Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumAll Other Poker/Live Poker

Short term objectives, asd ops

Default Short term objectives, asd ops

So, after doing so good at 1/2 and resisting the urge to definitely move up to 2/4 until now, even though most people have repeatedly told me to, I have decided to set myself some goals for the next couple of months.
    I realize if i haven't moved up yet, it is more for psychological reasons rather than skill, so i hope by starting this sort of ops thread (inspired by Chopper's), i'll "force" myself to keep growing in my poker.

Short term objectives:

1. Play a lot more 2/4 and bring my 0.05/100 up to 2/100
    2. Keep playing some 1/2 and bring my 4.35/100 up to 5/100
    3. Read all the books i have on LHE one more time
    4. Improve my hand reading everyday
    5. Post some hands from each session with analysis for u guys to comment

Long term objectives:
    1. Eventually move up to 3/6
    2. Build rolls at sites where i don't play too much
    3. Start propping

cheers!
    Short term objectives:

6. Get a new avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzard
    Short term objectives:

6. Get a new avatar
    do u work for microsoft? If u do, smeg off!
    I do need to find a new avatar though.
    This one is not controversial enough. Only 2 idiots have complained about it until now. Clearly not enough.
    "could I take out every woman and child in a border town?"
    For the right to be governed, waste them without mercy.
    When you've decided. Meet me at the airport.
    alright, man. i'll jump in when i see something i feel i can help with. but, you've been more help to me than i think i can be to you.

oh, and go into detail about your props here, too. i always love to see all that stuff play out.
    LHE is a game where your skill keeps you breakeven until you hit your rush of random BS.

Nothing beats flopping quads while dropping a duece!
    1st short session was a success.
    1h, 2 tables 1/2 and 2 tables 2/4
    made 22BBs at 1/2 and 10BBs at 2/4
    I will now post some hands as independent threads
    short session this morning, up 80$
    yesterday i got my first rakeback payment (30/08 - 15/09) and it was 130+ euros. Gotta love it!
    i'll try and play some 2/4 today. this morning there were only 2 tables open at party, not too juicy, so i played mainly at 1/2 where my BB/100 is still around 4.35
    total losing sesssion at 2/4, running bad and then finally tilting
    down 450$ there.
    Quitting for a while
    Quote Originally Posted by asdpikas
    total losing sesssion at 2/4, running bad and then finally tilting
    down 450$ there.
    Quitting for a while :(
    I'm on a -400BB downswing. Don't whine.
    i'm with ya, man. played some .50/1 last night....got smoked (two days in a row). but, damn those guys played some bad cards. it'll definitely turn.

went to work on some things i read on 25/50c tables right after and caught all the cards i needed and then some. lol. dont it just figure you run cold up higher and hot down low. "where was this shit earlier?" i asked myself.

makes me giggle when that happens.
    LHE is a game where your skill keeps you breakeven until you hit your rush of random BS.

not much u can do when this kind of shit happens
    another 600 gone this morning, thank god for bonuses that keep me alive. AA and KK lost 9/20 times this morning.

2/4 Limit Holdem
    6 players
    Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
    UTG ($117.50)
    UTG 1 ($42.25)
    CO ($316.00)
    BTN ($128.75)
    Hero ($97.50)
    BB ($225.00)

Pre-flop: (1.5 SB, 6 players) Hero is SB
    1 fold, UTG 1 calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, BB raises, UTG 1 calls, Hero calls

Flop: (6.0 SB, 3 players)
    Hero checks, BB bets, UTG 1 calls, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG 1 calls

Turn: (6.0 BB, 3 players)
    Hero bets, BB raises, UTG 1 calls, Hero calls

River: (12.0 BB, 3 players)
    Hero bets, BB raises, UTG 1 calls, Hero 3-bets, BB 4-bets, UTG 1 calls, Hero calls

Final Pot: 24.0 BB
    UTG 1 shows:
    Hero shows:
    BB shows:

BB wins 23.2 BB ( won 15.2 BB )
    UTG 1 lost 8.0 BB
    Hero lost 8.0 BB
    yeah, that sucks. would you consider 3betting that turn? did you give him credit for one if the 8's? i figure that if i 3bet, and he caps, i have cause for concern, but not until.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    yeah, that sucks. would you consider 3betting that turn? did you give him credit for one if the 8's? i figure that if i 3bet, and he caps, i have cause for concern, but not until.
    with so much action and the 3rd guy coldcalling, i wasn't too confident since i was behind of AA, KK, QQ, TT, 8x.
    On the river though, i thought i was really good
    Once he raises the river you have to think the best case scenario is a tie unless he is a total tard or on tilt, etc.. so really no reason to 3bet that.

