Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

How to Post an Image or Graph

1) To post a graph, the first thing you need to do is take a Screenshot of your HEM or PokerTracker graph. You can take screenshots using software that's already on your computer.

• In Windows, press and hold down the "Alt" key and then press the "Print Screen" key. Now, open Microsoft Paint (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint). Press and hold down the "Ctrl" key and press the "V" key. This will Paste your screenshot into Paint. If you are familiar with Paint, you can crop and resize the screenshot (the graph should be around 800-900 pixels wide), then Save it to your desktop as a GIF or JPEG. GIF's work better than JPEG's for graphs, but either will work.

• On a Mac, hold down the COMMAND [Apple/Clover Leaf] and the SHIFT key and 4. If you press them all at the same time, you'll get a "crosshairs" so you can select just a section of the screen you want a screenshot for. The resulting file will be placed on your desktop.
    2) Now you will upload the image to a free hosting site. Go to Image Shack. ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    3) Click the 'Browse' button to locate the graph on your computer.
    4) On the Image Shack site, you can choose "Do not resize" (or your choice) from the dropdown menu.
    5) Click the 'Upload Now' button.

After it's uploaded, you'll see a list under 'Links to share your image:'
    Copy the code next to: Forum Code
    Then go to FTR, write whatever you want to in the thread and paste the code. Thats all there is to it. Don't try to 'Attach' anything. Just copy and paste the code from ImageShack.
    Last edited by PlayToWin; 05-22-2011 at 12:57 AM.
    Explain...what I do for a living without saying "I make monies in da 600 enels by pwnin' tha donk bitches". Instead I say "I'm a online financial redistribution broker". - Sasquach991
    {stickied}
    pro tip for advanced players: imgur.com is probably better than imageshack.us now if you know how to use img tags fwiw
    Is it not the case that when you use imageshack for posting graphs, others who are not registered with imageshack cannot see it? When I am not logged in to imageshack, all I can see is the frozen frog icon.

Is imgur different in that regard? Personally, I still use FTR to host my images. Go into profile then click "pictures and albums" in the menu on the left. It will let you upload your image and also give you a tag to use in your post.
    Virginity is like a bubble: one prick and it's all gone
    Ignoranus (n): A person who is stupid AND an assh*le
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddem View Post
    Is it not the case that when you use imageshack for posting graphs, others who are not registered with imageshack cannot see it? When I am not logged in to imageshack, all I can see is the frozen frog icon.
    That is incorrect. I have never registered. On the ImageShack home page it says Welcome to ImageShack. No registration required. Free to use and enjoy.
    Explain...what I do for a living without saying "I make monies in da 600 enels by pwnin' tha donk bitches". Instead I say "I'm a online financial redistribution broker". - Sasquach991
    mmmh, wonder if it may be different for people in the US and oustide the US? I am positive that whenever I am not logged in to my imageshack account, I cannot see the graphs in this thread that are hosted on imageshack. Instead I only see the frog icon that I linked to above. Then if I log in to my account I can see all the graphs.

Confused...

edit: no, I am right. See here or Google imageshack frozen frog.

They started doing this Feb this year. Imageshack definitely not recommendable anymore then.

re-edit: if I understand correctly, the imageshack problem will be solved if the FTR admins register the flopturnriver.com domain here. Please mods take action to get this done.
    Last edited by daviddem; 04-05-2011 at 04:59 PM.
    Virginity is like a bubble: one prick and it's all gone
    Ignoranus (n): A person who is stupid AND an assh*le
    Not so pro tip but may be useful, I just copy/paste the uploaded image from imageshack directly to the forum. No url or code or whatever.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    I'll pass that news on to an administrator, David. I'm sure they'll be happy to look at that as I know they try to limit the amount of pictures (or actually the amount of heavy sized pictures) they host.

supa - I'll be PISSED if that works. I'll feel like an idiot. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddem View Post
    mmmh, wonder if it may be different for people in the US and oustide the US?
    Possibly. I'm in the US.

I am positive that whenever I am not logged in to my imageshack account, I cannot see the graphs in this thread that are hosted on imageshack. Instead I only see the frog icon that I linked to above.
    I can see all the graphs in that thread and I'm not logged in to ImageShack

re-edit: if I understand correctly, the imageshack problem will be solved if the FTR admins register the flopturnriver.com domain here. Please mods take action to get this done.
    This may not be the problem, since I can see the photos, but it couldn't hurt to register flopturnriver.com
    Thank you!