Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

$10 SnGs

Default $10 SnGs

The last couple of days I've moved back to playing $10 SnGs. My mood has improved considerably. I' ve played 11 SnG's.

1st - 1
    2nd - 3
    3rd - 3
    4th - 1
    7th - 3

for a net profit of $79.

I'm not sure I know why, but the I like the dynamic of the SnG as opposed to a ring game. Anyone have similar thoughts? What's the difference (as far as how to play in each)?

I don't feel that I changed my game any, but even the three 7th's were tolerable and understandable. There are times in ring games where I just feel like I'm in over my head. I never feel that in the SnGs -- at least so far.

Anyway, thanks again for everyone's help. The forum is an incredible resource.

aneratergos
    I used to like SNGs because I always wanted to be the last man standing and took pride in playing the perfect game. But then it all went downhill when I realized there are far too many fish playing in the SNGs and getting lucky.

It's frustrating when you play for about 1 hour only to finish 4th, or 3rd. You really don't get a good BB/Hr ratio unless you qualify 1st or 2nd roughly 50% of the time, which is hard no matter how good you are because of variance.

I would just play SNGs for tournament learning experience for the big multitable tournaments that have over 1000 participants. Even then, there's a lot of luck involved.

What I'm trying to say is, instead of playing top notch for more than an hour only to lose to some bad call the other player made, I rather just play ring games as you will make faster cash as opposed to the other.
    I prefer SnG games. They require greater skill to do well and I win more money at them vs reg table games. Although I dont like the SnG games at Party Poker. They start at 15/30 blinds and 800 chips. Essentially requiring more luck to win vs Paradise Poker (5/10 blinds and 1000 chips)