3betting the turn is not doing yourself any favors either. If he has you beat he will cap and if he's bluffing or semi-bluffing he'll most likely bluff again on the river - unless you 3bet the turn. So if you are behind you still have four outs (usually) and you want a chance to draw to them cheap. If you're ahead there's no reason to discourage him from giving you another BB on the river.

One of the adjustments you need to make when moving up I find is to appreciate that your opponents are just not going to spew off chips with second-best hands the way they will at the lower limits.

In general, your opponents will become more aggressive as you move up and passive play becomes more valuable, both as a means of saving bets when you're behind and gaining bets when your opponent is bluffing/semi-bluffing.
    "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on." (George Bush).
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingDog
    Once he raises the river you have to think the best case scenario is a tie unless he is a total tard or on tilt, etc.. so really no reason to 3bet that.

3betting the turn is not doing yourself any favors either. If he has you beat he will cap and if he's bluffing or semi-bluffing he'll most likely bluff again on the river - unless you 3bet the turn. So if you are behind you still have four outs (usually) and you want a chance to draw to them cheap. If you're ahead there's no reason to discourage him from giving you another BB on the river.

One of the adjustments you need to make when moving up I find is to appreciate that your opponents are just not going to spew off chips with second-best hands the way they will at the lower limits.

In general, your opponents will become more aggressive as you move up and passive play becomes more valuable, both as a means of saving bets when you're behind and gaining bets when your opponent is bluffing/semi-bluffing.
    Wont he raise Tx? like ATs or KTs? Having 2 oponents in and hoping to get as much money in as possible from one of them having 8x?
    as it turns out, the 3rd player had nooothing
    I'm only behind QQ, TT and 88... and i do see them all cap with Tx there.
    A tie would only be possible if he also had QT, i'm ahead of all other Tx hands
    A tie would only be possible if he also had QT, i'm ahead of all other Tx hands
    Good point. I hadn't realised that, and I guess I would 3bet that river too, esp. with UTG+1 cold calling the first raise.

p.s. UTG+1 seems like a dream opponent. I would follow him around like a lost puppy.
    "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on." (George Bush).
    About moving up: at one point you just have to 'man up' and stop waiting for people to hold your hand as you dip your toe in the water.

HH: IMO, as long as UTG+1 is in there then not playing the river this way would be criminal. The only hands that beat you are 88 and QQ, both of which extremely unlikely and its a lot more likely that UTG has 1 of the 8's as otherwise it doesn't make much sense since you didn't give a read.

I think there can be a lot more discussion on the flop check/raise though. What's your risk/reward with TPGK OOP like this normally postflop?

Check out my videos at Grinderschool.com

More Full Ring NLHE Cash videos than ANY other poker training site. Training starts at $10/month.
    Quote Originally Posted by elipsesjeff
    About moving up: at one point you just have to 'man up' and stop waiting for people to hold your hand as you dip your toe in the water.

I think there can be a lot more discussion on the flop check/raise though. What's your risk/reward with TPGK OOP like this normally postflop?
    what's your take on it? I know BB will c-bet 100%, so if he whiffed i make extra and charge him more where he would just call w overs or fold if i bet out. 3rd guy may also be peeling light, and i represent a lot of strength.
    I'd like to hear other takes/lines.

About moving up. Again i did it, and again i got toasted, so there's something i'm missing.
    Again, my stats are the same for both levels:
    50k hands 1/2 @ 4.11/100
    29k hands 2/4 @ -0.7/100
    BTW, not all bad news, made 300$ today at 1/2
    Rebuilding my party BR is in motion
    Without a read I think we're giving up too much by not c/ring that flop.
    I could see maybe c/r here with AT or JJ, but QT really isn't all that great, probably breakeven. If he has AK, which is his most likely missed hand in this spot, he'll likely two barrel.

We're looking to get value from his missed overcards as well as a hand like 99 on this flop, but we limit the value we get to 1 SB extra when we check/raise because he'll fold all the overcards on the turn, and he might call 99 down although you're repping the 8.

Figuring out the EV you'd have to look at the likelihood of him firing a second barrel compared to how often he calls the turn with hands that you beat. I think its close even with a read but without one i'm probably not c/ring here.

