Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

Combo draw, should I bluff this turn and river? 100NL ZOOM

Default Combo draw, should I bluff this turn and river? 100NL ZOOM

Villain is 14/9/2.6 over only 250 hands...not a reg at these games but a reg somewhere

I doubt he is taking this line with a jack in his hand but by the river I am repping extremely thin..only boats. His bet sizing makes me think he is leaving room to fold. Should I have bluffed the turn? He is giving me a good price to hit my outs but I think raising the turn I can rep wider and still have outs the times I do get called. Not sure what the best line would have been.

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars

Hero (Button) ($100)
    SB ($175.45)
    BB ($112.57)
    UTG ($128.48)
    UTG+1 ($100)
    MP1 ($29.01)
    MP2 ($154.93)
    MP3 ($250)
    CO ($332.88)

Preflop: Hero is Button with ,
    3 folds, MP2 bets $3, 2 folds, Hero calls $3, 1 fold, BB calls $2

Flop: ($9.50) , , (3 players)
    BB checks, MP2 bets $3, Hero raises to $12, 1 fold, MP2 calls $9

Turn: ($33.50) (2 players)
    MP2 bets $15, Hero calls $15

River: ($63.50) (2 players)
    MP2 bets $23
    This is my normal line against someone who I don't have too much info on. I will play my good draws a bit more passive than normal because I am not sure about just how much fold equity I have in these spots against them. Against regs whom I have a lot of hands with and know they can fold overpairs and such on these spots, I am more inclined to play aggressively. Is this thinking alright?
    Any reads on this type of sizing? It seems strange to bet this size with AJ (except maybe with AJcc to trap lesser draws), and that's pretty much his bare ace range, unless this is the type of 14/9 to play KJ/JTs/QJs 3 seats from the button.
    i feel like this is a loose call pre?

i'm really confused by the hand postflop. is this a standard reg sizing OOP 3way on 2tone flop w/AA,AJ,33? i definitely feel your flop raise is correct given we have diminishing equity as each card falls, yet plenty of equity vs a contuning range at this point in the hand, plus some amount of FE.

after then i'm pretty confused but i think just call turn and fold unimproved rivers?
    such a weird line.
    looks alot like Tcxc
    I prob raise turn and barrel lots of rivers, b/fing club rivers.
    That being said, i think the way you played it is also fine.

no pressure, no diamonds
    fold

I now see that you said that you doubt that he has a jack. As per my other post, I agree. We're light on notes, but I would pretty much assume that a player like this is only gonna take this weird of a line with the nuts. I see no reason for him FPS with the bluffs he has in his range when he had the initiative at the flop, and I obviously think this is a pretty ridiculous line to take for value with speculative hands. If anything, a J seems like his most likely non-boat, but none of Jx hands make sense to me except for AJcc.

Because of this, I'm definitely not raising the turn. Given my take on the hand, villain is baiting us into sigh calling this type of hand because surely you can't fold being given this price, but then again, surely you can't fold being given this price, haha.

As played, fold river.
    Yeah I think you gotta fold the river. Tough fold to make though, aggravating especially after how well you hit that flop
    General rule if you make a hand on the flop and the board gets ugly and there is agg play against you fold. If they are bluffing you can get them next time or the time after
    From the 1/2 pot turn bet donk after calling your flop raise it looks like he has narrowed his likely range to overpairs and he is putting you on a flush draw or mid pair. From your reads, do you think he would fold if you raised the turn to rep trip Jacks?

I see an argument for a turn semibluff raise, but by the river its a fold.
    "Don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Then you are a mile away, and have his shoes." - Anon.
    fold pre-flop,I would have played
    ?????????-?? ???????,? ????????? ???????!
    Fold. Flush seven high? WTF are you thinking? Were you waiting for the miraculous 4?
    Fold where? There's a lot of streets
    If you think he's wide enough that all your outs are live, then I'm just 3b / getting this in on the flop. Which isn't advised given he seems to be a nit.

If he's tight enough that you don't want to raise get it in on the flop, then peeling flop doesn't make sense, donking the turn now really makes no sense. He can easily have Jxcc, or boats that are playing it the same. This line on works specifically against Axcc and if you put him on that then peeling your hand on the flop seems bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Fold pre flop fold river
    [11:11] <+bikes> bitches love your face
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipEaterMan View Post
    Fold. Flush seven high? WTF are you thinking? Were you waiting for the miraculous 4?

A flush beats a lot of hands...
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1FTR View Post
    A flush beats a lot of hands...
    Yeh that's true but what flush!!! FOLD!!!
    What MUST be, most surely SHALL be!!

Your sizing really isn't consistent with what you're trying to rep here. You're trying to either rep AJ (trip J's) or a boat, so there is no way you'd size those hands like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks