know those

2.68(1-x) = 3.40 * x
    2.68(1) - 2.68x =3.4x ;multimply b or 2.68 into 1 and x
    2.68= 6.08x ;add 2.68x to both sides
    x= .4407 ; divide both sides by 6.08 to get x alone =

as you mention we should account for rake too which could look like this
    b * (1-x) = px -.05(b+p) ; that assumes 5% rake and b+p is total pot

2.68(1-x) = 3.4x - .05 (6.08)
    2.68(1) - 2.68x =3.4x - .30
    2.98= 6.08x ;
    x= .4901

rake is

At first this surprised me but the pot is .42 on the flop and almost that entire amount will be taken in rake (.30) so thats why we need so close to 50% equity to stack.

fwiw I'd still stack here at the micros, someworse flushdraws stack here and we could have 19 outs with gutshot, pair, fd. his sizing is really stupid for anything other than a strong draw. does he have 98s and crap in his range? QQ makes some sense and kk++ seems like it will be 4bet pre often.

edit, I am lazy but both the above calculations fail to account for our 30 cents that went into the pot on the flop when we lead.
    Last edited by dneureiter; 12-01-2010 at 12:56 PM.
    edit: oops, I am late ^^^. This goes a long way to show how bad rake is!

Break even equity = pot odds (not taking rake into account).

It's a good exercise to calculate the break even equity when the pot is raked. Refer to the "analyzing calling an all-in" thread, all the math you need to do that is in there.

If he has JJ-TT,44,AJs,AJo then the call is pretty much break even (not taking rake into account), so it is slightly -EV after rake. But just a few draws in his range and it's a call.
    Last edited by daviddem; 11-30-2010 at 12:06 PM.
    I have read that thread obviously, but I think I need to go through it again.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddem View Post
    Break even equity = pot odds (not taking rake into account).
    This makes sense, and it smacks me as obvious. Yeah rake is rearing its ugly head here, I was expecting break-even equity to be around 45%. And working out just how much rake plays a part can be tricky thanks to rakeback and FPP points and whatnot.

I think I call this spot too, and I don't think I waste much time about it. I think I'd consider it the dog end of a flip against most ranges, and climb aboard for the ride.

Thanks dneureiter and daviddem for answering my question.
    ongies gonna ong
    Wow, all the way back to page one. Erm, just out of curiosity...

Where does he say 6max?

Where did I say 6max?

6max is different, I might fold KQo, I might raise it, depends on factors like stacks, villains, stage of tournament etc. At the FR cash tables, I muck KQo utg some 100% of the time.
    lol, ok, bro, you're right, but I didn't see him say FR either. The folding KQ UTG just caught my eye and that's why I'm "all the way back to page one" and if you are doing it in 6max it's probably wrong. I really cannot think of too many situations at all where you should fold it UTG unless you are playing like a nit. Which isn't necessarily wrong at 5NL, but you could probably be making more by placing it in your range.

just for clarification I am talking cash, not tournies.
    Quote Originally Posted by DBRose View Post
    just for clarification I am talking cash, not tournies.
    To be fair, I'm pretty bad at 6max cash rooms. I do play 6max mtts though, and have a reasonable record, and KQo is certainly in my UTG opening range. As for 9+, in MTTs I might well open KQo, depends on table of course, but at cash rooms FR I am a nit UTG. I'm looking at adding KQs to my opening range UTG, but I think I'll keep folding KQo.
    ongies gonna ong
    ty for posts ,.... i did call that hand and he was on J set and i didnt got my Q or diamond.... anyway, after all those i am sure i did not make a mistake by calling even if i lost...

KQs in UTG depends on table, i open with it but i play damn carefull on te board and depending who calls my opening.

when you get called by a TAG and opened with KQ having one pair on flop is damn tricky.
    its not the place for this question , but on poker tools no one replyed....

so , i down the PT3 but it blocks when starts downloading the database he requests after instalation./// uninstalled and installed again but i have the same problem... tried it for couple times but the same problems... can anyone please help me with this? i really want the tracker
    PokerTracker &bull; Index page

register and post queries .
    When you first get PT3 there are many teething problems that get thrown up.