Check out my videos at Grinderschool.com

More Full Ring NLHE Cash videos than ANY other poker training site. Training starts at $10/month.
    Quote Originally Posted by elipsesjeff
    I could see maybe c/r here with AT or JJ, but QT really isn't all that great, probably breakeven. If he has AK, which is his most likely missed hand in this spot, he'll likely two barrel.

We're looking to get value from his missed overcards as well as a hand like 99 on this flop, but we limit the value we get to 1 SB extra when we check/raise because he'll fold all the overcards on the turn, and he might call 99 down although you're repping the 8.

Figuring out the EV you'd have to look at the likelihood of him firing a second barrel compared to how often he calls the turn with hands that you beat. I think its close even with a read but without one i'm probably not c/ring here.
    Wow, i wouldnt 2barrel if i dont hit turn when called on 2spots
    Your (Jeff's) argument only makes sense if you put BB on a monster hand like AK, QQ+. But since all he did was raise two limpers you have to widen his range a lot to something like 77+, AT+, KQ, A8s+, KTs+, QJs. And I think BB c-bets pretty much 100% of that range on this flop, not just AK.

If we do have the best hand, c/c'ing the flop and hoping he barrels again on the turn against two opponents with air strikes me as a pretty bad idea.

As it is we probably have close to 50% equity in this pot against two opponents, and not pumping it up on the flop just seems weak. We can re-evaluate if we get raised on the turn (esp. if an overcard comes), but not pressing our advantage on the flop gives up too much.
    I think i wanna include this here... though i posted it somewhere else.

My latest email exchange confirms a lot of things regarding Everest. And not very positive.

1. At Everest poker, tournament players have an advantage over cash game players, since they can use Summit Points for tournament entries and cash game players can only use them as play money. Thus, tournament players have an overlay from money saved in entries that cash game players dont. Thus Everest poker is discriminating players based on their preference of tournament vs cash game.

2. At Everest poker, scandinavian players have an advantage over other nationalities, since they have an ongoing VIP program that we dont have yet. And there is no set timeframe for other nationalities to be included in it. Thus Everest poker is discriminating players based on their nationality.

3. At Everest poker, there will never be rakeback, and the only benefit non-scandinavian cash game players get right now is monthly bonuses sent by email.

4. At Everest poker, there are no efforts being made to keep Limit holdem tables going/open at any level. Thus, we can assume there will not be an increase in Limit Holdem traffic in the near future.
    i thought you were dutch...

you need to relocate.

i thought you were dutch...

you need to relocate.
    I've relocated the funds i had on my everest account, that's what i've relocated
    Started propping....
    rake kills HU, good thing i get 85% back
    still i feel like i suck HU. Good deal to practice and not go broke due to rake.

This month i'm up about $2k overall + bonuses. This speaks volumes about 1/2 since i'm down $600 at 2/4
    re-read HEFAP's short handed section. (p. 183+)

it dives into HU play and the rate at which your opponent must fold to profit with ATC. then, how to counter when he starts 3betting, etc.

great for general theory. cant imagine it wont help tons while propping small stakes LHE games with dummies.

re-read HEFAP's short handed section. (p. 183+)

it dives into HU play and the rate at which your opponent must fold to profit with ATC. then, how to counter when he starts 3betting, etc.

great for general theory. cant imagine it wont help tons while propping small stakes LHE games with dummies.
    Yeah! I need that book! I'm 200 FPPs short of ordering it on Stars...
    Soon... very soon... MUAHUAHUAHUHAHAH! (evil laugh)
    go straight to the short handed section for your propping. then, read the rest on your own time.

I've discovered a table selection/datamining SW that will help me a lot!
    I can now sit exclusively with the fish!

