Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Feedback and Announcements

Too many bad beat posts

Default Too many bad beat posts

Too many of the posts in this forum are complaints about bad beats or bad players. These are not interesting, and they do not further anyone's education.

What gives? Any chance we could get some "official" words asking posters to try to post real hands and real questions?
    ...says the guy with 6 posts, all of them replies up until this pearl of wisdom.

Make a few fucking quality posts before you bitch about the lack of them...
    Sorry. Partly my fault. In a bad mood this week. I have an actual question about this one --

"When Top Two Pair Dies"

I have KQ but no hearts. When the turn is a third heart, the bet is so small that I suspect OPP's flush is still not complete. And I'm right. Just trying to take away the pot odds here.

Better to call and see if the river does what it did?

ANTES/BLINDS
    Brent44 posts blind ($15), BigCawk posts blind ($30).

PRE-FLOP
    Lfin12 bets $60, NuWere bets $90, gldndixiedol calls $90, dsccr1157 calls $90, Brent44 folds, BigCawk calls $60, Lfin12 calls $30.

FLOP [board cards 5D,QH,KH ]
    BigCawk checks, Lfin12 checks, NuWere bets $60, gldndixiedol folds, dsccr1157 calls $60, BigCawk folds, Lfin12 calls $60.

TURN [board cards 5D,QH,KH,AH ]
    Lfin12 bets $60, NuWere bets $435 and is all-in, dsccr1157 calls $435, Lfin12 calls $375.

RIVER [board cards 5D,QH,KH,AH,5H ]
    Lfin12 bets $800, dsccr1157 calls $800.

SHOWDOWN
    Lfin12 shows [ 6H,6C ]
    NuWere mucks cards [ KC,QD ]
    dsccr1157 mucks cards [ 4H,KS ]
    Lfin12 wins $1,600, Lfin12 wins $1,950.
    Don't feed the troll...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord
    ...says the guy with 6 posts, all of them replies up until this pearl of wisdom.

Make a few fucking quality posts before you bitch about the lack of them...
    I have been at this site about a week. I'm an average player trying to learn. I tend to read alot more than post, especially being new. I will try to post more hands and discussion as I feel more comfortable.

I have not been rude to anyone. I think this site would be better without reading hand after hand of whining about bad beats. In fact, I KNOW this site would be better without the constant bad beat posts.

Apparently you do not agree. I would kindly ask that you apologize for both your rude remarks. Please apologize for calling me a troll. If you have been to many forums, you know what a troll is, I am NOT this, not remotely close. The "cup of STFU" while cute and all, was really unnecessary. If you feel that I should add more content and positive posts before I "earn" some right to suggest somthing that might improve the place, than by all means, please say so, if you are only capable of remarks like you made, please abstain from addressing me in the future.

I will try to do my part to add to the mix here. If you continue to feel that I make this site worse, and not better, I will gladly drink the nice cup of STFU you so kindly offered and be on my way.
    flatbush:

1. after 6 posts and a week at a site, yeah, it is pretty much rude to disparage other poster's posts, even if you don't do it by name.

2. FTR is very much a "free form" site - this has advantages and disadvantages. we pretty much discuss anything here, and diverge quite often. this is good. the bad side: the content of all posts is not stellar (e.g. anything "fishstick" and "thong-related" ). guidelines have been recently drafted to spiff up the content in hand histories, leaving bad beat/killer hands to be posted in tales of poker. personally, i don't do much more than glance at tales of poker. it's like censorship - i would rather have the content and decide for myself what to read, rather than have it limited. but every once in awhile, i read someone's bad beat story that gets me thinking about some part of my game, and i learn something.

3. regarding a problem with fnord, that's between you and him. however - even being the FTR "comedy scrub", it rankles me when someone with 6 posts and a week on the site makes critical remarks regarding posts on the site.

my two chips.
    i hate what i have become to escape what i hated being...
    Quote Originally Posted by fishstick
    flatbush:

1. after 6 posts and a week at a site, yeah, it is pretty much rude to disparage other poster's posts, even if you don't do it by name.

2. FTR is very much a "free form" site - this has advantages and disadvantages. we pretty much discuss anything here, and diverge quite often. this is good. the bad side: the content of all posts is not stellar (e.g. anything "fishstick" and "thong-related" ). guidelines have been recently drafted to spiff up the content in hand histories, leaving bad beat/killer hands to be posted in tales of poker. personally, i don't do much more than glance at tales of poker. it's like censorship - i would rather have the content and decide for myself what to read, rather than have it limited. but every once in awhile, i read someone's bad beat story that gets me thinking about some part of my game, and i learn something.

3. regarding a problem with fnord, that's between you and him. however - even being the FTR "comedy scrub", it rankles me when someone with 6 posts and a week on the site makes critical remarks regarding posts on the site.

my two chips.
    I appreciate your comments.

I apologize if I offended anyone, I did not mean to be rude or insulting towards this site. I like it quite a bit. I said something specifically because I noticed many newer players here that seem to be eager to learn and play, I think it is a very important step in learning to "get over" the bad beats and move on to more intirueing discussions of hand play et al.

I understand your remarks, and understand how/why mine might be offensive to you and others. To all of you, I apologizeif I offended anyone, I certainly did not intend to do so.

As I mentioned in my prior post, I will try to add to the quality and content here, and try not to be dead weight. Certainly, I will keep any critical comments I have to myself.

Lastly, I really had not and did not mean to refer to any one poster, and I was not thinking of any one post when I made this. Actually, a few dyas ago I said to myself "Nice site, what's with all the bad beat posts"...today I read a few more and decided foolishly to open my mouth. Wasn't the first time, it won't be the last.

I look forward to discussing more poker related things, and less me being an asshole related things, in the near future.