You may as well ask your questions about PT3 there. You do get more personal help.
    Or try Holdem Manager. It's a big download but it installs very easily.
    i just arrived on the table, i havent played with him before ( no notes) and it hand nr.3 here so i have no reads on him.... his BB reraise makes me give him an AKso, JJ+ range....

after the c/r on the flop i decide to fold... i think he's on QQ+, 33, 55.... with JJ or AKso i dont think he would go all in.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

UTG ($1.96)
    Hero (UTG+1) ($2.68)
    MP1 ($2.37)
    MP2 ($1.57)
    CO ($4.96)
    Button ($2.51)
    SB ($0.65)
    BB ($1)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with ,
    UTG calls $0.02, Hero bets $0.10, 6 folds, UTG raises to $0.24, Hero calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.51) , , (2 players)
    UTG checks, Hero bets $0.28, UTG raises to $1.72 (All-In)

hero folds... what do you think?
    Last edited by Razvan729; 12-03-2010 at 09:09 AM.
    Dangerous. He could have air, he could have the nuts. Without reads I'd fold, but if I thought this guy was just an idiot, I'd snappit.

Pre flop, I would maybe fold to the 3bet. Again, we have no reads, personally I would prefer to see how this guy plays before I call AQ to his 3bet.
    Last edited by OngBonga; 12-03-2010 at 09:55 AM.
    ongies gonna ong
    A limp reraise preflop from a full stacked opp UTG is often AA, sometimes KK. More rarely it's a tilting donkey who finds it impolite that you raise his limp, or a stone cold bluff, trying to represent AA. Without anymore reads, I fold AQ and make a note of what he did, and keep an eye on him.
    that why i didnt fold preflop, because of the limp raise, but postflop, that is why exactly why i folded, the c/r on the flop made me put him on a set,even if not a QQ+, but for sure a set 3 or 4 , that is a standard reraise at 2nl on floped sets from what i have seen.
    ITP Penneywize makes an ass out of himself

this thread qualify for blog status yet? seriously f****n 4 pages, this is a blog. ship this to the blog OP forum and let us call a spade a spade.
    If you call a spade a spade in this country, you get accused of racism.
    ongies gonna ong
    i finally managed to install PT3. because i havent got experience with it, i would like you to tell me something.
    when i have the HUD on, i have some stats about every player. i am not sure i am interpreting those stats corectly so please tell in these ex if i am wrong.

1. stats for player are : 14/8/ AFq 56 over 50... from this i understand that he is pretty tight and raised majority of his pre flop hand and from the AFq i could make that he is agressiv on made hand and passiv other.

2. 67/4/ AFq 94 over 50.... here the opp is very loose and limps most hands or just calls raises and he is verry verry agressiv

now my 1st question, did i got those stats right? and 2nd question, how is better to play if i HU with one of this guys? the first one i should give him credit when he bets and according to my hand play ? the loose one, if i have a decent hand, should i call more often his bets? or reraise him according to my hand strenght? i mean, 2nd, question, that is what i should get from their stats, not asking how to play vs a loose or a tight player.

sorry if are silly fro most of you, but since i have now PT3, i wanna get the best out of it.

ty.
    Last edited by Razvan729; 12-06-2010 at 11:52 AM.
    First villain seems reasonably solid, 14/8 means he's playing decent hands, and he's cbetting around half the time, which is pretty standard. I'd show this guy respect unless he does something crazy. He's raising 8% of hands, which is something like 88+, suited broadway, AJ+.

If I'm playing him, I'd play strong hands against him. This guy understands poker, I will avoid stacking off against this guy with anything less than a set. I will look for value with top pair, but fold if he raises.