Gotta love them:

1/2 Limit Holdem
    5 players
    Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
    UTG ($42.30)
    Hero ($40.65)
    BTN ($18.85)
    SB ($27.65)
    BB ($51.31)

Pre-flop: (1.5 SB, 5 players) Hero is CO
    UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG 4-bets, Hero calls, BB calls

Flop: (10.5 SB, 3 players)
    BB checks, UTG bets, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG calls

Turn: (8.2 BB, 3 players)
    BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, BB raises, UTG calls, Hero calls

River: (14.2 BB, 3 players)
    BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: 15.2 BB
    BB shows:

BB wins 14.5 BB ( won 9.5 BB )
    UTG lost 4.0 BB
    Hero lost 5.0 BB
    Tough day today, 350$ down at 2/4
    and then this:

Chat InformationPlease wait for a site operator to respond.
    Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Daniela'
    Daniela: Thank you for contacting TITN live support. How can I assist you?
    me: hello daniela, how are u?
    Daniela: I'm good thank you, and yourself?
    me: i would like to confirm that i got more than 500$ rake on betsafe
    me: good ty
    me: and thus will get a month stoxpoker
    Daniela: Juan, for September you got a total of $374.95 in generated rake. Therefore you don't qualify for the StoxPoker promotion.
    me: that cannot be right
    me: Hi Juan, According to our latest update you are now at $499.205 Kind Regards David Roslund Poker Affiliate Manager
    me: this was comunicated a few days ago, and have since kept playing
    me: raking more than 1$ obviously
    Daniela: Juan, your stats were last updated on 9/29 and you were up to $374.95.
    Daniela: Once we add your earnings from 9/30 you might reach $500.
    me: but september doesnt end on the 29
    Daniela: But so far that is how much you have earned.
    me: o_o
    me: no way
    me: dude, the promotion applies for rake from the whole month
    Daniela: Sorry Juan, but we don't make up the stats. They are uploaded directly from the reports that the poker room provides us.
    me: not just until the 29th
    Daniela: Correct.
    Daniela: The whole month... from Sept. 1st to the 30th.
    me: i got tha email on the 29th
    Daniela: So far we've only uploaded your earnings until the 29th. Please wait until the earnings from the 30 have been uploaded so that we can tell if you qualify for StoxPoker or not.
    me: i played a long session that day and the next day
    Daniela: Ok, then we have to wait for those earnings to reflect in your stats.
    Daniela: They still haven't been uploaded
    me: your info is still not correct
    me: this is from the 28th
    me: So far you have generated €312.23 in rake revenue this month, that is about $447.607. Keep it up and you will make it Good luck by the tables! Kind Regards David Roslund Poker Affiliate Manager
    Daniela: Juan, as I said before, this is not our info, we get these reports directly from the poker room.
    Daniela: We simply upload them to our site so that players can check their stats.
    me: but you offer the promotion
    me: are you saying i should contact them for the stoxpoker promo?
    Daniela: No, the StoxPoker promotion is our promotion.
    Daniela: But the stats are not generated by us, they are generated by the poker room.
    me: it doesnt make sense that you offer the promo, but dont verify the stats
    Daniela: So if you don't reach the $500 in one month, that is something that the poker room informs us.
    Daniela: We don't make up the stats in your account.
    me: you said: Daniela: Juan, for September you got a total of $374.95 in generated rake. Therefore you don't qualify for the StoxPoker promotion.
    me: how can that be if David Roslund, Poker Affiliate Manager, on the 28th says:
    me: So far you have generated €312.23 in rake revenue this month, that is about $447.607. Keep it up and you will make it Good luck by the tables! Kind Regards David Roslund Poker Affiliate Manager
    Daniela: You have generated $374.95 until sept. 30th.
    me: now its the 30th?
    Daniela: Sorry, until sept. 29th, I mean.
    me: this is incredible
    Daniela: You must wait until the stats from the 30th are updated.
    Daniela: We don't know whether you qualify for this promotion or not.
    me: then you are saying, on the 28th, David Roslund was lying?
    Daniela: You must wait until all your stats from September are uploaded.
    Daniela: Sir, I don't know David Roslund. He works for a different company.
    Daniela: I can only tell you what we see in our system.
    me: Madam, you are misleading in your affirmations
    me: So, madam, what should i do? contact Mr Roslund and have him contact you?
    Daniela: Juan, bottom line is that we still don't know whether you qualify for this promotion or not.
    Daniela: You have to wait until your September stats get uploaded.
    me: 1st thing, madam, it's either Sir, or Juan, not both
    Daniela: So far you are still missing data from sept. 30th.
    me: make up your mind
    Daniela: Juan.
    me: 2nd thing, madam, i either raked 500+ or i didnt
    me: which brings us tho the 3rd point
    Daniela: And we still don't know that because your stats for Sept. 30th haven't been uploaded yet.
    me: if i did, i get the promo, but you say i didnt and the info i got on the 28th was untrue
    me: Madam, you say i'm missing the stats for the 30th
    me: i would understand if you said, "sir, you only raked 499$"
    me: but, madam, where does your 374$ figure come from? it is nowhere near the figures i have
    Daniela: It comes from the stats in your TITN account.
    Daniela: Under "My Rakeback Offers".
    me: according to that, i should only get 112 rakeback
    me: how come i got more, then???
    Daniela: Juan, as I said before, these numbers are provided to us directly by the poker room. We don't make them up.
    me: my numbers are also provided by the poker room, madam
    me: i don't make them up
    me: and i can back them up with hand histories and Poker tracker stats
    Daniela: We don't have access to your Betsafe account, so we don't know if you are getting paid more or less.
    me: what can you back your affirmations up with, madam? Just that it says so on your own site?
    juan,

