Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Feedback and Announcements

FTR night on Party poker

Default FTR night on Party poker

Hey, maybe you guys should consider a "FlopTurnRiver.com" night on Party poker.

Setup a private table and members can come join and play with other people from the forums. I think it would be worth it just to hang out and see some good poker played.
    thats a pretty good idea, of course It might be a little embarrassing if you bluff off all your money.
    Yeah, that's a good idea. A little while ago I suggested we coordinate a $5 sit-n-go, we wouldn't be taking a lot of each other's money, but it would be a lot of fun to play with everyone.

I'm off to Japan for a week for work tomorrow, but I'll be back I think March 10, maybe the Xianti or Eric can coordinate a sit-n-go (or a couple back-to-back) for that week?

Does anyone know if it's possible to open a private sit-n-go table?

What do you guys think?
    I may be wrong but I think that you can only do a private table as a regular ring game. I seem to remember looking at that option and only seeing the option to adjust the blinds. I don't think that you can do private sit 'n' go's. I hope I'm, wrong. You'd think that that would be an option they would offer if they were gonna do private tables. I think that would be a blast for FTR to get together and play.
    "The urge to gamble is so universal and it's practice is so pleasurable, that I assume it must be evil." - Heywood Broun

Default FTR sit-n-go

I would totally be up for this. Count me in if you guys go forward....

PS. Ttanaka, what are you going to be doing in Japan? I used to live there and I'm going back to visit at the end of this month... yasumi wo tanoshimi yo ne! Nihonjin deshyoo ka?
    I don't know about a private sit and go tourney. I was trying to figure out how to do a tourney on pp with a private table.

The biggest problem i see with doing a tourney on a private table is the rake.

Maybe $5 winner take all (whatevers left after the rake?) everyone out of money would "sit out "so noone else sits at the table.

you could do a $15-25 buy in and pay first/second but the first place winner would have to transfer money to the second place finisher(meaning you'd have to pay second place $50 or more ).. either htat or play one more hand and then bet/fold it? (more for the rake)

Now increasing the blinds is another problem. You'd have to have EVERYONE check around to the blinds. Let the blinds bet/raise and then start the round from there. I think that would take more time than its worth.

Now the other way would be to have 10 people sit down. Start with say $10-20 and play until only 3 people are left and then use the chip stacks to determine first/second/third.

The winners actually win their chipstacks?
    ( i think the last option would be easiest with party poker )

Also since the blinds can't really be raised you may want to put a timer cap on the tourney of say "2 hours" and just end it after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingguitarist18
    thats a pretty good idea, of course It might be a little embarrassing if you bluff off all your money.
    Yep yep.. i think the "razzing" you'd receive afterwards would be the fun of it .

Not to mention we could save/post and comment our play from the tourney. It would be a great way to get both sides of the hands commented.

you could say "why you made this move" and i could say "when you made this bet, i called/floded/over the top because of this reason."
    I think I'm with Mike's idea of bringing $15-$20 to the table and then just playing until 3 people are left and letting the 3 people just leave with their chip stacks. Seems to be the easiest solution based on the fact that a private sit 'n' go seems not to be an option on PP.

That way there is no transfer of monies that would have to be done. No worrying about raising blinds, etc.
    "The urge to gamble is so universal and it's practice is so pleasurable, that I assume it must be evil." - Heywood Broun
    FTR Night At PartyPoker!

If we can't set up an actual private sit-n-go table, I think Mike's suggestion is the best so far. Anyone else have any other ideas?
    Talked to PartyPoker staff, they don't have private tables for tournaments. I spoke to an "outsourced" Customer Service rep who was not very knowledgable and not very helpful...

I think it is fair to have a private table ring game 0.25/0.50, everyone buys in for $15.

No re-buys, we just play until there are three people left.

If we want to increase the blinds, we can do it every 20 hands or so in the method described above.

Let's do it!
    I like Mike's idea, I think that would work out fine. Those who lose their money can just hang out and watch. I think we should sit down with a small amount (only $10 or so), otherwise this little "tourney" could go on for a long time... not to mention that I'd feel bad if I took a lot of money from everyone (lol, yup, I did it, started the trash talkin!!)

Crazyeddie, I'm off to Japan for work. The company I work for has a Japanese partner that I'm going to visit to review a part of their business and provide some recommendations. Apparently, their pre-flop strategy is all messed up (just kidding!). Anyway, I am of Japanese decent, but the kind that was born in Southern California, as well as my parents, as well as my grandparents, so basically I have no idea what you just wrote.

I leave tomorrow morning and I actually get back March 12, so maybe we can plan an FTR event that Saturday or Sunday (March 13-14).
    Dude, I'm Japanese too.

Well half/half.. Dad's a white as can be Biker type with tattoo's earrings. Mom was from Okinawa.
    March 13-14 works for me.
    i would trash talk but I always do terrible when I put my ego in the mix.

one question, assuming we go with 10 from everyone and 10 people show, how much of the 100 will be left at the end with the rake and all.
    That weekend (13-14 March) may not be good for me. I may have to work that weekend.

We can tentatively set it for that weekend, though. I'll let you know for sure as it gets closer.
    Is this still on? Let's make this happen. I think it would be too much fun taking y'all's money!

/trash talking has begun....
    I'm up for it as long as it is 9pm or later.
    lemme know I'll be there..
    im in. let me know.
    Why oh why didn't I see this thread sooner. I'm going up to Pennsylvania with some friends this weekend. Oh well.... maybe next time...
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    cod3machin3
    -=insert witty, thought provoking comment here=-
    going to PA where are you from?
    The date hasn't been set yet. This weekend is no good for me either. I'm working all weekend. And Tyson probably needs a few days to recover from his recent world-travelling.

We'll figure out a date that works for everyone (or most everyone) once our schedules calm down -- possibly next weekend?

In the next few coming weekends, which dates and times (PST) work for you guys?
    I can play almost any night as long as it is 9pm Pacific Standard Time(GMT - 8 ) or later.
    Hi everyone, back from Japan, not much of a poker scene over there, but the sushi is awesome!!

Anyway, this sounds like fun, we'll coordinate something soon.
    i'm always up real late, so if you guys want to start at a normal time PST (7-10PM) that works for me EST 10pm-1am
    Just wondered if this was still under investigation or if it has become a dead issue.

I will most likely have all this weekend free so that would be a great time for me. However, I can probably play on most any evening provided it was late enough. For me that would probably be after 11pm EST.
    this weekend is bad for me, but don't cancel it just because of me.

I have to deal cards all weekend, 5pm - 1am, and I usually play cards at the table games afterwards, so i'm not online much this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike4066
    going to PA where are you from?
    I'm from California, but now live in Virginia. Bit of a switch there eh?

As far as when is good for me, VA is EST, obviously so the weekends would probably work better for me. This Saturday is out unless it's earlier in the day, going to the boss' birthday party that night.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    cod3machin3
    -=insert witty, thought provoking comment here=-
    *bump*