Second villain is a loose passive donk, the kind of player we want at the table. He's only raising really good starting hands, but he's calling way too much. Pre flop he is far from aggressive, he is passive. Post flop he is aggressive, which strongly suggests he's a mindless moron, since he's seeing a lot of flops. If he raises pre flop, show him a lot of respect (I'd probably fold AQs), but don't respect his calls. When he raises, he has a very tight range, but when he limps or calls a raise, he has a very wide range. Don't try and bluff this guy because he probably won't fold.
    He's raising 4% of hands, that's something like TT+ AQ+.
    But he's playing 67% of hands. To give you an idea of how loose this is, a range of any pair, any broadway, any ace and any suited cards, this range represents 46% of starting hands. He's playing even looser than this. He's an idiot who doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

I'd fold if he raises unless I have a premium hand. But, he's seeing a lot of flops with junk and is betting them. Top pair will never get folded against this guy, without top kicker I'd probably just let him fire away, calling each bet to showdown. With TPTK+, I'll get aggressive, since he probably continues with worse top pair and draws. I might even call second pair down to showdown if the bets are small enough. Just try and get this guy isolated in pots you've raised, and value bet your big hands.
    ongies gonna ong
    I would suggest playing about with pokerstove. Put some ranges into stove (click a player, then the preflop tab), have a look at how much a certain range is in terms of % of starting hands. This will help you get the most out of your PT3 stats, you will have a better understanding what it means if someone has stats of 14/8. Of course, just because someone plays 14% of hands, doesn't mean it's the top 14% of hands, they might have a thing for 84s on the button (like me), or maybe they think 89s is better than AJo (I'd prefer 89s multi-way), but it's a very good guide.
    ongies gonna ong
    ty, i hope soon i could get so elaborated in my posts really helps me what you said. i had an ideea about the stats but not as clear as you said it.
    sorry for another silly quoestion.... is it normal to have a week losing constantly? i am at 2nl the last week i have lost 20$ that is average 3$ a day , but i changed nothing in my game , i mean i play the same way i played when i turned 4$ into 80$ but now every hand i play just gets beat.... i know about variation and downswing but is it normal to last so long? or maybe i should look more carefully into my game?
    sorry for another silly quoestion.... is it normal to have a week losing constantly? i am at 2nl the last week i have lost 20$ that is average 3$ a day , but i changed nothing in my game , i mean i play the same way i played when i turned 4$ into 80$ but now every hand i play just gets beat.... i know about variation and downswing but is it normal to last so long? or maybe i should look more carefully into my game?
    It is normal to have a period of bad luck, that's the nature of card games, but it won't hurt to assess your game to make sure you're not making obvious mistakes. Sometimes a run of bad luck can be horrible, like losing with AA five times in a row or watching your junk hands that you fold hit flop after flop, but so long as you are making mostly +ev decisions then the bad luck will stop eventually, AA cannot keep losing, people can't keep hitting their flush, they don't always have KK when you have QQ.

But for sure have a look at PT3 and see where you're losing money. Maybe you're calling too many raises, or maybe raising too much. Isolate hands where you have lost big $$ in the last week and see if you can play the hand better, maybe post one or two in here.
    ongies gonna ong
    i rewied my hands on PT3 on every position and made some mistakes of course, but the mistakes are about 6 $,,,, the rest were just hands like flush he got full on river, 2 AA getting rocked ( was all in preflop these alone are 7$ ), set 10 got smashed on turn ( all in on flop-4$- got Q he made straight) and the rest are just totally missed flop with good starting hands....

so yeah 33% of lost money are my fault, the rest its variation, i asked because told you, all weeks session are -, just wondering if a badswing could be a long one like this... ty ongbonga
    When you have a few thousands of hands recorded in PT3, post a screenshot of your stats (global and by position), and people will comment and tell you where they think the problems are in your game. Don't do it too early though, normally you need about 10,000 hands to have postflop stats that start to mean something.
    24/12 AFq54 over 60 hands....

my range for him preflop is QQ+, AKs...

his reraise gave me implied odds to call

i did poker stove then and gave 55% equity....

what would you do here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

CO ($5.40)
    Button ($5)
    SB ($3.87)
    BB ($1.16)
    Hero (UTG) ($5.53)
    UTG+1 ($1.01)
    MP1 ($2.89)
    MP2 ($2.26)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with ,
    Hero bets $0.06, 4 folds, Button raises to $0.26, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.55) , , (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($0.55) (2 players)
    Hero bets $0.54, Button raises to $1.12,

Hero???
    I think it's fine to call pre flop, we're both deep so the implied odds are indeed there. It's a tough spot, I really don't like his check on the flop. He doesn't seem concerned about the diamonds, he's letting you see a free card. It stinks of QQ/KK, but it could be AA/AK worried you have a queen. Your bet seems to me too large, why pot it with a full house? When he raises it's very worrying. Can he have AQ? I don't think so, he would bet the flop for sure. I can't think what he can take this line with that we beat, but then I don't think I'm ever folding a solid full house at 2nl. (by solid, I mean villain needs two hole cards to beat us, a turn king or queen would make our full house very weak).

