Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumWins and Fails

I could use some advice here

Default I could use some advice here

Ok, Hello everyone...

I have come to believe Im a decent live poker player. I live in a city where poker is illegal to play like in most of the places I know but there is a bit a of twist. Its been a few months now since I started to play with some local big fishes and Im not saying fishes cuz the play bad (they do) but to make reference to their "particular" lifestyle. I mean this guys control the city. Moving drugs, gambling agencies and stuff that Im probably not even allowed to thing about. Theyre not claiming to be a mafia but they certainly are.

The thing is that I always beat them up in poker. They play really weak and I always get off with my pockets filled with dirty money. But yestarday, after winning a pot (I won about 2000 bucks in that hand) I happily procede to grab my chips and the guy is all red and super tilt and he looks at me really ungry and he said "give me one thousand now" I of course laughted at him. was he for real?

Now Im thinking im gonna get killed.

What can i do... they know me pretty well and they know im noone.
    if he didn't kill you already you're probably okay. just don't laugh at him if you think he's mafia, you retard
    Quote Originally Posted by Carroters
    Ambition is fucking great, but you're trying to dig up gold with a rocket launcher and are going to blow the whole lot to shit unless you refine your tools
    pics or didnt happen

also, you moron, you should be LOSING money to these guys, and winning it off the less important people. they'll like you better. seriously, take a dive in the next game you play vs them, and beat the shit out of their lackeys. bing blang blaow
    First off, you haven't given us any info about yourself, which is huge in a situation like this. I'm gonna assume 2 things here based on what you've said and how you've said them.

1) You're basically a law abiding citizen, other than poker...
    2) You're not a bad ass.

Taking both these points into consideration I suggest you stay as far the fuck away from these guys as possible. This shit is nothing but trouble no matter how things work out.

3 probable scenarios:

1) You die.
    2) You end up in jail.
    3) You end up owing someone favors that you really don't want to owe, which usually leaves you at one of the other 2 scenarios.

If I'm wrong about the first 2 assumptions then we can re-evaluate.
    Last edited by supa; 03-03-2011 at 02:57 PM.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penneywize View Post
    pics or didnt happen

also, you moron, you should be LOSING money to these guys, and winning it off the less important people. they'll like you better. seriously, take a dive in the next game you play vs them, and beat the shit out of their lackeys. bing blang blaow
    Worst possible thing you could do. These are the guys with the most to prove and the least to lose.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    Quote Originally Posted by supahaole View Post
    Worst possible thing you could do. These are the guys with the most to prove and the least to lose.
    you need to watch more tv sir
    Quote Originally Posted by Penneywize View Post
    pics or didnt happen

Serious doubts that this isn't just some CSB. I know people like this and I've never seen or heard about a game under $5/10NL or $20/40 Limit - both a $1k buyin. It's not worth the risk to rake a low limit game. If real, you don't have to take a dive per say, but I'd definitely target the fishy players these groups are known to bring in. It's not worth the money when some drunk capo gets all tilty and pulls out a gun.
    Last edited by StarGrinder; 03-07-2011 at 03:28 PM.
    Well... thanks to you all. I'm still alive.

Here's what happened: they got tired of losing money and one night I tried to enter the club and two gorillas quickly blocked my way in as soon as they saw my face. "Excuse me" I said. "You're not allowed to come here anymore". "Ok" I just turned around and got into my car.

I guess that's for the best. Lol

I made like 14 thousand in that club!
    Well, the problem is real. I think you have to change your lifestyle as that may change it. The great thing is to gamble online, I guess. You can visit https://spielautomaten777.de/ and find something for you.
    Last edited by Keith; 03-08-2017 at 12:57 PM.