I hope you understand my posts, and I hope I have not offended more.
    Regards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush
    I appreciate your comments.

I apologize if I offended anyone, I did not mean to be rude or insulting towards this site. I like it quite a bit. I said something specifically because I noticed many newer players here that seem to be eager to learn and play, I think it is a very important step in learning to "get over" the bad beats and move on to more intirueing discussions of hand play et al.

I understand your remarks, and understand how/why mine might be offensive to you and others. To all of you, I apologizeif I offended anyone, I certainly did not intend to do so.

As I mentioned in my prior post, I will try to add to the quality and content here, and try not to be dead weight. Certainly, I will keep any critical comments I have to myself.

Lastly, I really had not and did not mean to refer to any one poster, and I was not thinking of any one post when I made this. Actually, a few dyas ago I said to myself "Nice site, what's with all the bad beat posts"...today I read a few more and decided foolishly to open my mouth. Wasn't the first time, it won't be the last.

I look forward to discussing more poker related things, and less me being an asshole related things, in the near future.

I hope you understand my posts, and I hope I have not offended more.
    Regards.
    no worries man - now how about a group hug!
    I'm sorry Fishstick and Fnord, but I have absolutely no clue what you guys are so upset about. He's just making a suggestion. And his suggestion is right on the money. The same concern has been voiced by others here, including Fnord: the bad beats are cluttering up the "hand histories" forum.

Clearly you guys aren't upset at the content of his suggestion, but the fact that he "had the nerve" to make any suggestion at all. What the hell? Doesn't FTR have an entire forum called "feedback" which specifically asks users to give their ideas on how to make the site better? Well thats all flatbush was doing here.
    Let's see...

o I brought up the issue with some individual post(er)s
    o We added a sticky with forum guidelines as discussed in the IC
    o The overall quality of posts here has increased dramatically in the last week

Then this piece of turd gets posted. I was a little pissy about it...
    Agreed: his suggestion was a dollar short and a day late. But but he had the right idea and good intentions.
    Let's see...

o I brought up the issue with some individual post(er)s
    o We added a sticky with forum guidelines as discussed in the IC
    o The overall quality of posts here has increased dramatically in the last week

Then this piece of turd gets posted. I was a little pissy about it...
    I'll assume that I will get no apology and that I'm just a troll, is this correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNatural
    I'm sorry Fishstick and Fnord, but I have absolutely no clue what you guys are so upset about. He's just making a suggestion. And his suggestion is right on the money. The same concern has been voiced by others here, including Fnord: the bad beats are cluttering up the "hand histories" forum.

Clearly you guys aren't upset at the content of his suggestion, but the fact that he "had the nerve" to make any suggestion at all. What the hell? Doesn't FTR have an entire forum called "feedback" which specifically asks users to give their ideas on how to make the site better? Well thats all flatbush was doing here.
    filling out Banning Request Form on natural! :P

speaking for myself, i wasn't really upset and my post was more of a "here's how your words can be taken, even though i don't think you meant it that way" message to flatbush.

i think both of his responses were well thought out and well said. i also think that he was trying to be constructive.

maybe there are some feelings of "paying your dues" before you chime in about structuring the site - you certainly can't make worthwhile suggestions until you have a number of fishstick-in-a-thong related posts.

once again, (except for natural! :P ) group hug!

hey flatbush - what a welcome to the site!
    No prob, I never was one for group hugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNatural

filling out Banning Request Form on natural! :P

speaking for myself, i wasn't really upset and my post was more of a "here's how your words can be taken, even though i don't think you meant it that way" message to flatbush.

i think both of his responses were well thought out and well said. i also think that he was trying to be constructive.

maybe there are some feelings of "paying your dues" before you chime in about structuring the site - you certainly can't make worthwhile suggestions until you have a number of fishstick-in-a-thong related posts.

hey flatbush - what a welcome to the site!
    Heh, no big deal. I think you and Fnord are right, though I think Fnord might have been a little kinder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush
    though I think Fnord might have been a little kinder.
    Don't ask Fnord to change who he is! Short, blunt and to the point. Just like Judge Judy.

Fnord posted this in another part of the site. This is refering to his replies on hand histories, but I think it gives a little insight to who he is.
    I don't shit on posts for a quick rush. I do so to provoke debate that strengthens everyone's game. If you think I'm critical of some of the posts here, I'm harder on myself when I review my own hands in Poker Tracker. I could post some real gems...
    As for you. Just keep it happy, at least at first. Once you settle in and we know more about you, we can forgive certain things. When you are giving constructive critisism, keep the constructive to a maximum, and the critisism to a minimum.
    I don't know what they have to say
    It makes no difference anyway.
    Whatever it is...
    I'm against it.
    Hey Flatbush, it's Tyson, thought I'd chime in on this thread. As mentioned, your post came in a bit late and after the fact, we've been dealing and strategizing on how to better control and maintain these posts. These bad beat stories do have their place - Tales of Poker - we are in the process of posting guidelines and FAQ's for each section, as well as getting moderators to help us out.

Regarding Fnord's response, sorry but I laughed out loud. You'll get to know how he is, as mentioned - critical, blunt, sometimes pissy?, often right on. You don't have to like the guy, but trust me, you'll learn from him. He's been with us since almost day one - he will be a moderator in these forums and he knows his poker.

Understand that we deal with a lot of posts and posters that do not offer any value. Your post, coming from someone new to these forums, telling us what we already know and are addressing....well, you can see how your post may just look like another "bad beat story" to us.

But from your responses, it seems like your a good guy, look forward to your contribution in making this a better place.
    {Moved from Hold'em Hand Histories}

I think the points on both sides of this issue have been addressed. I'm going to lock this topic before it gets really ugly.

Please send further personal comments directly via PM.