If we call this raise, the pot will just over $2. One might imagine a river bet would then be around $1.40 maybe. We can avoid stacking off here but I don't think I fold.

But if this is KK/QQ and we do lose our stack, it's not a problem. How much do you lose with a full house compared to how much you win? This will happen from time to time, we'll have the near nuts but they'll have the nuts. But that works both ways, sometimes you'll have KK/QQ here and they'll have 44.

And off the off chance he has KQ, that's ok, make a note so we know in future he can 3bet KQ on the button against an early position raiser.

Don't be concerned about the times where we lose our stack with a near-nut hand, be concerned about the times you're calling raises with top pair, or stacking off light against short stacks.

For what it's worth, I think anyone who can fold this is fucking awesome.
    Last edited by OngBonga; 12-07-2010 at 02:07 PM.
    ongies gonna ong
    i cant fold this... QQ/KK is for sure in his reraise range pre, but AA, AKs can be also posible...

like i said in this case on that range , pstove gives me 55%, his minraise in strange, could be to make go all in or could be AA /AKs afraid of the Q.

if i shove here, he will fold what? i think he will call all of his range here, and i would win according to pstove 55% of the times, so it would be profitable a little.

just call, i dont know, if he shoves river what do i do?
    For me, when he reraises pre he can have a few hands, but at the same time he's 3betting an early position raiser, which is showing strength. I'd be surprised if he had anything worse than JJ+ AQ+ at this stage.

Flop comes down, we check. Now, if he has AQ, he's got to bet. So when he checks we can take this out of his range. That leaves JJ+ AK

Turn comes down, and we pot. He has got to credit this bet, you raised UTG and it now looks like we were looking to c/r a queen on the flop. When he raises, he pretty much tells us he doesn't have JJ or AK, because this would be a crazy raise. JJ would fold and AK likely call or fold. As for AA, it's a very bad idea to raise this hand here because no worse hands can call and no better hands can fold. Does he really raise AA hoping to make 44 fold, or AK call? I'm not so sure. For me, his raising range is now QQ/KK, based on earlier streets. Maybe KQ, but I think it's unlikely he 3bets this pre. Against QQ/KK we're obviously in terrible shape with under 2% equity. We HAVE to be able to give him AA to stack off here, or notes that tell us he's capable of wild bluffs.

However, like I say, I don't think I can fold this at 2nl. I guess I accept that there are enough idiots out there who think AA is the nuts on every street and so I just stack off and cry bad beat when he flips over kings, which is obviously what he's got.
    ongies gonna ong
    yup.. you are right... i took all time bank, 90 sec to think.... and i shoved.... he snaped called and showed KK.

these are the hands that cost 20$ last 7 days.... no matter what i hold, he has better hopefully this down swing will end soon and those 20 will payback with interest.
    Thinking more about this hand, it's possible your pot-sized bet has induced a bluff. It looks like you're trying to price out the flush draw, so maybe he is trying to rep the full house while holding AA, thinking maybe you can fold trip queens. Also, if he can 3bet TJ diamonds pre flop, he might bluff with this hand.

I guess we have more equity than against a range of KK/QQ only, but I don't think he does this often with AA/TJs/AK.
    ongies gonna ong
    yup.. you are right... i took all time bank, 90 sec to think.... and i shoved.... he snaped called and showed KK.

these are the hands that cost 20$ last 7 days.... no matter what i hold, he has better hopefully this down swing will end soon and those 20 will payback with interest.
    Like I say, don't worry about these hands too much. Making money at 2nl is not about folding your full house when it's losing, it's so rare this will happen. Focus on marginal situations where you hold maybe bottom 2pair facing a shove, or TPTK facing flop raise.
    ongies gonna ong