hold on a minute. the sites may lag behind your affiliate. although, that doesnt really make sense, it should be the other way around.

if i check RTR, it will often lag 24-48 hrs behind Cake's stat page.

in other words, there may be some time lag here. however, like i said, it should be in the reverse order.

i hope they arent screwing you somehow.

ps....if you prop at some sites, they may not immediately adjust the "rake adjustment" when it comes to rake/rakeback? idk, just trying to think of anything that can give you hope.

juan,

hold on a minute. the sites may lag behind your affiliate. although, that doesnt really make sense, it should be the other way around.

if i check RTR, it will often lag 24-48 hrs behind Cake's stat page.

in other words, there may be some time lag here. however, like i said, it should be in the reverse order.

i hope they arent screwing you somehow.

ps....if you prop at some sites, they may not immediately adjust the "rake adjustment" when it comes to rake/rakeback? idk, just trying to think of anything that can give you hope.
    Well, i've had no problems with the site i prop for. It has nothing to do with titn.com

i've received this which doesn't make much sense to me:
    Dear Juan,

Thank you for contacting TITN.

Our sytems can only display Dollar Signals but the amount is correct. Basically your stats for September is showing that you earned a total MGR of 380.24 Euros which converted to Dollars is $533.0204 but you still need to take out 30% which is 114..07 Euros. I hope I am being clear enough and if you still have any concerns let me know. Thank you

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Nelson
    why do you need to take out 30%?

is that because to claim the Stox promotion, you need to have $500 AFTER rakeback? if so, that sucks.

it does suck, since if u play in a site with more rakeback u need to rake much more than if your account is at a site with less.

Still, titn guy at 2p2 said he would get the promo manually for me. Waiting...
    recovering from my latest bad run, taking a break from LHE
    pwning stud for the moment, hope things keep up
    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Oct 9, 2008 5:50 AM
    Subject: banned from forum?
    To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>

Hello,

I posted on the Limit Holdem microstakes forum today. The thread with the topic Rancho Relaxo....
    It was partly a joke in the way it was written, but it really was a valid thread linking to a video of one of my Limit Holdem sessions. For people to comment on my game.
    I dont understand how come it says i have been banned for spamming o_0
    Maybe you can point it out to me?
    I mean, i have posted the exact same thread at stoxpoker.com and flopturnriver.com and people have actually understood it. Do you really think my name is Troy McClure and there is a company named Rancho Relaxo? I hope this is a misunderstanding and you actually have some sense of humor.
    I am obviously not banned from the other sites.
    see the posts:
    http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/...ns-t77202.html
    http://www2.stoxpoker.com/forums/sea...earchid=171520 (you need to be a member to see this one as it is in the private forum)

Anyways, just hoping to clear this out or at least know what i did wrong.

Thank you, kind regards,
    Lol.

Why do all of your correspondences with service personnel sound like you're talking to a bot?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingDog
    Lol.

Why do all of your correspondences with service personnel sound like you're talking to a bot?
    LOL
    My understanding is that support in general has very small IQs (dont take it personal anybody - I used to work in IT support)
    So, not all is bitchin and moaning.

Got rakeback added to my old full tilt account, so i've started rebuilding a BR there...

My terrible run seems to have come to an end (hope so) after a decent +$180 today at 1/2
    Gotta get those winrates back up!

Interesting note... I've played all day both at FTP and Party and it seems to me that at 1/2 the FR games are much tighter at Party, but the 6max games are much tighter at FTP (nothing remotely as crazy as some of the games i run into at Party sometimes)

The douche
    on holidays in sweden atm
    logged some hands
    made a bit
    still a bad month overall, will evaluate on the 1st Nov
    where's your dedication? sheesh.

j/k. have a good break.

