Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumPoker News, Reviews, Tools

New (free) hand history replayer

Default New (free) hand history replayer

Hi.
    <warning>
    "i'm french, please forgive my laguage mistakes"
    </warning>

I've designed a Hand History replayer tool. Took me 4 months, but i think it was worth doing it. I've been sharing it with the french community, but i thought i could share it with every one else as well( I internationalized it ).
    This tool mainly aims at replaying HH from various poker rooms with a nice graphical environment, very ( very ) much inspired from the one you actually get when you use your favorite poker room ( check the screenshots below ). It's currently working with all HH from Poker Stars, Party Poker, Everest Poker and all Cryptologic Network rooms ( Betfair, Willhill, InterPoker, Sun, etc... ).
    The general principle is to translate all those HH into a single, standard format ( XML ). This way, you can easily share HH with people that don't necessaraly play on the same room you do. They are even "editing options" that allows you to comment a specific action, or the whole hand, or to highlight a particular hand, so that people you share the hand with get easier reading.
    I've developped many features such as graphics ( chips / M count ), filters, pot odds display, etc.., and even an export option designed for FTR forum users. It exports the Hand you selected ( throught filtering, for example ) into BBCode you can directly post ( it retrives the tiny suit pictures ). It may save a great amount of time for those willing to share a big report on a long tourney.

Anyway, the link below gets you to my blog's page ( translated in english ) dedicated to this tool.

Popopop Player

And here is a couple screenshots.
    Hope you'll like it.

That looks awesome!
    that actually looks really nice.

Does it play the hand histories from PT or from the saved files on your computer? For either option, does it play the hands in the right order (for ring games)?
    by PT you mean "Poker Tracker" ? or "Poker Time" ?

if you mean poker time ( initial hypothesis )
    I haven't coded the parser for poker time. But for party poker, for example, the player is compatible with both hard driver histories and the e-mailed ones.
    So when i'll code the porker time parser ( pretty soon i hope ), i'll try do the same.

If the ring game HH are inverted, i'll sort them.

if you don't mean poker time then.... what do you mean ?
    :
    poker tracker
    How do i know this software doesnt install a trojan on my machine? Im pretty paranoid lately after the whole 2+2 trojan fiasco.
    Honnestly, i can't really prove it.

But :
    1) i can't program a trojan.
    2) there is no installation process, like most of windows apps. It has no ".exe" file. You unzip the stuff, that's it. The ".bat" you must launch contains a single statement ( you can take a look at it ) that launch your Java virtual machine and load the classes needed to get the stuff working. So all in all, if you detect a trojan in this, it means that there's a trojan in the Java VM, and here you've got a much bigger fiasco than the 2+2 trojan's
    Quote Originally Posted by midas06
    poker tracker
    Well, i don't know how PT works. I don't know if it translates the HH of various sites into a single format. If it's the case, i may develop a parser for poker tracker format.

But if it simply store the HH, keeping them at their original format / state, then you can read them with my player, as long as they come from one of the supported rooms ( see the post on top ).
    Hi,
    I've been playing with some stuff with HH, conversions so I could import other hands into PT, that sort of thing.

I've been thinking of the need to have a standard HH format, it's really a very important step. If we can have a good, agreed XML-based format then we can all be working on converters from our favourite room to this format and if enough people use it they'll start adding options to PT and PO.

Any chance of posting a definition of your XML format somewhere so we can see if it's worth using?
    Blah blah Op Blah blah

Faith in Jesus Christ is +EV. That is all.
    If you download the player, you'll find a XSD schema called Session.xsd in the sub-folder conf/xml. This is the format I use for my converted HH. You'll see that I use an "ID" field to identify the different "actions" ( raise, call, fold, etc.. ) . I can give you the association list as well if you're insterested.

As for what an converted HH ( in XML ) looks like, the best is to convert one of your own hand history with the player.

I'm quite sure it's not perfect, but it's been fitting pretty well to my needs till now.
    Update : V1.2 is available.
    Main evol are :
    > Compatibility with iPoker network ( titan, noble, Poker770,etc.. )
    > Per-street navigation ( a slider gets you straight to a given street )
    > Auto-play, with per-action delay settings in menu 'option'

The link : http://www.popopop-poker.net/article.php3?id_article=29
    Looks like a legit and useful tool, so the mentions and links to it are fine in your posts, but I've removed the URL from your signature, as you do have advertising on your site.

Here is a great Hand History Replayer that simply takes your hand history and converts it into animated GIF!

Thanks.
    Really sorry. Didn't intend to break any rule. My adertising on the site are just there to help pay for the bandwidth.
    Anyway, should have read the forum's rules more seriously.
    Update : V1.3 is available.
    Main evol are :
    > Compatibility with Omaha and Omaha Hi/Lo
    > Compatibility with OnPoker network ( PokerRoom,etc.. )
    > 2 new skins
    > Possibily to "append" a HH to another one ( in term of hole cards. The objective is to make it very simple to view at once all the hole cards of a final table of a private tournament, as along as players accept to provide their HH.
    Here is an example of what we got on a the FT of the last event of our french forum's private tournament :

The link to the player : http://www.popopop-poker.net/article.php3?id_article=29

My mail ( if you have any question : popopop.poker at gmail.com )
    Hi.

Just released V1.4 of my replayer.

What's new in V1.4?

=>Full Tilt support : hold'em, omaha. A FT skin is also available.
    =>Automatic SCAN : This is one VERY usefull feature. You simply tell ( only once ) the replayer where your HH folder is ( EX: c:\ProgramFiles\PokerStars\History ) on your hard drive.
    The scan function ( which is run at every startup or may be run manually ) actully "scans" those HH folders ( you can define as many as you want ), see if you've
    played any new session since last runtime, convert them, and load the last one automatically. Basically, you play, and when you're done, you run the replayer, and it's all ready to replay
    ( not a single action to do )
    =>LIVE Replaying : Play at least a hand, then run the scan features : that hand should load automatically. Then select the "launch tracking menu", and the replay
    binds itself to you running session. Each time a hand ends, the replayer updates itself, and you can at once see mucked cards, chips graphs evolutions, or simple replay that hand you didn't see
    cause you where in the bathrooms. Important : the feature won't work if you fail to define your "main storage folder" (you'll see)
    =>INTERNATIONALIZATION : Universal replayer is now available in english, french, german & dutch. More langage to come very soon ( btw, if you want help me to add a translation, please email me )
    => Few graphical adjustments. For exemple, the replayer now fits in 1024x768 desktop, it centers on the screen, and the "dos" window now disapears.

Note : the automatic scan & live replay features are available on every poker room the soft basically supports, but OnGame network.

The URL : http://www.popopop-poker.net/article.php3?id_article=29
    From there, you can go to the download page, where you have some install help, and a quick-start user documentation.

If you have any question, suggestion, complain, or trouble using it, etc..., please email me : [email protected]

Cheers
    This program doesnt work at all for me
    Im on Ipoker which have xml format handhistory, but nothing happens when i open a HH thru popopop
    Can some help

Thanks