Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

Maximizing Trips on the Flop

Default Maximizing Trips on the Flop

{This post has been removed}
    Love that last hand... the 6 giving him his trips and most likely a huge celebration but gave u your straight.
    "Look at the acting job by Abe, pretending he has a problem, we know its absolutely happy-days are here again rite now" -Vince Van Patten
    Well they were all in, so he would be able to see it made the straight but at the same time he would be (yes!, oh $shit!) haha, I hate it when that happens to me, you know when the river card falls to crack someones bigger PP to realise it made a four flush board and they have a suit. . .
    Poker is all about the long long long long long long long term . . .
    Barney's back . . . back again . . .
    On the first hand to maximize trips I would have played it a little different. I would have reraised the flop. That $20 bet was too weak. He wasn't going anywhere with a solid hand. I would have made it like 200. He may have put me on a draw with the diamonds out there. When the turn gives him trips he'll probably check them. Give a smaller bet and expect a reraise. "Think" about it and then make the call. River comes and you miss your "diamond draw" he bets, you raise all in, he calls. You take down the whole pot. Either way, I guess you can't get any more max then all in but just a different view from me.
    The artist formerly known as Knish
    Only mediocre players are always at their best.
    Phil Ivey Owns You