Yesterday's DOH! moment

Played 4 tables of 1/2 6max for 2 hours at FTP crushing the game for 14BBs/100
    32/26/3
    Later played the cryptos and started to get crushed by rags until....
    I realized the cryptos games have nothing to do with 6maxLHE, they are more like FR microstakes (even the 2/4) and even though i felt like i was in the zone at FTP, my style was WRONG WRONG WRONG at the cryptos.

I started playing basic SSHE Miller/Sklansky strategy. NEVER bluff, and valuebet to death, but most important FOCUS on RELATIVE POSITION
    Got my money back with 50euros profit

It is hard to adapt to different situations, especially when PT3 and HUD dont work on that site
    Those games play with 4-6 players to the flop everyhand and i was obviously semibluffing too much, and going to SD too much
    more like 32/20/1.5 is needed
    so, crypto doesnt take PT anymore? wow.

but, sweet adjustment. i do that only occasionally, and need to get better at it.

so, crypto doesnt take PT anymore? wow.

but, sweet adjustment. i do that only occasionally, and need to get better at it.
    not yet for PT3, it will come, they are still fixing other bugs before adding more sites. PT2 does work there, i think.
    good start of the month = free money

1.4k$ from some megajackpot promotion at party

wow, just opened it and saw 3k in my account and was flippin!
    damned frist!!

nice for you, tho....lol. gg, sir.

downswinged at 1/2 and my winrate at that level is at its lowest ever hovering around 3.5BB/100
    running quite good at 2/4, getting closer to the green and feeling confident at that level. Rakeback makes such a big difference for me psychologically, cause the BR swings are somewhat mitigated.
    I almost dont play party anymore since i dont get RB there, but log a lot of hands at FTP where i've already accumulated about 300$ rakeback in the last 10 days

Too bad there are no bonus/vip promos at FTP... iron man sux imo, and the store too... nothing much i can do with my points
    It seems that you put a lot of emphasis on winrate. Psychologically this seems like a bad idea IMO. BB/100 takes hundreds of thousands of hands to converge and since you'll be a different poker player from the beginning of those hundreds of thousands of hands, it doesn't really matter.

I think you should start focusing more on how you play. Are you getting more comfortable in spots? Are the hands you feel aren't standard getting more and more complicated? Do you feel like you can answer most questions that come up on the forum in an in depth manner?

These are the things that will tell you if you're a better player, not your BB/100.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeskies
    It seems that you put a lot of emphasis on winrate. Psychologically this seems like a bad idea IMO. BB/100 takes hundreds of thousands of hands to converge and since you'll be a different poker player from the beginning of those hundreds of thousands of hands, it doesn't really matter.

I think you should start focusing more on how you play. Are you getting more comfortable in spots? Are the hands you feel aren't standard getting more and more complicated? Do you feel like you can answer most questions that come up on the forum in an in depth manner?

These are the things that will tell you if you're a better player, not your BB/100.
    Yep, i just like stats, they pay my rent and give me some comfort in knowing i'm not a total donk, but u are right, they are not the most important.

I do feel my game is improving. After +200k hands of LHE I am now more comfy in many more situations and i do believe my theory knowledge to be quite good.
    My biggest leaks may be on the psychological side of things :S

I am far from being a great player or having the best understanding of theory, but i do try to improve and study everyday, and the hours spent working on my game do bring dividends

This thread just helps me keep track of some things, and give news on how i'm running
    Cool. How about a periodic update of concepts that you're working on or possible leaks you think you might have. We might be able to get some general discussion going about concepts you're unsure of or common situations that you're not sure you play right. Or even situations you think you DO play right. Sometimes those are the sneakiest leaks.
    Cool. How about a periodic update of concepts that you're working on or possible leaks you think you might have. We might be able to get some general discussion going about concepts you're unsure of or common situations that you're not sure you play right. Or even situations you think you DO play right. Sometimes those are the sneakiest leaks.
    that is a good idea... I'll start now
    Your avatar rules BTW
    Your avatar rules BTW
    LOL thx
    but nobody gets it! they all assume the worse...
    Rakeback makes such a big difference for me psychologically...
    me, too, man. bonus chasing used to do the same thing. makes me more fearless.

Update:

1/2: Closing in on 5k profit since i started playing this level. winrate down because of more multitabling and a bit of a downswing, but that's fine, i'm pretty much done with that level.

2/4: In the green again, after being down 1.3k
    Totally confident at this level now, and with rakeback and table selection at FTP my wins should keep growing

3/6: Got my feet wet with some juicy games for $200 profit

propping: Doing good improving my HU/shorthanded play. Up $600 at the site since i started although i really dont log many hands for lack of games.

rakeback: $800+ in the past 15 days (not counting the propping site), not bad. It's really a great help psychologically and if i can average 1.5k/month, that's really +EV

building rolls: Done, rolled for 2/4 on all sites.

So things are looking good

the J9s douche
    hey J9douche, (lol)

those numbers ought to help with all the rent, eh?

oh, and next site you put money on, you need to make your name.......Jdouche9, J/9douche, J9vinegar, J9bagJ9, J9UTGdouchebag, maybe

sooooooteddouuuuuuche.

play around with it, and i look forward to "cleansing" you on the tables.

hey J9douche, (lol)

those numbers ought to help with all the rent, eh?

oh, and next site you put money on, you need to make your name.......Jdouche9, J/9douche, J9vinegar, J9bagJ9, J9UTGdouchebag, maybe

sooooooteddouuuuuuche.

play around with it, and i look forward to "cleansing" you on the tables.
    LOOOOOOOL

I LOVE SOOTEDDOUCHE! hahahhahahhah
    total tilt

down about 1k...

smeggin euro crazy maniac mofo lunatic fish
    i'd rather play north american passive fish any day
    hey hey.....dont hate me because i'm beautiful.

gotta get off those 80% vpip tables. they will drive you to the looney bin.

hey hey.....dont hate me because i'm beautiful.

gotta get off those 80% vpip tables. they will drive you to the looney bin.
    yeah...
    i think i wont be playing much more at party for lack of rakeback, and that may solve these situations once an for all :S
    aaaargh
    why do i play at party???
    switched back to FTP and made $300 back in no time
    table selection makes the difference, being able to sit w the LPs to your right and a couple nits to your left is HEAVEN
    At party, u cant even switch seats!!! and cant table select without external software...
    thats more like it.

So...

what to say...

I guess i'll start a new thread now that i've moved up to 2/4 and 3/6

Things are going ok, nothing awsome, but making money
    I'm quite confident i'll be playing exclusively 3/6 and up pretty soon. There is absolutely no difference between 2/4 and 3/6. Same players, same fish, similar BR (and i'm overrolled)

So i'm back to break even at 2/4 after that -1k tilt moment, and up about 400 at 3/6 over a small sample.
    I'm also getting my 2/4 FR stats back in order.
    I guess i'm a stat maniac, but i want all levels to be green (what a nice color)

Made 500$ today in a couple of sessions (mainly FR) and hopefully i can start aspiring to 5digit months

Oh, did I ever mention Rakeback is the nuts? No?

RAKEBACK IS THE NUTS!
    i'm starting to get sick listening to the prospect of a 5 digit month. but, obv, way to go!!

do you find 6max or FR more profitable above 1/2? obv, they are different, but are there enough non-nitty stations at 2/4 or 3/6 to still make the avg. pots bigger? and, if so, does that offset the rb difference of fewer hands? or, do you just open more tables of FR to make up for the hands/hr difference?

do you find 6max or FR more profitable above 1/2? obv, they are different, but are there enough non-nitty stations at 2/4 or 3/6 to still make the avg. pots bigger? and, if so, does that offset the rb difference of fewer hands? or, do you just open more tables of FR to make up for the hands/hr difference?
    6max is a lot easier at 1/2. The regs higher up are much better. Still, there are plenty of fish to look for.

FR, i find easier at 2/4 and 3/6.
    I find lots of nitty tables at FR but weak tight. Those players have never played 6max for the most part, and really suck in late pos steals, resteals, defense, bvb...
    So easy to steal blinds its a crime not to...
    Aggression works marvels (2barrelling, semibluff raising, FSD plays...) since they fold way too much.
    Careful if they go aggro, they got a big hand though...

Basically I play very nitty in EP, and open wide in LP (playing my normal 6max game if folded to me 3off the button or later).
    I never openlimp, but overlimp quite wide if 2+ limpers already in.
    And I see as many flops as i can from sb and bb if the price is right. I complete any2 on sb if 2+ limpers on unraised pots.

BTW... the 5digit months are still very very faaaaar away... I was just dreaming awake